Forum: General / Tap / Stepping

Stepping? never heard of it
By BallyReeny
On Sat May 29, 2004 08:34 AM

i know this might be a little stupid but what exactly is stepping? ive never heard of anything but tap and character... please tell me what this is!! thanks :)

5 Replies to Stepping? never heard of it

re: Stepping? never heard of it
By pinklady
On Fri Jun 25, 2004 01:38 AM
Stepping is where usually a group of people(a step team) make beats by stomping on the ground. hand clapping&slapping can also be involved to make the beats more interesting. step is really fun but takes lots of practice and coordination. and if you have ever seen the movie Drumline, the soroity sisters were stepping at the party!
By Annette3
On Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:17 PM
Excuse me, you don't call that 'Stepping'What you mean is percusion in diference styles. You only step with your feet.
By MrEd3000Premium member
On Fri Jul 23, 2004 03:21 PM
Hey Annette, it IS called stepping. Your point is well taken, but the dominant rhythms are certainly done by the feet.

By the way:
Blackboards can be green.
There's a truck company named Yellow that has orange trucks.
Iceland has green landscapes.
Greenland has icebergs.
Movie trailers come before the movie.

Go Figure.

MrEd
Miami
By mzHipHopdlight
On Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:15 AM
Thank you MrED. Plus it is not called "stepping" it's "steppin". Stepping is an Irish form of dance, while steppin is African American. Let's get it right people!
By Robinowitz
On Tue Aug 10, 2004 05:10 PM
Stepping is a two count, hand dance done by couples in Chicago. It is not clogging...see R. Kelly's "Stepping in the name of Love".

ReplySendWatch