Forum: Advice / GLBT PG-13

GLBT PG-13
Useful Links (karma: 3)
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Fri Jul 09, 2004 03:26 PM
Edited by soliloquy (28370) on 2004-07-09 15:30:35
Made sticky by alleycat (25274) on 2004-08-01 03:34:53

hrc.org
The HRC is a never exhausting resource of issues affecting the GLBT population in the United States.

www.iglhrc.org . . .
Then, of course, there is the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission. Same basic idea as the HRC but with a global outreach.

planetout.com
PlanetOut has decent news. They also have chats and message boards and pride shopping and entertainment catergories that are worth looking through. Not my favourite site, but the favourite of many.

www.queerday.com
Queer Day is just an amazing resource of the news relating the GLBT community. Even if it was just a tiny snippet in some small town's paper, you can probably find it here.

technodyke.com
By [their] simple standards, if you know how to turn on a computer, and you're a woman who loves women... (bi/trans/curious included!!!!) you're a Techno Dyke! (And, if you're looking at this, then you can definitely assume the title.) The site has a little bit of everything, with fantastic forums, and a fun design.

www.queertheory.com
Queer Theory is a listing resource, providing visual and textual resources relating to queer fields.

www.rainbowquery.com
Rainbow Query is one of the many GLBT search engines. It's a fairly good one.

www.queerfilter.com
Queer filter is a listing of GLBT weblogs and personal sites.

pflag.org
PFLAG, or Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays is an amazing support group for... parents and friends of the GLBT community. This is really a wonderful organization. I can't say enough about it.

Anyone else, feel free to add any links that are your favourites and whatnot. This is not meant to be a definitive list by any means, but rather just the start of one to get the ball rolling.

9 Replies to Useful Links

re: Useful Links
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Fri Jul 09, 2004 05:10 PM
I'll have to check those out tonight when I have more time. Thanks a lot.
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8600, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Fri Jul 09, 2004 07:04 PM
*jumps up and down in chair*
oh man, if only everyone could see how excited i am!
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:57 PM
just bumping this up... i really think these are useful enough to be consistently available.
By CTH3989 Comments: 26, member since Thu Jul 15, 2004
On Tue Jul 27, 2004 01:35 PM
Thanks for the links. I loved technodyke.com. Where did you find these sites?

Chelly
By Ayamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3884, member since Mon Jun 16, 2003
On Tue Jul 27, 2004 09:39 PM
Sticky, sticky!
By vandoraPremium member Comments: 907, member since Sat Jul 31, 2004
On Sat Jul 31, 2004 08:53 PM
Ohh, you got the good ones. :) There's others I like too, but I'm too lazy to go through them. However, Yahoo's Lesbians, Gays and Bisexuals catagory has been very helpful to me.
On Sat Jul 31, 2004 09:36 PM
Remembered a few...

www.nclrights.org
The National Center for Lesbian Rights is a "national legal resource center with a primary commitment to advancing the rights and safety of lesbians and their families through a program of litigation, public policy advocacy, free legal advice and counseling, and public education." They aren't entirely lesbian-centric though.

gaywebmonkey.com
GayWebMonkey describes itself as "a fun and irreverent look at what's cool and what's new on the Gay & Lesbian Internet!" I don't really spend enough time there to explain them though, so you'll have to check it out.

www.proudparenting.com
If you're interested in starting a family, or already have, Proud Parenting is a great resource. The articles are always worth a read and the community is pretty active.

(Come on, guys! This is for all of us! Add your links too!)
By vandoraPremium member Comments: 907, member since Sat Jul 31, 2004
On Sat Jul 31, 2004 09:44 PM
Edited by vandora (101603) on 2004-07-31 21:48:27
Edited by vandora (101603) on 2004-07-31 21:49:13
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Mon Sep 06, 2004 05:07 PM

ReplySendWatch