Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

next years world champion?
By Tartan22
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 06:15 PM

who do you think is going to be the next "colleen rintimaki" i personally think its going to be chantel watt from ontario =)

21 Replies to next years world champion?

re: next years world champion?
By highland_QT29member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:06 PM
Hey
Thats a good question. Im not really that framilar with the Canadian dancers as I am with the Midwest dancers. Kira seems to be doing pretty well, but shes not placing as consistantly as she used to. I know shes done quiet well at worlds though. Theres Kate Degood too! Shes been doing great this year. How old is Laura Cartffy (lol Im sorry I can't remember her last name, I nkow it starts with a C and Im pretty sure it has a F and T in it?? lol sorry). Will she be in the adults this year?

Chantelle
By Tartan22
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:09 PM
i thnk that laura cafferty is in 17 and older.... well she was for the ontario closed championship this month but she will either be in 17 or adult

where do you live?

~alex~
By highland_QT29member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:12 PM
Hey
Ooh ok, so next year she will be in the adults group. I live near GR, Michigan. What about you?

Chantelle
By Tartan22
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:12 PM
i live in toronto Ontario
By highlandchic
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:21 PM
I dont think we'll ever see another "Colleen" any time soon, or at all, not to the extent that she is.

It is such a hard call for World Champions this year, there is loads of talent in every category. Cowal should be very exciting this year :D
By Tartan22
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:23 PM
Yeah it should be a REALLY hard competition! but yeah i don't thinkn there will be a dancer that can acheive the things shes done for MANY years lol
By highlandlassie
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 08:04 PM
I think Michelle Nadeau has a really good shot. Her dancing has that extra something, she's amazing to watch! I think she'll take it this year.
By Tartan22
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 08:07 PM
yeah she is good but still amny people thought coleen shulld have won the canadians instead of her.... i think that they have two different styles so thats what makes them so close but yeah she may have a chance...

~alex~
By dance_deva
On Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:41 PM
There won't be another Colleen Rintamaki!! In my opinion she was the best dancer the world has ever had, and will ever have. Think about it...she has won the worlds for 9 consecutive years...that is more or less unbeatable. She was so outstanding, although there were a lot of talented great dancers runner up to her, she had something. Now I think there are a lot of other great dancers all fighting for the title, but none quite as outstanding as Colleen. Just my thoughts!
re: next years world champion? (karma: 1)
By highlandchic
On Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:30 PM
re: Last years Canadians
I really believe Michelle deserved to win. Colleen made mistakes in two of her dances and she knew it. Michelle is a beautiful dancer as well, lets not take away from her well deserved title.
Colleen was a very gracious and classy first runner up at the Canadians last year.
By highlandlassie
On Fri Jun 18, 2004 01:31 PM
I agree with highlandchic. I was watching last year's Canadians, and Michelle was the better dancer that day. She danced really well and earned her award.
By Tartan22
On Sat Jun 19, 2004 03:35 PM
i bet now that colleen"s gone ( not in championships) michelle may get her title again!
next year's world champion
By dancemomma
On Thu Jul 15, 2004 08:15 AM
I don't think we will ever see another Colleen either but if little Bevin Wiley keeps on developing as she has to this point, she could give her a run for her money.

I know she is too young for world titles yet but I was amazed with her (especially since she is sooooo young) at Canadians this year.

As far as this year, Marielle, Chantelle for juvenille and Junior. Adult is harder to say. Michelle certainly is a contender but there are so many excellent dancers who could sneek up, very difficult to say.

Can't wait to see how it goes. Wish I could be there to watch!!!!
By dance_deva
On Thu Jul 15, 2004 08:24 AM
Does anyone know whether Bevin will be in the 8s or 9s at Cowal this year?
By highland_hotty
On Thu Jul 15, 2004 09:26 AM
Re: next colleen rintimaki

I agree that there will not be another colleen rintimaki as she was one of a kind. Even if another dancer wins as much as she has each dancer is different and has there own style.

She is a wonderful dancer to watch and there are oter dancers who are also wonderful to watch but everyone is different. :)

c ya h'lnd_hotty xxx
By ScotchGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 16, 2004 04:02 PM
Maybe Michellle Neadeau. Is Collen still competing?
By highlandlassie
On Fri Jul 16, 2004 05:03 PM
Colleen's competing, but not in major championships.
Cowal
By tidings
On Sat Jul 24, 2004 05:19 PM
Bevan will be nine in July
By Tartan22
On Sun Jul 25, 2004 02:50 PM
shes absolutly amazing!!!!!!! If that girl continues to work hard she will be an amazing dancer for her whole dancing time
By dance_deva
On Mon Aug 02, 2004 08:10 AM
I can't wait to see Bevin at Cowal this year!
By miss_angela
On Sun Aug 08, 2004 02:55 PM
I saw Bevin at the canadians, I saw her doing the hornpipe and her highcuts were amazing, she was so strong at the end as she was at the start!

ReplySendWatch