Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

hard step we learnt in tap today..
By dixietessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 25, 2004 05:19 AM

i spose its not that hard once you get the hang of it but at first i was like...wat the?!.. anyway it goes like this:

standing on your Right foot, do a one footed wing but as you come down do a knock on your right foot, then a toe heel on your right foot. with your left foot in the air the whole time. you need a really big plie for this and in my case lots of arm swing.. haha, but thats cheating

anyway give it a go and please let me know how you go, also try it on the left leg. i was wearing my soft shoes in tap today so i was finding it quite difficult as u can't toestand in them. ill try later with my harder ones on.

5 Replies to hard step we learnt in tap today..

re: hard step we learnt in tap today..
On Sun Aug 29, 2004 02:14 AM
did anyone out there try it at all?! :(
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Aug 30, 2004 05:58 PM
Heh, I tried, but I'm not exactly sure what you're saying to do... :?
On Tue Aug 31, 2004 05:24 AM
lol im not a very good explainer, basically.. on your right foot (or left i spose) you do the scrape out part of the wing, the scrape in part of the wing, a knock (toe beat), then a toe heel (the ball of the foot into the floor followed by the heel).. all of that on one foot in one movement
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:38 AM
Heh, I'll have to break out the shoes and try that tomorrow. I'm always on the lookout since I have no tap class for at least a semester again. Thanks for sharing. :)
hard dance step
By ccdanceteacher
On Fri Sep 03, 2004 09:30 AM
I would have tried it but I couldn't exactly figure out what you were describing lol....
sorry
Desiree'

ReplySendWatch