Forum: Europe / Europe - General

Going to Belgium, any recommendations?
By CrYsTaLmethod
On Thu Jul 08, 2004 05:42 PM

Im going to belgium in a couple of weeks and i was wondering if anyone knew any really cool places to go there, becuase im gonna have some free time

3 Replies to Going to Belgium, any recommendations?

re: Going to Belgium, any recommendations?
By Laurannemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:48 AM
Hello
I'm in Belgium. In which city are you going? Well, Belgium isn't a big country so, you will find really easy to visit diferent cities.
"Bruge" is a very old and very beautiful city!
"Bruxelles" is the capital city. It is a very nice city too.
"Liège", where i live, is, I think, the best place in Belgium if you want to party! There is this place, in the town center, called "le carré". "Carré" means "square". It is in fact four streets, forming a square (of course..), with lots and lots of pubs! During the week end (and friday), they are open all night and there are lots of people (most are between 15 and 35) having fun. it's great!
Hope it helps...
If you have any questions, my email adress is lauranne4000@hotmail.com

:)
re: Going to Belgium, any recommendations?
By Lientjemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 08, 2004 06:21 AM
Luik or Liege is not known for safe after 12 the shoppingstreet is property of the ladies of small pleasure if you get me. Bruges (Brugge) where i came from is medieval architecture. Brussel (Bruxelles) is nice, big it's the capital you should visit the palace of the king it's open for visit untill the end of august. The atomium and little europe are also something you have to do and the rue des bouchers.
In Bruges you should ask for het brugs beertje that's the cafe of the beerambassador of flanders. He has any kind of beer made in belgium. If you are allowed to drink beer. If not visit The hobbit it's just accross the cafe they make the best spareribs in Bruges.
Gent (Gand) is also a city you should visit ( i live there now) it's multicultural and very nice for shopping and culture.
Antwerp is for shopping
Ypres (Ieper) you really should visit. It's the place where most of the british soldiers are burried who died during WW1 and WW2. At the Menense poort they sound every evening at 8pm the last post in rememberance of those who fell for freedom. Yes in Europe it still is remembered.
These are my suggestions (and i did organise a lot of international weeks in my school where we saw the main cities of Belgium in one week) If you want some more advice where to stay pm me. I have a lot of suggestions.

CY

Lien
liege
By Ana99
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 03:12 AM
Hi! I'm going to live in Liege for a year... I do ballet, jazz, contempoary and hiphop... can anyone help me by recommending best studios in or near the city?

ReplySendWatch