Forum: General / Modern / Modern Photos - Members

Page:
Page 4 of 4: 1 2 3 4
brill
By contortgirl
On Mon Feb 14, 2005 08:44 AM
I used to love performing with props like this - made me feel like I was in a 1940s musical
re: My Moderation Piece!
By dancetasticmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:39 AM
hey, those costumes are really neat! and all of you are really pritty! hope you did well in your competion, and keep up the good work!
dance like no1 is watching xox...>~>... Alyssa
By kmfdancer1
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:52 PM
Wow! All three of you girls look so gorgeous. I love your prop choice. Your costumes and earings are so aweseome too.
By shelby99
On Sun Mar 06, 2005 01:18 PM
lovely picture you look stunning and you really look confident
By TootsieRoll
On Sun Mar 06, 2005 04:48 PM
Nice outfits they are awesome. I'm glad that it went well for you.

-Steph
By pineapple_dance
On Sun Mar 27, 2005 03:26 AM
hi love ur costumes very red!!! glad u hav confidence let me know how u did
iv just got honur o my modern
By xSupastarxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 03, 2005 02:03 PM
Awww, cute costumes!

Was you being moderated for GCSE/A Level Dance outta interest? ;)
By Balllerina
On Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:47 AM
Oh my god, when I look at that pic all I look at is yoru faces ! Thanks for posting that broadway Dancer ! You choreographed it ?! You 3 have such beautiful full vibrant faces ! Omg Emmmm e, you are sooo pretty, and I reckon you having no shoes sorta gives the pic a bit of edge and difference!!!!!!! YAY WElldone.. :)

xoxox Tash.
By Teeny14YearOldmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 16, 2005 05:27 PM
hey guys love your costumes how old are you guys???? im glad it went well for you!!! what is the name of your dance studio???]

xx d xx
By jessiedancer
On Sat Apr 23, 2005 01:53 PM
hi i like your siny red costume it is really pretty
By Daziling_jennyPremium member
On Sun May 01, 2005 11:13 AM
hello

aw use all look great
liove the costumes

x x x
By NadiaLadidamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 02, 2005 08:46 AM
It was a modern piece and we wore jazz shoes because how stupid would it have looked with bare feet?

Um, if it were a modern piece, it would not have looked stupid with bare feet, becase modern dance is typically performed in bare feet.

Though you look very nice, this looks as though it is jazz or musical theatre, rather than modern.
By tasha9
On Mon May 02, 2005 03:17 PM
r u lot proffesional cause you look it
By tasha9
On Mon May 02, 2005 03:18 PM
they all look really proffesional and i bet the judges liked them
By Emme
On Mon May 02, 2005 10:03 PM
nadialadida ill reply to that one hehe
i THINK what she meant was it would look stupid to wear no shoes with the costumes we are wearing, especially since we are wearing fishnets...not that it would look stupid to do a modern dance in bare feet! hehe also yes the costumes are jazzy but it was most definately still a modern peice, if it wasnt we wouldnt have performed it because it was for a modern moderation! :)
By RayRay3
On Thu May 26, 2005 07:14 PM
What a very cute pic!
By doodlebugdancer
On Wed Jun 08, 2005 03:37 PM
u guys look so cute! i think i might have had the same costume but with a fringe skirt attatched to it!
On Thu Jun 09, 2005 07:38 AM
Okay - whatever you say...the costumes, the pose, and the props, and the shoes make it look like a jazz or musical theatre piece.
By Emme
On Fri Jun 10, 2005 08:33 PM
why am im feeling the need to repeat myself?

"yes the costumes are jazzy but it was most definately still a modern peice, if it wasnt we wouldnt have performed it because it was for a modern moderation!"

sorry but i thought i was agreeing with you? i said the costumes ARE jazzy... but the peice was a modern peice for a modern moderation like i have already said. are there constraints to what a modern costume should look like?
On Mon Jun 13, 2005 08:52 AM
sorry but i thought i was agreeing with you?

Um, yeah -Thought I was agreeing with you too, when I said, "Okay - whatever you say".

Chill, please.
By Emme
On Tue Jun 14, 2005 07:32 AM
didnt really think it was an unchilled comment but anywho, the "okay, whatever you say" seemed a bit attitudey but if not *thumbs up* hoorah for internet mis-interpretations! ;)
re: My Moderation Piece! (karma: 1)
By hyper375
On Wed Jun 15, 2005 07:11 AM
Ok alannah...lets get one thing straight...i'm going to say something that no one has had the guts to say ever since this photo first appeared (its close to a year ago that we performed that night right?). I remember that performance and i remember your piece. It DID look too jazzy for me (you are an incredible jazz dancer i will admit), the costumes didn't suit the piece at all and in the end i really didn't like it. Neither did Mr. Smart! I Know hardly anyone who did! I'm amazed the moderator gave you that high mark anyway. I REALLY HATE THIS PICTURE!!! Now i'm going to put on my bio-chemical outfit, stand back and wait for the onslaught. Just thought i'd risk saying it. Bring it on.

AND WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT THE SHOES!!!?!?!? Modern is about the idea behind the dance...not beautiful lines in space or how much effort you put into costumes and props. WHO CARES WHAT THEY'RE WEARING!?!?!? God, I JUST WANNA SCREAM!!!! No one cares what the dance was about...its all about the stupid outfits they're wearing!!!!! Will you just think about why we dance modern in the first place before you start blabbering on about how 'nice' they look in the picture??? If you wanna look 'hot' in a tight outfit with a dumb prop...go dance JAZZ!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!
By hyper375
On Wed Jun 15, 2005 07:14 AM
you too emmeline!!! Just shut it for a while...
On Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:15 AM
Wow, hyper375.

You certainly do live up to your name, don't you?!
Page:
Page 4 of 4: 1 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed