Forum: Ballet / Ballet - General

Page:
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4
re: Ballet FAQ - All Your Questions (Hopefully) Answered
By mysterykid Comments: 23, member since Tue May 03, 2005
On Tue May 03, 2005 02:22 PM
Thank you for posting this, now there should be more space for normal posts.
By balletbeautiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 176, member since Wed Nov 03, 2004
On Sat Jun 04, 2005 03:03 PM
That was an awesome post!! Thanks sooo much!
~BB
By Prima_ballerina5member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1078, member since Fri May 27, 2005
On Sat Jun 04, 2005 07:42 PM
It was a great idea!! I'm glad you did it. The sites are worth looking at too. :D
By waltzgurl2b Comments: 25, member since Fri Mar 25, 2005
On Sun Jun 05, 2005 09:29 AM
wow this must have taken forever!!! but its soo helpful thanks!!
By DancerDezeemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 141, member since Sat May 28, 2005
On Mon Jun 06, 2005 09:20 PM
A very smart idea and a helpful post all at once. I hope it works!
By imaspecialone127 Comments: 75, member since Sun Jan 02, 2005
On Wed Jun 15, 2005 07:13 AM
awesome post! It was very helpful =)

love always,
Caitlin
By BadaylaPremium member Comments: 1529, member since Tue Jun 21, 2005
On Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:17 PM
hey thanks it helps because i know a one stop shot for great links!
By singin47 Comments: 71, member since Sun Jul 10, 2005
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 03:14 PM
i like the mega improvement one!
By dancebk Comments: 89, member since Thu Sep 09, 2004
On Fri Jul 15, 2005 02:54 PM
two words: LOVE IT! KARMA FOR THE POST
By dancytoes Comments: 554, member since Sat Aug 14, 2004
On Fri Jul 15, 2005 06:59 PM
Thanks Alot!
Abbie
By fili_ballerina29 Comments: 50, member since Sat Jan 15, 2005
On Mon Jul 18, 2005 08:16 PM
Great Post gurl U got props!!!!!!
By bcballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 809, member since Tue Jul 12, 2005
On Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:31 PM
After looking at those posts, I'd just like to say, OH, so that's what I've been doing wrong. Thanks for the great help!
By Ammie Comments: 20, member since Tue Jul 26, 2005
On Wed Jul 27, 2005 09:26 AM
Great idea! That makes it a lot easier for finding things quicker, thank you!
wow
By balletgirl8991 Comments: 21, member since Sun May 22, 2005
On Sat Jul 30, 2005 02:42 AM
i hope this works good idea
By serendipitous258member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 43, member since Fri Jul 29, 2005
On Tue Aug 02, 2005 09:05 PM
wow..thanks! i'm new to dance, but i'm slowly... very slowly... =] ... improving! but these tips helped a lot!!!! =]
HELPPP!!!!
By actress4life Comments: 3, member since Mon Apr 19, 2004
On Thu Aug 04, 2005 04:14 PM
What is dancing without music called? I'm positive it's not called a cappella because that is singing without music, not dancing. Please reply, I need to know ASAp, it's a school assignment.
Hello all Ballet Dancers
By dtrcbc_danceraid Comments: 1, member since Tue Sep 13, 2005
On Tue Sep 13, 2005 05:58 PM
Hello,

I am the administrator for the Dancer Transition Resource Center British Columbia Office.

I am hoping that you can assist me by educating me about how best to approach dancers in this field of study and expertise and encourage them to become members of the Dancer Transition Resource Center?

After you read a wee bit of information, could you let me know what you think about this opportunity and how best to reach out to your community? Thanks a lot in advance, I am very open to learning the language of your dance, and hoping I can assist you in return somehow, Cheers:

WHO WE ARE

Our mandate is to help dancers make necessary transitions into, within and from professional performing careers. Our goal is to provide services which holistically address the many transitions in a dancer’s life. We also operate as a resource centre for the dance community and the general public by providing seminars, educational materials and information, as well as supporting activities that enhance the socio-economic conditions of artists.

HOW WE STARTED

The Dancer Transition Resource Centre was founded in 1985 as a result of a year-long research project initiated by Joysanne Sidimus, former Principal Dancer of the National Ballet of Canada, and the Centre’s Executive Director since its inception. Karen Kain was our founding President and remained for twelve years. She continues to be active with the centre in her current role as Chair of the Advisory Board. Initially we received government and private support, which has continued in various forms to this day.

GOVERNANCE

We operate with three boards – a Board of Directors; an Artistic Advisory Committee, which is composed of most of the artistic directors in the country; and an Advisory Council which advises us on political and financial policy.

HOW WE OPERATE

We operate on a membership system available only to full-time professional dancers. There are three types of membership offered: company dancer, independent dancer, and artistic dance staff. There is also one type of honorary membership for DTRC alumni.

WHAT WE DO

We are basically a granting, counseling and resources agency. There are five types of counseling available – personal, career, legal, academic and financial. Grants are available for skills courses, retraining, and subsistence. Specific eligibility criteria must be met in order to access these grants.

SOME FACTS AFTER TWENTY YEARS

- We have helped over 10,000 dancers.
- We have given $3 million in grants and services to our members in that time.
- Government funding accounts for (on average) 60%.
- Private source funding - Individuals: Foundations: Corporations: Special Events (20 in fifteen years) accounts for (on average) 40%.
- We have helped create the International Organization for the Transition of Professional Dancers. Garry Neil, the DTRC Board Chair, and Joysanne Sidimus, serve on the Executive.
- We conceived the idea and initiated the Artists’ Health Centre, a comprehensive medical/alternative/research facility at Toronto Western Hospital, opened in the Spring of 2002.

If you are interested or have any info to share with me, please reply by PM or you may email my listed email address.

Thank you
By FearyBalletmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 169, member since Sun Sep 04, 2005
On Wed Sep 14, 2005 07:11 PM
tyvm for all the good link !!! im a beginer so im always happy to find tips :)
By yadriannemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1390, member since Fri Mar 07, 2003
On Sun Sep 18, 2005 02:21 PM
great idea... now I will find what I need withouth scrolling down all the stickies or posts...

By PrincessPaige Comments: 57, member since Mon Nov 14, 2005
On Mon Nov 14, 2005 07:16 PM
thanks for taking the time to do this.
xo
Princess Paige :-*
By KatieJayne826 Comments: 24, member since Tue Jun 21, 2005
On Sat Nov 19, 2005 05:59 PM
Good job! Now people can actually post something!
Katlin
By bruserbabe Comments: 124, member since Fri Sep 09, 2005
On Sun Nov 20, 2005 05:52 PM
Excellent sticky! I've been spending lots of time at the pointe boards since I'm so excited that sometime this year I'm going en pointe (!!!) but I've decided to branch out since I do take ballet and love it. Karma for you!
By dancinjesswessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 281, member since Thu May 05, 2005
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 05:37 AM
Hallelujah save Theresa! Thanks so much for posting this!
Jess
xxxx
re: Ballet General FAQ - Read This Before Posting!
By pretty_dancer Comments: 336, member since Mon Jun 27, 2005
On Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:26 AM
this is great! it's so much more organised and allows a lot more room on the boards for posts :)

thank you!

hugs
re: Ballet General FAQ - Read This Before Posting!
By BrookeAliceon Comments: 36, member since Fri Sep 16, 2005
On Thu Dec 08, 2005 03:11 AM
Thank you SO much for all of the information. It truly is so helpful. It's so nice to just open up one post, and literally have everything you need to know :)
Page:
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch