Forum: Europe / Europe - General

Ballet In Norway
By emerald_girlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 23, 2004 04:40 PM

Hey everyone! :)
I am just wondering a couple things. :) Does anyone know if the Norwegian Ballet(Ballet Norways ^o) ) has a website? Could you !please! post it?!?!?!?! :D If you live in Norway, where do you dance? Does your studio have Summer Intensives? Are there schools in Norway that you audition for? Like ones that you go to and you do your school work there too? Well thanx SO much for reading and answering some of my questions :D I really would LOVE to dance in Norway after I graduate seeing as how I have duel citizenship for their and Canada! :D (Thanx mom :P !) Have a great summer!!!!

Katrina

3 Replies to Ballet In Norway

CUBAN
By arocco1030
On Fri Aug 06, 2004 09:04 PM
HI K.
SORRY NOBODY HAS RESPONDED TO YOU.
GO TO BALLETCOMPNIESONTHEWEB.COM
HOPE THIS IS RIGHT, AND THAT I AM NOT LATE.
GOOD LUCK.
ROBERTO
re: Ballet In Norway
By Neomimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 16, 2004 07:14 AM
The website for the Norwegian National Ballet is operaen.no. It is the website for both the opera and the ballet..
I live in Norway and I dance at a dance studio in Tønsberg.. But there are schools in Norway that you can audition for but not that you do schoolwork at the same time. Most people start there when they are 18 or something and finished with school.
Here are a few adresses:
baardar.no. The website is in norwegian, but you can call them at: 0047 22 20 90 10
www.khio.no . . . is another great dance school.. But that website is also in norwegian so you can call them at 0047 22 99 55 00 or email them at khio@khio.

Just pm me if you have any questions. I would be happy to help...
re: Ballet In Norway
By dancypinkellemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 16, 2004 01:50 PM
www.baardar.no In the summer this school has a two week summer course called Dance Explosion (this year it was from august 2nd- august 14th) in Oslo. Each year they get teachers from other countries to teach. This year Alexandre Magno (he's worked with people like Madonna), Laszlo Mezaros, Max Luna III (teacher at Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre) etc teached there. This school also has an Academy which offers a 2 years long education in musical theatre, and a 3 year education in dance. There are also two other dance schools in Oslo, www.dnbh.no and there's one more, but I couldn't find a website for that school right now, but out of the ones I've mentioned, that is the harest one to get accepted to.

ReplySendWatch