Forum: Folk / African Dance

My Kind of dance
By randicee
On Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:35 PM

I don't understand why this particular pages barely has daily new topics. African Dance is one of the most exciting dances out there. I mean you would have to see it to believe it. I did some african dancing for about 10 years and beside it my culture. If any african dance teachers have any comment on me teaching african dance to children or shall I say ideas for teaching routines so on and so forth let me know

5 Replies to My Kind of dance

My Kind Of Dance, Too
By aleecita
On Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:01 PM
African dance is a folk style of dance. It is the visualization of music through movement and most African dance celebrates nature and many of the movements have animal counterparts. Teaching african dance to children is best understood if correlated to animal fun. Try it and enjoy.
re: My Kind of dance
By khriper
On Fri Aug 27, 2004 05:53 PM
I would like to start an african dance class, but I was late for registration at our local college and now I have to wait until January(next session). Can you recommend any instructional tapes or provide me with any links to informative websites?
Thanks!
Daily Topics
By Nubian716
On Sat Oct 09, 2004 09:20 PM
Maybe not alot of people who take African Dance are aware of this site. I think it would have more action, if others who take the classes know. It's a well like class and I see several groups in my part of the US.
By blackdancer99
On Sun Oct 10, 2004 01:04 PM
do you still take dance?
By jstoddard98
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 03:08 PM
When I took African Dance, one of our projects was to choose and african folklore story and then choreograph a routine utilizing the different moves we had learned in class. This was a fun way for us to not only learn to be creative with our bodies, but to explore african dance.

ReplySendWatch