Forum: General

Page:
Page 13 of 13: 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13
re: Please tell a little about yourself teachers....
By expressionsuk
On Thu Apr 18, 2013 03:25 PM
I am 22 and have been dancing since i was 11. I began with disco freestyle, ballroom and latin, then began cheerleading.
It wasnt until i was 17 that i began classes in ballet and tap, and 18 when i started modern.
I became a teaching assistant at my dance school when i was 15 and somehow ended up with my own classes when i was 17.
I attended a full time dance college where i took my advanced levels and teaching certificates.
I am now qualified with the IDTA for ballet and BCA for cheerleading and working towards my modern with ISTD.
I run my own dance classes in ballet and cheerleading at local community centres, as well as teaching ballet, modern and cheer at a large dance studio around 30 minutes away from me.
By DocsDanceCompany
On Sun Jun 23, 2013 04:04 PM
well...
I started dancing at 2years old, the first classes I took were ballet, tap & jazz. Then at age 3 I also began acro and started to dance competitively. aged 3-5 my main dance styles at competitions were jazz & acro. I then began performing lyrical at age 6. Hip-hop classes started at aged 7 & I was at the same studio until aged 9 - when I started suffering from back/spine, ankle and feet problems as well as exhaustion - I was told I had to either take a year out from dance or risk never dancing again, I did what the doctor said and at aged 10 I started a new studio where I competed in fewer competitions - I danced there until i was 17, at 15 I began to help teach the baby & junior classes which I did for 2 years before leaving the studio to start my own with my younger sister. We opened docs dance company in 2000. I now have 5 children of my own (3 of which dance at DDC) Darylene (10) bentley & cruz - who don't dance (8) Miley (6) Lacey (5) I ALSO have 5 nieces & nephews (3 of which dance) who belong to my older brother & younger sister - mackenzie(9) - bro's kid and Amelia (6) & Mason (7) - my sisters kids. as well as my brothers two other sons (who don't dance) Brodie (12) & Kaiden (7) We teach a variety of styles and have many successful competition teams. I love my job - my favourite thing to choreograph is solo's or duets and my favourite age range to teach is 6-11.
By abdurrashid
On Tue Feb 03, 2015 09:43 PM
What a great idea!
I am from New York. I started dancing when I am 8 years old. I want to know more tips for dancing. Thanks every body:)
Bank job preparation
Page:
Page 13 of 13: 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13

ReplySendWatch