Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4
re: Brought to you by DLS another FAQ: Braces
By aussiedancer89 Comments: 80, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Wed Jan 19, 2005 09:50 AM
i had my braces from either yr 6 or 7 (cant remember which) until the end of year 9. the day after i got them, i went back to school and ended up getting a ball smack bang on my mouth, pretty fast too. THAT was painful, but my ortho and dentist said if i didnt have my braces, i wouldve had my teeth knowcked out :P but anyways, i loved them when i first had them, i loved while i had them, and i miss them soooo bad now, even after just over a year. now i have to wait till im 18, cos my 18th bday present is gonna be cosmetic braces!!!!!!! *cheers*
~amz xx
By dancehunn1 Comments: 230, member since Fri Nov 14, 2003
On Wed Jan 26, 2005 06:29 PM
I have to get braces. I found out that I needed them in like...October, but i dont have them yet because,at the time, we didnt have the money. Now I have the money but mom doesnt want me to get them until like April because she thinks that I will like get hit in the mouth playing hockey and the brackets will like go through my lip or something:S
She also says that im gonna have to miss a lot of school because my dentist has to take out 3 teeth...did anyone here have a problem with anything like that??
re: Brought to you by DLS another FAQ: Braces (karma: 1)
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Wed Jan 26, 2005 06:34 PM
I had two teeth taken out, not as surgerically as my brother did, but I did have the whole laughing gas processing going and all, and the only reason I missed one day of school was because I was actually really sick that day. But your situation could be different.

I've actually smacked myself in my mouth with my tuba mouthpiece (which was attached to my tuba), I've been smacked with various instruments, arms, elbows, etc, and it does cut up the insides of my mouth a bit, but never have my brackets made bad cuts, but then again, I don't know the violence of hockey.
By DancingAngel925member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1120, member since Sun Nov 28, 2004
On Tue Feb 01, 2005 08:25 PM
great post! what's head gear for?(i might have missed it while reading)
By danceshorty Comments: 22, member since Tue Sep 28, 2004
On Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:41 PM
i am currently in my second set of braces and my teeth get really sore and i can barely even eat. if anyone else has this problem they should try eating jello. it is the best thing because it is nonfat and it fills you up. and the absolute most awesome part about it is that it doesn't hurt your teeth. so next time you go to the store you might think about picking up a couple packages. i hope this helps some of you.

em
By danceshorty Comments: 22, member since Tue Sep 28, 2004
On Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:46 PM
i forgot to add to my last comment that if you are performing alot you probably don't want to get colored braces. ask your orthodonist for silver instead of a crazy neon color and if you have to wear rubber bands get at least one package of clear ones for performing.

em
By aviv Comments: 443, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Mon Feb 07, 2005 07:08 PM
great post! my braces never hurt, there is just pressure on your teeth because they are moving and they are tender so you may not want to bite into something hard right after you get them on or tightened.
-stay away from giant toblerone bars (they were the death of my braces), and other really hard foods... i cant think of any off the top of my head, but like.. use common sense, (would you bite a jaw breaker anyway? so dont do it with braces) light colours turn grey (eg. light blue, purple green) if you do not floss, you WILL get cavities unless you are VERY lucky.
i loved my braces, i was one of the odd ones who wishes they could have them on forever.
By dancer_babe22 Comments: 98, member since Sun Jul 04, 2004
On Sun Feb 20, 2005 01:46 AM
ive had braces since friday and its been nothing but pain for the last 3 days.i went out today to a party and theyre was lyke cakes and other stuff i wasnt aloud to eat but i was really naughty and i ate some not too much and then i had to go home and brush my teeth its so annoying but its worth it!!!
By ryana99 Comments: 418, member since Sat Mar 01, 2003
On Sun Feb 20, 2005 02:33 AM
Heh - I had white bands once, I got them on in the afternoon after school and then ate some curry. They turned yellow. As has been said before, yellow is a color to avoid. I had to wait two weeks before I could get them changed :)

I liked silver and blue bands though.

I hated my headgear. It was the nastiest thing. ^^ To the above poster, my headgear was because I had an overbite (my top jaw wasn't closing on my bottom jaw properly). It was just a pink mouth shaped thing that went into the mouth (attached into the brackets on the last teeth) around the teeth attached to a circular thing that went around the front of my face joining around my head with a band.

Sound confusing? It was basically a contraption that pulled my top jaw backwards by attaching the jaw to and elasticised band that went around my head. While it did get a little saw (come on, it was pulling my jaw back!) the real nasty thing was that I sleep on my side, and the bit that came out of my mouth to attach to the band was right where I would normally lie. I couldn't do that, so I had to train myself to only have the top of my head resting on the pillow.

It was hard - I had braces and headgear for 4 and a half years! The only time that I had no braces in high school was the last three months of my senior year :)

My teeth do look much better now though - but I'm totally envious of funky munky's fabulous smile :D
By dancefreak33455member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 411, member since Sat Jan 01, 2005
On Sun Mar 06, 2005 02:45 PM
i am getting braces over the summer so thanks for that post it really helped!

~Yamashita
By Dwynwenrebel Comments: 153, member since Tue Mar 08, 2005
On Wed Mar 09, 2005 06:19 AM
I feel good about having braces now.
I thought I'd be the only one in school.
Thanks useful advice.
Rebel
By Zynthia Comments: 3335, member since Mon Jan 03, 2005
On Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:52 PM
This is great post/ I used to read tons of stuff about braces when I had them..and this is great. I think it would really help a lot of people.
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6188, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Tue Mar 15, 2005 09:18 PM
Wait, wait, question!!!

When you get the colors on your braces, aren't those actually the ligatures? I swear, that's what the ortho said when he was telling my brother about how he could change colors. Hmm.

And also, I just don't get the purpose of chains... care to enlighten me?

Marian
not a problem..
By Kim_Berly Comments: 103, member since Fri Mar 11, 2005
On Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:32 AM
Hey i have braces and even though i only have them a week :) so far they don't bother me at all and iv experienced no pain so it does depend on the person....getting them on was more uncomfortable then painfull...im glad i have them because i can't wait to see the end result :) it will be worth it...good post x
By miss_star_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 657, member since Wed Mar 31, 2004
On Tue Apr 05, 2005 09:46 AM
I've had my braces on for 13 months now and they don't bother me at all!! I've got about another 3-4 to go yet untill they can come off. The thing which i'm slightly worried about when they come off does it hurt???

Great post!!

Sarah xoxoxoxox
By DanCe_4_HiM Comments: 823, member since Sun Oct 10, 2004
On Fri Apr 08, 2005 06:27 PM
I'm getting my braces in 6 days and I am so excited!!!
My dad almost cried when he heard how much they cost. But I am so excited to have straight teeth!!!

~Amy~
By x_sweetface_x Comments: 237, member since Sun Mar 27, 2005
On Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:07 AM
I had braces for 2 years! I HATED them! But now i have really straight teeth and everyone compliments me, so im really glad i had them!

I did get teased for a while by this one boy... He would just say "Choo Choo!" all the time because they're called train tracks. He is SO immature! lol

Great Post!
Braces
By HATDancer19 Comments: 66, member since Sat Apr 30, 2005
On Sat Apr 30, 2005 01:57 PM
Thanx for the great post! I've had braces for almost two years now. At firts I admit it hurts SOOO bad for a couple of days. At first I just wanted to rip them off cause they hurt so much! But after about a month I felt completely normal in them. I was nervous about school but everyone loved them! I'm getting them off soon and it's going to be weird because I can't picture myself without them and it feels like they are just a part of your mouth. I actually LOVE braces now! I love picking out the colors and mix them up! My favorite colors are: purple, light blue, pink, black and orange. At first I felt like I was the only one with braces but now I'm getting them off and everyone is getting them on! Now I'm gonna feel like I'm the only one WITHOUT braces! Well overall I just want to say not to worry about braces because they're fun and no one really calls you 'Traintracks' anymore!

Have Fun!
luv HATDancer

xoxo
On Tue May 03, 2005 02:35 PM
Hello hello again.

I've had my braces for almost a month now and they aren't too bad. It's not cool biting into things with my front teeth, and I can't chew my fingernails anymore, but I kinda like the way I look with them!

I was only in real agony for the first 3 or 4 days, after that they were alright.

~Amy~
By mysterykid Comments: 23, member since Tue May 03, 2005
On Wed May 04, 2005 02:27 PM
hey great post, braces are worth it in the end when all of your teeth end up being nice and straight.
By HATDancer19 Comments: 66, member since Sat Apr 30, 2005
On Sat May 07, 2005 07:45 AM
Hi again,

After reading Dance_4_him's post I just wanted to say this:
I have been biting my nails for as long as I can rememeber and when I got braces I couldn't bite anymore. My mom was happy because she had wanted me to quit for a while. But after a while you find a way to bite and I started biting again. So basically you find a way to bite your nails and to eat with your front teeth too. I don't even notice I have braces anymore!

HATDance
xoxo
On Sat May 07, 2005 02:38 PM
^^ My mom's pretty happy that I stopped too! I just don't like the way it feels to bite them anymore so I don't do it. That's one way to break a bad habit I suppose!

~Amy~
By queenpisces34member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 189, member since Fri Feb 04, 2005
On Sat May 07, 2005 11:52 PM
Thanks I'm getting them and I'm really worried.
yay i just got mine off!
By DaNcEr16o9 Comments: 52, member since Sat Aug 14, 2004
On Thu May 12, 2005 03:47 PM
yay i just got mine off!
By lets_get_dancing Comments: 303, member since Sat Jan 29, 2005
On Sat May 21, 2005 02:24 PM
I have had braces and they might
be a pain while you have them, but
when you get them off....its all
worth it! :)
Page: