Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

Page:
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4
re: Brought to you by DLS another FAQ: Braces
By iluvdancin247 Comments: 30, member since Fri May 20, 2005
On Mon May 23, 2005 03:48 PM
I have silver rubberbands and I love them. It takes attention away from the braces. Just in case anyone would like to know...
By sugarandspice Comments: 563, member since Wed May 04, 2005
On Tue May 24, 2005 02:47 AM
Wow! This post is soo useful! I'm getting braces in a couple of weeks and I really had no idea what to expect and I kept thinking if it was a good idea getting them or not, this thread is SO good! Thanks!!
By lissai Comments: 508, member since Thu May 05, 2005
On Tue May 24, 2005 07:40 PM
Ugh. I had a 'palatal expander' to expand my upper jaw. It hurt for a good three weeks, but it was all good when the gap between my teeth went away. I was ecstatic when I got mine - it had gotten to the point where I didn't want to smile anymore. Ah, the wonders of the media. I felt like.. poo.

But now, my teeth are wonderfully straight. I just wish I'd had straight teeth in the FIRST place..
By memoires Comments: 25, member since Tue May 17, 2005
On Thu May 26, 2005 09:06 AM
This post helped out a lot of people.
By emilyjane Comments: 338, member since Sun Jan 16, 2005
On Sun Jun 05, 2005 06:32 AM
Wow! Great post! I've had my braces off for almost 2 months now and I remember hating them, adapting to them and not wanting them off! Yes that is strange but I looked so weird without them I wanted them back on!

Great job on the post.

Em
By soulfiremember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 870, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:14 AM
I just want to say thanks for that. i got braces a couple weeks ago and they finally stopped hurting. before i had them my two front teeth looked huge because my pegs were tiny and now with the braces the wires seeem to even it out and im not afraid to smile! yay!
By dancnpantzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1149, member since Wed Jun 09, 2004
On Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:02 AM
Thank you so much! I am getting braces in a month so I am very worried, but this made me feel better!
By Prima_ballerina5member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1078, member since Fri May 27, 2005
On Sat Jul 16, 2005 01:37 AM
Thanks. This was really helpful for me as I am getting braces soon. Karma for you.
By BadaylaPremium member Comments: 1529, member since Tue Jun 21, 2005
On Tue Jul 19, 2005 04:44 PM
Great post! It tells you everything the way it is! I was especially surprised at the polll results though.

Keep up the excellent work!

DancingQueen_17K
By ebrumalkocmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 302, member since Fri Feb 06, 2004
On Thu Jul 28, 2005 06:05 AM
Thanx for the great post!
By bubbles23 Comments: 815, member since Sun Jul 17, 2005
On Fri Jul 29, 2005 07:56 PM
my little sister got braces yesterday. she was miserable.
By catytheballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 651, member since Mon Sep 06, 2004
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 06:57 PM
Wow that is really informative! thanks for sharing
By vikki_2005 Comments: 105, member since Fri Aug 26, 2005
On Mon Sep 05, 2005 01:53 PM
this is really goood information ..... well done!!
By jimmysonfire Comments: 8, member since Sun Aug 28, 2005
On Thu Sep 08, 2005 07:05 PM
ive never had braces never needed them. good info though cheers
much appreciation
By etceteramember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 108, member since Mon Mar 28, 2005
On Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:12 AM
I'm almost nineteen now, and I've had braces of some description for the last four years. Yes, I had terrible teeth, hehe!
I'm finally getting them off in six weeks time....and people have actually told me I should keep them. Apparently they make me look cute in a 'nu-age dorky' way, lol.

But anyway, sometimes they hurt like hell, if you're like me and left with them years after all your friends you sometimes feel self-conscious, it's a pain in the butt going to the dentist so much (my dentist is a sadist, lol)....but in six weeks I'm going to have perfect straight teeth!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
By Dancing_Queen_03 Comments: 45, member since Thu Oct 27, 2005
On Fri Oct 28, 2005 07:36 PM
Thanx so much for this article. i've had braces for just over a year now with about 10 months left *sigh*. A piece of advice-where your elastics or the orthodontists might threaten you with headgear!
By codeimagine Comments: 66, member since Fri Nov 18, 2005
On Sat Nov 19, 2005 07:18 PM
I had them on for a year, I hated them and had to go to the dentist every 3 months which I really hated that. I have problems keeping up with my teeth but thats not the point. Once you get them off, you will be glad and so happy that they are off even though you have to wear retainers.

Oh yeah, even if other people are wearing them eat carmel and gum...recommend that your risking of it becoming loose or one of those things that are glues to your teeth will fall off. I also say that don't ever eat cold M&Ms cause I was eating them with ice cream and it broke off one of the brackets or whatever they are called.
By dancingbeth Comments: 2252, member since Sat Jul 09, 2005
On Thu Dec 01, 2005 09:18 AM
I got mine on a few weeks ago. i didn't like them too much at first cause they caught on my lip and the wires looked all wonky. But now the wires have straightened up a bit more though. I forgot to ask for pink rings, so I just got the plain silver ones. Oh well, I get them changed in 2 weeks :D

Beth :D
By Brazil Comments: 230, member since Thu Dec 08, 2005
On Wed Dec 14, 2005 01:21 PM
Braces are a real pain at first, but then you get used to them and they arent that bad. The worst part for me having spacer rings before the braces went on.
By dalton_dude Comments: 39, member since Fri Jun 22, 2007
On Sun Jun 24, 2007 09:45 AM
Too bad I didn't have this when I had braces. But one thing, remember, it doesn't hurt when you get them on and off.
When you get them on, all they do is put some glue thing on your teeth and stick the brackets on.
When you get them off, for me they used a spinner thing. They almost like, use a mini polisher to get the glue off. It tickles so much it almost hurts. =O
WARNING: you may taste some old, dried up tooth glue. :?
dalton
By pineappleblue Comments: 24, member since Tue Jan 01, 2008
On Tue Jan 01, 2008 04:54 PM
this is a great thread!! I just wish id read it when I had braces.
I had them for 15 months, and sometimes I hated them, but it was well worth it!
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5653, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Tue Jan 08, 2008 03:11 PM
I got my braces fitted today! They hurt like mad! LOL.

At the moment they are black and dark blue. :]

Claire.
By abcdancer626 Comments: 105, member since Sun Jan 20, 2008
On Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:44 AM
omg! i totally agree about the herbst!!! my orthodintist couldnt get mine to stay on so it was always cutting my mouth, but since im always at dance, i dont have time for headgear!! lol so i probably have to have surgery (not so much lol-ing anymore) :(
By elphaba_dances Comments: 101, member since Sat Apr 14, 2007
On Fri Jan 25, 2008 04:53 PM
Yes, they hurt. But personally, I think the worst part is when they take them off. I've had mine for a year and a half and my orthodontist told me they were supposed to come off by the first of this year, but he keeps messing up on my teeth, so they're not actually off yet. They had to reposition a bracket once, and it was extremely uncomfortable. They just pop it off, which doesn't hurt, but then they use this spinny drilly thing to get the glue off. It feels like they're going to drill through your tooth and smells awful. While they're taking them off, just concentrate on how great your teeth are going to look when they're done- and how close you are to getting them off! ~megan~
By Dancing_Girl96member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 153, member since Sun Mar 09, 2008
On Fri Mar 21, 2008 03:30 AM
Thanks! Im getting braces in two weeks. I hope it doesn't hurt TOO much :/
Page:
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch