Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Have any song ideas?
By home_f_r_y
On Sun Jun 20, 2004 05:09 PM

I am currently thinking of ideas for my advanced tap solo this year. If anyone has an idea for a sortove... latin upbeat song for a advanced tap solo......it would be awesome.....i have found some songs but they are usually too repetitious and i don't want that..... so .....if you have any ideas....PLEASE HELP!!!!

5 Replies to Have any song ideas?

re: Have any song ideas?
By DanceEverything
On Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:43 PM
I totally understand the need to not have a repetitive song- I do a lot of tap improv ( I stopped classes this year when I went to university, and improv was my intro to choreography!), so I understand the need to stay fresh.
hmmmm.....so, I'll give you some of my fav's:
Jumpin' at the woodside- its a swing-type standard, very upbeat, quite quick in most places, but pretty short ( that can be a good thing!)
America from Westside story- I know I know MUSICALS- but its good, if you want something more latin.
Jungle swing- kind of a mix of both
Pinball Wizard- its by elton john, don't know how else you'd describe it...but it's fun to dance!
The Logical Song by Supertramp- seriously, enough said!
And finally, this one's upbeat, and its a whole lot of fun with opportunity for some crazy expression- Ms. Otis Regrets. originally, this was a jazz song, and pretty slow, but if you get the Bette Midler version, its upbeat, fast, and wonderful
Hope that helps
By kgizz
On Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:56 PM
heyy .. i recently did a tap group dance to ms. otis regrets .. it was really fun .. we had wood boxes that we held and then put down and taped on .. (( like suitcases ))
By lneff
On Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:36 AM
There is a latin version of "Puttin on the Ritz" I did several years ago. I think it was a Buster Cooper number. Hope you find something.
lneff
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 06, 2004 01:05 AM
Pinball Wizard is from the musical Tommy which was by the band The Who, not Elton John.

Helen
Have any song ideas
By nDsTwAnNaBe
On Mon Sep 06, 2004 03:45 PM
Edited by nDsTwAnNaBe (95553) on 2004-09-06 15:48:50 i forgot to add some ideas for her solo.
I only have two ideas for your solo.
Conga-Gloria Estefan
Turn The Beat Around-Gloria Esteffan

I have more ideas that arent latin songs:
Bad-Micheal Jackson
Jumpin East of Jiva-(?) I LOVE THIS SONG!
In The Mood-(?)
Sing,Sing,Sing-(Mask Soundtrack)
Hey Pachuco-(Mask Soundtrack)

ReplySendWatch