Tips and advice on keeping your flat leather shoes sparkling clean!!!
By ADancerForever
On 06/17/2004 02:18:55
Hi everyone. I've got some tips on keeping our precious leather shoes clean and decided to put it up here.

To start with, you don't need any fanciful stuff, the following will just do:

1) An old toothbush (used one, that is, and you don't intend to use it anymore)
2) A plastic mug that you don't need any more (disposable ones will do just as well)
3) Some toothpaste

And here's the steps to prolong the lifespan of your ballet shoes:

1) Dip your toothbrush into the mug filled with water and brush the surface of your ballet shoes.
2) Afterwhich, place some toothpaste on your toothbrush then gently brush the surface of the flat leather shoe. You'll be surprised with the loads of unsightly stuff that comes out of it.
3) After you're done with both shoes, leave them to dry for a day.
4) On the second day, use ONLY plain water to brush up the pair of shoes to remove excess toothpaste from it.
5) Leave it to dry again.
6) Finally, wear the pair of shoes and walk into the bathroom. Turn on the tap sightly and place your feet with the shoes on to remove the rest of the remaining toothpaste. Then use tissue to dab on your shoes and leave them to dry for the last time.

*NOTE*: The whole of step six is optional if you feel that you don't have the time for it. However, it helps my shoes regain it's sticky surface so that I don't slip so easily during class. Toothpaste WIll CAUSE YOUR SHOES TO FEEL SLIPPERY. So I would advice you to remove as much of the toothpaste as possible from your shoes after cleaning it.

It would help a lot if you clean it this way every once to twice a month depending on the number of classes you attend. Pllease DON NOT try this on canvas shoes, I don't think it works on canvas.

I hope that it would help all of you in keeping your shoes in a better condition. Happy brushing!!!

**ChineseDancer**
re: Tips and advice on keeping your flat leather shoes sparkling clean!!!
By loVin_JazZ
On 06/18/2004 10:44:48
i dont want to be mean but, why is this a girls only thing? and why woudnt this go in ballet?

-jessica
By ADancerForever
On 06/18/2004 23:56:35
Well, I'm sorry for putting in under ther wrong section in the first place. I just thought it was less likely for guys to wear flat leather shoes. They usually wear canvas. Anyhow, its shifted by balletgurl now to ballet, here. Thanx for your reply anyway.

**Chinesedancer**
By ADancerForever
On 06/19/2004 06:35:44
I'm sorry, I know I sound ridiculous but I can't find my post(this one that I'm replying to now) anywhere. I came to this page through the moderator's link in her private message for me. Can anyone of you please tell me where this post is up on currently? And if it is on the ballet board, what page it is. Thanks. **Chinesedancer**
By PinkPearl
On 06/19/2004 07:03:44
Your post is now on the Ballet board under Ballet. By the way, great post! I'll try that, karma for you!
By PinkPearl
On 06/26/2004 07:51:02
I finished cleaning my ballet shoes a few days ago. They look way cleaner! Also right in time for recital. Thanks :)
By ADancerForever
On 07/11/2004 03:22:53
"blushing" Thanks.

**chinesedancer**

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 06/24/2022 05:02:09