Forum: Folk / Folk - General

Mexican Folklorico?
By EireLibramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 30, 2004 09:07 PM

I was just wondering if there is anyone perusing the boards who does Mexican Dancing? I'm looking specifically for people who have done the Vera Cruz Zapateado percussive styles.

Is there anyone out there?

5 Replies to Mexican Folklorico?

Mexican folk dances
By KSMom
On Thu Jul 01, 2004 05:54 PM
Years ago (over 20) I did Mexican folk dance, including Veracruz style, Huapango, and Tapatio (like the Jarabe Tapatio). It's been a long time!
re: Mexican Folklorico?
By tutuli
On Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:33 PM
I distinctly came onto this section to post about ballet folklorico. I didn't think anyone did it! Nice to know some people share in my dance!
Luv,
TUTULI
P.S.
I don't think I've learned it yet, but then again I dont know the names of many of the dances i do. Will find out though.
By that_dancer_girl
On Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:28 PM
I have done some Mexican dance, including some from Vera Cruz, but I'm definately not an expert or anything.
By velvetmist80
On Thu Sep 09, 2004 09:11 AM
I am VERY involved in Mexican Folkloric dancing. I have dance folklorico for over fourteen years (I am nineteen years old), and I have my own Mexican folkloric dance company in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas. I live here in Texas, and I have traveled several times to Xalapa, Veracruz and Veracruz, Veracruz specifically to study the traditional zapateado of Veracruz, known as the "Jarocho" style. I was most recently the principle dancer of the Ballet Folklorico de Reynosa in Tamaulipas, Mexico. I am very experienced in Mexican folkloric dance, and although I teach extensively, I am always learning new things. For more information on the Jarocho steps or any other folklorico questions you may have, feel free to e-mail me revelacion_secreta@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Mexican folk dancing
By fredrg8
On Tue Sep 14, 2004 06:40 PM
I' ve been a professional folk dancer for 19 years and I´m well acquainted with the zapateado jarocho (from Veracruz)as well as the other traditional dances of Mexico. I've danced in the most prestigious companies in mexico such as: "Ballet Folklorico de Mexico" and "Ballet Folklorico Nacional de Mexico" now I am devoted to teaching and investigating the mexican folklor. if I can be of any help reply.

ReplySendWatch