Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Does anyone tap in a semi/pro or pro company?
By dancer0328
On Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:53 PM

I was just wondering if anyone on here has tapped in a semi-pro/pro tap company? There aren't many around where I am and I just want to know what's it like. If you haven't do you know anyone personally who does? :)

1 Replies to Does anyone tap in a semi/pro or pro company?

re: Does anyone tap in a semi/pro or pro company?
By Jalietapzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 03, 2004 08:52 AM
i haven't danced in a company yet but i will someday and maybe i hope have my own company! Your right there are not many tap companies anywhere!! but being in ny i know a fair amount of people who are in/have been in or owned companies.

i know two of savion's dancers, ally bradly and marshall davis; my tap teach lynn has danced with brenda buffalino's campany and barbara duffy's comapany and several others; my other tap teach jeff had his own company in the early 90's but due to funding had to let it go :( but he does want to start it up again sooo i started looking into funding for him and maybe when i graduate college he will be ready to do it again! my other tap teach is ted levy and i'm not sure if he was in a company but he has done so many things including training savion and most of his company members (i think all of them exept michelle and one other girl).

ya know a tap company is like any other small company a big part of it is who's calling the shots!

Erica

ReplySendWatch