Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Answers to basic Pas de Deux questions
By lilxsquirtmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 128, member since Sat Nov 27, 2004
On Sat Jan 08, 2005 08:05 PM
that answered alot of questions I had about pas de deux. I can't wiat to start my classes, but for right now I'm still in the midst of finding one around me.
By xdAnCiNg4HiMxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 191, member since Thu Aug 05, 2004
On Wed Jan 26, 2005 02:52 PM
thanks! great post!
By LYBDancer401 Comments: 595, member since Fri Dec 17, 2004
On Wed Jan 26, 2005 05:47 PM
great post!
i have only had 2 parterning classes we did simple things like turns but i couldnt get the pirouettes. the past nutcracker i was also partnered for the 1st time performing and i was really nervous! i got everything but the dip ( i fal and he had to catch me and then pile as if i were to touch the ground) i trusted him and i had to do exercises to help me gain that trust but i didnt do that stupid dip. this year in swan lake i have another solo that is also partnered!

my advise is to trust the guy first thing becuase they know what they are doing (our studio hires professionals to come in because we do not have amle dancers)

*lybdancer*
By danceluver12 Comments: 35, member since Thu Jan 27, 2005
On Thu Jan 27, 2005 02:34 PM
my dance classes are really small in number so there aren't any guys, but when my dance teacher's brother(also a dancer) came for a week, we did pas de deux and it was SO FUN!! i loved it and can't wait till the next time.
By x_xkirstyx_x Comments: 51, member since Sun Feb 06, 2005
On Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:28 AM
that move looks really pretty =D u guys look real cute♥
By Alessandra2 Comments: 131, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Tue Mar 01, 2005 08:22 AM
Thanks for that post...I have a problem though-I'm 17 and I've never done pas de deux! The guys at my studio left to go dance at big places in eastern Europe! Is this a bad thing since I'm hoping to go pro after uni? Thanks.
By bdancer29 Comments: 2, member since Wed Mar 02, 2005
On Thu Mar 03, 2005 01:10 AM
I have had so much fun in Pas class and performing on stage. The total body workout (as the guy) I swear puts the gym to shame! It's so fun to see a really great Pas routine and experiment, only to realize it's always so much harder than it looks! Thanks for the post!
By tygressmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 204, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:58 AM
Thanks for all the great info, I was gonna ask some questions but I saw your sticky and got almost all of them answered! Great info and pretty picture too. karma.

~Gwen~
By ballerinaWANAb Comments: 20, member since Thu Mar 10, 2005
On Fri Mar 18, 2005 01:21 AM
I just started doing partnering... And I'm really getting a bit concious of my weight. I'm only 15, my height is 5'4 and I weigh 98lbs. My partner keeps complaining on how heavy I am! Am I too heavy for my age? I know you mentioned that weight is not an issue, but I don't want my partner to have any difficulty in carrying me... Do I have to loose more pounds? What is the ideal weight of a dancer?
By bethianballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 632, member since Sun Mar 27, 2005
On Sun Mar 27, 2005 06:44 PM
ive taken pas de deux for almost 2 years now! but i cant seam to partner with guys who know what they are doing do you have any tips on this? how do i tell them what to do with out hurting their feelings?
By dancerspirit Comments: 193, member since Thu Jul 08, 2004
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 06:34 PM
Great explanations! Karma for you! I must tell a story of mine. I was about 15 and me and my dance teacher's son were playing around with some lifts. He took me up into an overhead arched lift and he lost me and thank goodness I had some gymnastics training in my past, I fell backwards-my head going straight for the floor behind him and somehow I managed to do kind of a back tuck somersault and land on my feet-scary!!!!!
By aviv Comments: 443, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Mon Apr 04, 2005 05:04 PM
wow thanks, i was a little skeptical about the whole pas de deux thing, but now im really pumped!
By Love4Ballet4eva Comments: 249, member since Mon Apr 04, 2005
On Wed Apr 06, 2005 02:03 AM
HEy thanks there is alot of info. BUT I HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE!!! :(

QUESTION- I am going to end up auditioning for the Australian BAllet school, I was wandering if you knew if that would be a proble that I have never done it before (no boys old enough) or you have ABSALUTLY NO IDEA! lol

well Hopefully when I go to perth (specifically to studdy ballet) there will be boys!

QUESTION NO.2- once again this is a yes or absalutly no idea question, do you know any good ballet schools in Perth???

QUESTION NO.3- lol sorry, WHen I go to perth, How long should I stay there??? I was thinking only a term but dad said that maybe a term wont be long enough, (He will miss me (cry) but he has the best interest at heart for me)

well thanks and please reply :D
By BabyRuthieo Comments: 108, member since Mon Apr 05, 2004
On Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:54 PM
i'd love to do pas de deux! im always getting lifted in contemporary at college, and i love it! theres gotta be sum good things about being small! Ive never tried it though, no boys in my ballet class! :(
By Jdhowellco Comments: 17, member since Sat Apr 09, 2005
On Thu Apr 21, 2005 08:21 AM
My daughter is lucky her studio offers a Pas de Deux class weekly, and at 12 she is one of the youngest girls in there. She has learned so much about her body and how to be partnered. It's even given her a little more confidence around boys.
By becca117 Comments: 61, member since Wed Jul 21, 2004
On Thu Apr 21, 2005 08:06 PM
i havent partnered all too much , and these tips were great, thanks! i usually partner with brandon, who is one of my teachers, and he told me that if you do not hold your self, then you seem to be twice your weight to the guy you are partnering with, so make sure u always hold yourself! have fun! Peace.
~Becca~
yeahhhh
By k_dancer Comments: 5, member since Sat May 14, 2005
On Mon May 16, 2005 09:25 PM
yes i agree the pdd is really cool i meet my boyfriend in one!!!! :P
By Jazztap678 Comments: 133, member since Tue May 03, 2005
On Tue May 17, 2005 09:00 PM
Edited by Jazztap678 (129926) on 2005-05-17 21:06:51
Hun, u don't need to lose the weight at all!!! I'm 5'1 and 100 and my doctor threatens me if I get down to 95 (my weight fluctuates (SP?))because of health issues. It's the guy that needs to get into shape, or you might not be holding yourself fully yet and just don't know it.

I've partnered, at Austin Ballet Summer Intensive. I found my, what I call soul mat, lol. With my first guy, I could only get a single piroquett in, but with Kley, I could easily get in two and really could have gotten in three simply. We were even praised over everyone else in the class. :)I miss him deeply. Ever since then, I've barely partnered.:( i miss it terribly. But I have found an interesting sport similair, stunting. Very fun, more of a rush, and a heck lot more dangerous Hehehe.
By Violette_1993 Comments: 73, member since Mon Jun 06, 2005
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 09:50 PM
I hate THis ffffooorrrreeeevvvveeeerrrr!!!!! but i have done it on swan lake!!!!
By catytheballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 651, member since Mon Sep 06, 2004
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 09:28 AM
thanks for alla of that! thanks for sharing!
By snow_pea Comments: 98, member since Wed Mar 23, 2005
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:07 PM
i haven't done pas classes yet due to the fact that there are no male dancers at my studio and this makes me want to do it even more!
By i_luv2_danz Comments: 274, member since Wed Aug 20, 2003
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 03:50 AM
im just doin ppd...i think its hard...and i get nervous everytime i hear it...i just started ballet and i have this girl that is like perfect at ballet in every way. She gets cranky at me and yells at me! I dont like her
Cheers
I don danz2liv i liv2danz Danc4eva Tom.
By Ballerina_no1 Comments: 642, member since Mon Jun 06, 2005
On Fri Jul 08, 2005 03:35 AM
thanks for this gret post. i dident start pdd yet, but i will soon. so thanks for help!
pas de deux
By bettybunhead Comments: 6, member since Sat Mar 08, 2003
On Mon Jul 11, 2005 04:42 AM
Yeah i have done pas de duex since i was twelve and i have been bruised and dropped and i must admit it can be pretty painful sometimes but its great fun
i guess i just had a bit of a dodgy partner lol
By bettybunhead Comments: 6, member since Sat Mar 08, 2003
On Mon Jul 11, 2005 04:52 AM
to love4ballet4eva
i go to the australian ballet school although i have been doing pas de deux since i was twelve a lot of the girls and boys infact most of them hadn't ever done pas de deux and they start pretty slow so you can get a feel for it hope it helped dont worry
Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch