Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Members

Page:
Page 1 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

Ballet Photos - Members
Flooding the boards (karma: 9)
By ballet_lover15member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1696, member since Sun Jun 13, 2004
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 04:44 PM
Edited by ballet_lover15 (96421) on 2004-08-28 16:48:59
Made sticky by MIClogger (28613) on 2004-08-30 17:11:59
Edited by linh (3) on 2004-09-04 03:00:41 fixed misspelling of flooding in title

Lately, a lot of people are posting series, or just more pictures at one time. I'm getting quite annoyed (sp) with this. Lately, I wasn't looking at dance.net for three days. And when I came back, the pictures I saw the last time were on page 3 and 4! That's why I would suchest:

-one picture per day max.
-wait to post a picture till your older picture is off the front page.

I hope everyone agree with this and that a picture stays longer on the front page than just one day.

Love, ballet_lover

125 Replies to Flooding the boards

re: Floading the boards
By macthekittymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1635, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 04:48 PM
I totally agree with you! I understand a lot of people have many photos they want to share, but PLEASE try and wait until your photo that is already posted goes to the next page...to give others a chance to let their pictures be seen.
It's much more fun looking at all DIFFERENT members, rather than the same few people over and over!

Thanks for posting.
By Pointedancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4291, member since Tue Apr 02, 2002
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 04:55 PM
Thank you! I have been SO tempted lately to post something like this but I am too afraid of sounding mean. Anyhow yes everybody gets excited when they have taken plenty of new pictures and wants to post them but please post I would say two at maximum in close proximity. Also more people will look at your pictures if they are the only one. Just yesterday I went onto page ten and there were photos that I hadnt ever seen before (and I am a VERY frequent visiter to this board so that says something! ;)) So please just keep it down, now this is NOT to say that if say I go and reply to all of one persons photos in a row and they all end up on the first page its there fault or they are flooding. This is just regarding posting. :)
Pointedancer
By BalletSerenademember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1198, member since Mon Jul 07, 2003
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 05:48 PM
I agree with you... but is it ok to post maybe TWO pictures at a time and then wait for them to leave the front page?

I usually post one.. but sometimes two at a time.. is that alright? I think that it is.. just as long as nobody goes beyond that. My opinion.. :)

~Kelly
By star_dancer15z Comments: 1656, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 06:43 PM
I TOTALLY agree with you! Its so annoying too! Actually I wait longer than one day to post another picture, but thats just me. I probably won't post another for a few more weeks. To give other people opportunities, you know? Thanks for posting this! :)

~star_dancer15z
By jazzy_babe08member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 583, member since Mon Jun 16, 2003
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 07:03 PM
I'm so sorry huns :( I'll stop!! I didn't know if I was flooding or not and I didn't know if series counted or what I'm so sorry...and I don't know how to put a lot of pics in one post :( not that talented I guess...lol
By Sylphiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1790, member since Sun Feb 09, 2003
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 09:28 PM
I must admit I sound like a culprit of this...but I always try to wait at least until I have no pics on the front page. It's just that often when I do this, all of a sudden people reply to my old pictures as well and it looks like I'm flooding :(. Also, I have a feeling that this might be happening because soon everyone is going to have to go back to school, and they know they won't have time to post pictures because they'll be busy.
By Staceymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4618, member since Tue Jun 04, 2002
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 09:31 PM
I really thought we learnt how to hotlink for a reason...
By PointeGirl2462member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 928, member since Tue May 04, 2004
On Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:10 PM
I would suggest posting a few pictures of a series in one post. So if you have ten pics to show. Post like three at a time in ONE post. and on the label title "more pics inside"
just my 2 cents.
PointeGirl2462
By NSBPointeDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2991, member since Fri Nov 01, 2002
On Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:45 AM
yes, i agree with the above poster.
By ballet_lover15member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1696, member since Sun Jun 13, 2004
On Sun Aug 29, 2004 06:40 AM
Ofcourse it's alright if you just had a photoshoot and that you post two pics because you're very exiting. And I think that Sylphie is right; we have to go to school and people are posting pics less often. I don't know why, but if I see a pic labelled: more pics inside, I always go there in the first place! But some people don't know how to do that (I don't...) and for those I would suggest it. I had this thing in mind for quite a long time, but when I saw Rubberband posting it on the misc-board, I thought: why not post it here... Thanks for the good respons!
By Rubberbandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4505, member since Fri Dec 05, 2003
On Sun Aug 29, 2004 09:44 AM
Just a little reminder stretching pics go in the stretching photos members board, portraits and other non ballet pics go in the photos members forum. ballet members pictures belong on this board.
By Sylphiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1790, member since Sun Feb 09, 2003
On Sun Aug 29, 2004 09:54 AM
Good point, Rubberband, photos of splits, bridges, backcatches, etc don't really belong on this board, and the portrait-type pics would be fine in the plain old "member photos" forum.
By devilzsoupmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2909, member since Thu Oct 24, 2002
On Sun Aug 29, 2004 01:51 PM
I agree - if you have a lot of pictures to post put it all inside one post. you can do that easily by signing up to an online image-hoster (like Photobucket), uploading your photos and copying the 'img' tag. :)
By Frappeccinomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 710, member since Thu Jun 26, 2003
On Mon Aug 30, 2004 05:10 PM
could someone make this a sticky? i think this is something we all need reminding of!
By I_luv_2_dance007 Comments: 1192, member since Fri Jun 20, 2003
On Mon Aug 30, 2004 07:13 PM
I agree, I love looking at everyones photos but it becomes to much sometimes! I do like peoples suggestions about putting more than one picture in a post, espically if you are doing a series!

*Jessica*
By PinkPearlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2044, member since Sun Aug 17, 2003
On Mon Aug 30, 2004 07:18 PM
I agree with you. Thanks for bringing that up!
By lindseydancesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 46, member since Tue Aug 17, 2004
On Mon Aug 30, 2004 07:30 PM
i would have to agree with you on that one for sure! Its so frustrating and overwhelming when you sign on and there is like 3 poages of new pictures to see! And the worst part is if people post too many i don't get to look at them all because I just get overwhelmed and stop looking before i get through them all! I want to see ALL the pictures there are out there so please don't make it hard!

lotsa dance love!
lindseydances
By Gemwee Comments: 768, member since Sun Apr 04, 2004
On Mon Aug 30, 2004 09:23 PM
I totally AGREE!
By lindseydancesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 46, member since Tue Aug 17, 2004
On Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:51 PM
haha I'm replying to my own post :P anyway, I just forgot to mention that if you have lots of pictures that you want to share put them all in one post and it works a lot better :D
By pointedkwestyun Comments: 89, member since Sat Jan 10, 2004
On Tue Aug 31, 2004 06:36 AM
What's a fload?
On Tue Aug 31, 2004 06:46 AM
pointedkwestyun: if your're floading the board, you're posting so many pictures or posts so there is no room for other peoples posts.
By FlexisKeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1846, member since Sun May 02, 2004
On Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:19 PM
i'm not sure if he was joking or not.. but its spelled flood. flooding the boards. ;) definately a topic worth bringing up. congrats on being the first sticky. :D
By dance_queen001member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 910, member since Sun Jan 11, 2004
On Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:59 PM
Yes! Thank you...i know i fallow those rules without them having to be told to me...it's just common sense!
***steph***
By spun001 Comments: 62, member since Tue Dec 10, 2002
On Fri Sep 03, 2004 05:43 AM
I don't agree! I don't think its that bad to be honest. I think if u took away the ppl that contributed the most pics there wouldn't be enough pics. Like when u look at forums for the other styles their pics stay the same for ages. Just my opinion....
Page:
Page 1 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch