Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: Brought to you by DLS another FAQ: Braces
By samba_star_sarah Comments: 30, member since Thu Nov 01, 2007
On Sat May 03, 2008 04:01 AM
I don't know what to do :( I am meant to be having braces on but i can't bring myself to book the appointment to have my teeth out. I'm worried about how I will look with dancing and everything. What would you do?

It doesn't help that my friend had them and was moaning about how much they hurted for like a year and a half.
By FCB2010member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 157, member since Tue Feb 12, 2008
On Thu Aug 14, 2008 08:47 PM
I got them twice =[ but Im getting them off for the second time on September 16th woot!! =]
By diva99member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 668, member since Tue Jan 27, 2004
On Mon Sep 15, 2008 01:08 AM
Hi! I just havve a question... What are the retainers for?
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 06:05 PM
I just got braces today and this was really helpful! Thanks so much!
By ballet_rox_sox Comments: 428, member since Sun Jan 20, 2008
On Sat Nov 01, 2008 04:22 PM
Thanks! I'm probably getting braces but my first appointment is ages away!
By scottdancer94member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 622, member since Fri Jun 29, 2007
On Sat Jan 17, 2009 09:50 AM
I get mine on the 26th this month! *jumps around giggling* I have to be about the only person excited for braces. My friends told me horror stories about the molding, but it wasn't as bad as they said. So I am thinking braces aren't as bad as they put it. Note to anyone getting their molding done, don't trust your mean friends when they say you will be gagging so bad that you will throw up! I thought the worse part was the x-rays.
By ilovedance21 Comments: 39, member since Sat Jan 24, 2009
On Mon Feb 02, 2009 06:31 PM
I just got my braces off, and let me tell you, it feels great! When I had braces on, I drank milk its cold and it feels good!
ilovedance21
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5653, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Fri Mar 13, 2009 03:32 AM
I seriously can't believe I've had my braces on for over a year. Its just flown by! My teeth look so much straighter. I think I have a while to go yet, but its so going to be worth it. I currently have the elastic bands (well one...) and my braces are black and purple at the moment. They look pretty awesome. :P

Claire.
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5653, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 AM
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2009-12-17 10:18:41
I'm just going to add my experience with braces here:

When I first get my braces, will it hurt?
I have a pretty high pain tolerence and have to say at times my teeth hurt so much especially when I first got them and after most of the times they were tightened or I'd had brackets re-positioned. But this was nothing a bit of cocodamol wouldn't fix.

What with members of the opposite sex think about me?
By the time I got my braces most people in my school had already had their's taken off! No one was ever negative about my braces. Alot of my friends actually commented on the improvements it had made to my teeth and how straight they were and how awesome it would look once they were off which was quite nice. :)

When I get colours put on my brackets, what colours should I wear?
I'm big into Metal music so I always had black and another colour which looked pretty cool. Black doesn't fade as much as other colours I had so it always stayed nice. Colours I teamed with black were: Dark blue, purple, light blue, neon green, neon pink. The neon colours looked fab to start with but they faded VERY quickly whereas the darker colours seemed to last longer. Of course they faded a little, but not as much as the neon colours.

---

The best advice to do is to follow what your Orthodontist says. If you think there's a problem then contact them and explain your concerns. The first day I got mine one of the brackets pinged off on the bus on the way home! Another time the wire came out. Its always better to be safe than sorry and it does show that you're looking out for your teeth and taking care of your braces.

If you look after them then you'll be fine. :)

I just got my retainers today and plan to follow the advice. I have to wear them 24hrs for the first 2 weeks and then nightly after that. Retainers stop your teeth from moving back to how they were before you got the braces. This is because apparently teeth keep moving all your life. I love how my teeth look and seriously it is worth it! Looking back at the orginal photos of my teeth compared to now is crazy. The difference the braces have made is amazing.

Claire.
By season Comments: 68, member since Wed Dec 16, 2009
On Fri Dec 18, 2009 06:18 AM
Awesome Guide. Thanks for this!

Haha my teeth were sooooo messed up before having braces! They look so much better now!!
By Liv56 Comments: 51, member since Thu Jan 13, 2005
On Thu Feb 11, 2010 06:14 AM
hey great post, braces are worth it in the end when all of your teeth end up being nice and straight.
By RibenaRockstar Comments: 426, member since Tue Mar 09, 2010
On Sat Mar 13, 2010 01:56 PM
Just thought I'd point out: wax can be great when you're performing; stick a strip over the front centre bit of the top row of teeth's brace. This will stop the metal reflecting the light hugely and attracting attention :)
By dancing_rokker Comments: 20, member since Wed Apr 07, 2010
On Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:34 AM
I have had my braces for almost two years and they suck. I bet if I had read this FAQ before I had gotten them, it would have been easier.
My friend had hers for three years and only just got them off the other day.
One of my other friends is just getting hers on.
By turnmyswagon Comments: 20, member since Sat May 01, 2010
On Sun May 02, 2010 06:36 PM
I had braces in 6th grade (phase I), and then again when I was 15. I got them off right after I turned 17. I'm so glad I did. My smile is perfect now, especially compared to the trainwreck of a smile I had before. I had an overbite, crowding, you name it. Get the braces over and done with. It's always worth it. I ate everything I wasn't supposed to when I had them on. I doubled up on the rubber bands and wore them more often then I was supposed to, and got my braces off a year sooner than expected because of it. But once you get your braces off, WEAR YOUR RETAINERS or your teeth will shift back.
By Allycat17 Comments: 120, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Fri Apr 22, 2011 02:54 PM
Great post can't wait to get mine off!
By Allycat17 Comments: 120, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Fri Apr 22, 2011 02:55 PM
Great post can't wait to get mine off!
By lovedanse Comments: 51, member since Thu Jun 09, 2011
On Wed Jul 20, 2011 07:11 PM
I laugh at people when I ask them how long they had braces and they say two years. I've had mine for 4.5 years and counting, that's how bad my teeth were. Luckily I'm almost done.
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch