Forum: General / Reviews

Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3
Thoughts on Center Stage.
By RichardBalletgrlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 08, 2004 01:25 AM

I really like the movie "Center Stage" did use like it? I was just curious on how use felt about this movie. It was great to me. Thanks for stating your opinions. I luv dancing ballet! :)

55 Replies to Thoughts on Center Stage.

re: Thoughts on Center Stage.
By star_dancer15z
On Mon Aug 09, 2004 09:11 PM
lol..I thought the movie was OK..very cheesy..and I didnt like the whole this is what its like in real dancers lives thing..its REALLY NOT like that..and that makes me mad because when non-dancers see it..they think thats REALLY what goes on, ya know? And that annoys me. A lot! lol..but it was cute..the dancing and plot were pretty good..cheesy but good. ;)

~star_dancer15z
By jb_dancer_chicamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 10, 2004 08:50 PM
I love it. I thinks its best out of any other dance movies out there.. Honey, Just got Served, The company...
By LimE_GurL
On Thu Aug 12, 2004 06:13 AM
Center stage rocks man!! the dancing n evrything is damn cool. Love it!!
By Jaded_Angelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 13, 2004 09:11 AM
I love the movie, I rented it so many times then I saved up to buy the dvd. Now I have watched it countless times. Yes there is a cheesy side to it but it's a good movie. I love the DVD cos you see deleted scenes, extended dance sequences and you get the directors commentry. You learn so much from that. Personally it is one of my favourite movies.

~*~C~*~
:]
By chelliewhikmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 14, 2004 09:02 AM
twas a wonderful movie! wish i could do fouettes like jodi did
By LisaDaNcErmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 15, 2004 09:22 AM
Hi!
I really liked Center Stage!! Fab movie and I wish I could dance like them ;)
xxxxx
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:24 PM
excellent movie, excellent plot, terrible acting. but, they also werent actors, they were just dancers. very cheesy, but i learned how to do fouettes and a la secondes by watching that movie over and over. :D
By Yoli
On Wed Aug 18, 2004 01:01 PM
Oh I love that movie, I have it on DVD. It's the best.
By DancingFool5678
On Thu Aug 19, 2004 09:20 AM
I love Center Stage! I wish I had it on DVD but I can't seem to find it anywhere around here! -DancingFool5678
By bedaZzlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 27, 2004 02:00 PM
Yeah the acting was pretty terrible, lol. And as the others said it was pretty cheesy and unrealistic. I did enjoy watching it though. "Cooper's Ballet" is captivating in terms of the movie, but like it could really happen like that right? I actually like Jonathan's ballet better. I did have a crush on Charlie when the movie first came out though I will admit. ;)
~Stacey
By TapperGirl
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 04:28 PM
I love Center Stage! When it first came out I got it for Xmas and I watched it nonstop for about a month! The dancing is so cool, they should make an actual show out of Cooper's Workshop Dance.
I suppose it is a little bit corny... but who cares!
By luvis2dance
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 07:50 PM
I absolutely love that movie! It's one of my favorites! When it first came out, I went out and got the soundtract after seeing it. :) Sure, there were some parts of the movie that I didn't think were well acted, but that's okay...I still loved it.
By lildancerbabemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Sep 14, 2004 01:54 PM
Its one of my favorite movies! I always make my non dancing friends watch it with me heehee!
Thoughts on Center Stage.
By TEAM_MOMmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 23, 2004 07:30 AM
I think Cente Stage brought a lot of attention to the dance world. While it is a lot of Hollywood hype, it did inspire a lot of young people to enter the field of dance art.

Believe it or not, my favorite part of the movie is when lady ballet instructor came upon the one young Africa American girl dancing alone. She talked about letting go of her center. It seemed more down to earth.
centre stage
By emii
On Mon Oct 18, 2004 03:57 AM
its my favourite movie. it shows what dance is all about. i think i have watched it more then 30-40 times its a movie that never bores me. but my other friends rather a movie like honey!

centre stage rocks....... :]
re: Thoughts on Center Stage. (karma: 1)
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 18, 2004 04:01 AM
The acting is downright painful, but it's such a...I don't know, happy movie that you can't help but like it.
By blonde_brunette
On Mon Oct 18, 2004 04:18 AM
I HATE IT!!!! but it is funny.....it's not supposed to be, though....
By TheAbbyTwirlsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Oct 26, 2004 08:23 PM
Is ballet really that interesting. I really liked the moving, and I thought the dancing was awesome...but I like Chicago way better!

--Abby
By Ballerina_Jess
On Sun Oct 31, 2004 06:50 PM
hehe i'm willing to admit i had a crush on Charlie too! - hmmm still have. anyway, it's good because you dont have to think about it and it's really easy to watch. It is definately one of my favourite movies because of the way it blasts the stereotypes, it has definately helped ballet move into the 21st century in the minds of non-dancers.
By DancerBaby69
On Sun Oct 31, 2004 09:08 PM
haha i loved it -- i've seen it wayy too many times to even count... at a dance camp a long time ago we wouldn't stop until we memorized every dance combo in the whole movie -- it was fun :)
By Little_MissJmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:03 AM
Heya

I love Center stage :D
It was on Sky Movies quite
a while ago and i watched it
a couple of times :D

lv Jodie x x x
By xtheironmaidenxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:21 PM
Hiya!
its the best!
my fave dance movie!
i think the actors did well as some werent full time actors but professional dancers! and the actors who dont dance did well 2!
Love

XxX Sarah XxX
By IsntLifeJuicymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 24, 2004 03:58 PM
Wow, I've never heard of it before. But now that you mentioned it, I might go rent it! Thanks.
By abbymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 01, 2004 01:30 PM
Edited by dizzydancer218 (43143) on 2004-12-01 13:24:38 bloody keyboard...
Edited by dizzydancer218 (43143) on 2004-12-01 13:25:13 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its my second favourite dancing movie next to CHICAGO!!! ~*abby*~
Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch