Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Notation Help
By avalon2900
On Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:32 PM

I Find it hard to remember what I teach in class cause I teach so many at different levels. Does anyone know an easy way of notation on paper tap steps, like maybe a diagram or something?

4 Replies to Notation Help

re: Notation Help
By StarDancin
On Thu Sep 09, 2004 05:45 PM
Keep a music stand near the front of the class or by the area where you keep your cd's etc. Jot stuff down as you go.
By Harmony2000
On Sun Sep 12, 2004 08:40 AM
An easy way for me is wiritting the rythm first, or on top of the names of the steps. You need first to know the names of them, either getting a syllabus or doing your own, so that each count goes with each step. Otherwise yes, I forget them too.
Sometimes one of my advanced students helps me with the writting.
Good luck.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:06 AM
Part of the teacher's certification that I did was learning how to notate tap. You write in 3 columns: Counts, Steps & Direction. It can take some time to write it all down, but once you are used to it, you can do it really quickly.

Helen
By dixietessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Sep 22, 2004 04:44 AM
where i was tought, and where i teach now.. you teach kids the steps using the names from level 1.. it teaches them the theory, and it helps kids that learn aurally. i now, whenever learning or teaching a new step say the name as i do it, as that as how i was tought and i highly recommend it! you always know what to write!

ReplySendWatch