Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Answers to basic Pas de Deux questions
By TheRock07 Comments: 84, member since Mon Oct 10, 2005
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 05:44 PM
I have the same question. Any advice for my 1st partnering class. I'm so nervous. I'm young but in a high level so the directors of my dance school want me to start patnering. I'm so scared any advice
By Mary_Loumember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 430, member since Thu Dec 01, 2005
On Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:50 PM
ahhh, almost crying!!

i'd love to do pas de deux! we had a big performance last year and i got a solo but not the female pas de deux part i was sooo sad =( i've never done it before but after i read your thread i was like... oh my gosh! i am sooo sad, its just like i dont have the opprtunity... no boys ^^

thanks for posting... now i've got a new dream!! =)

-luise.
By simpleplanfan Comments: 25, member since Tue Dec 27, 2005
On Thu Dec 29, 2005 02:44 PM
great post! im supposed to start pdd this summer so this will come in handy!

simpleplanfan
By happygurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 163, member since Wed Aug 03, 2005
On Fri Jan 06, 2006 02:08 PM
pa de deux sounds really fun. i wish i will get a chance to do it.
By casualdance Comments: 20, member since Fri Dec 23, 2005
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:59 PM
this is so informative....thanks
By natalie16 Comments: 29, member since Wed Jan 18, 2006
On Thu Jan 26, 2006 02:49 AM
great post:)i've never done it before...hope it's going to be as fun as you say it is!!
By dancingking1516 Comments: 13, member since Wed Feb 01, 2006
On Wed Feb 08, 2006 08:08 AM
Im not really sure if it was a pas de deux or not because it was with another male. We were doing it for our very first time and i thought it was supposed to be male and female. but over all it was a lot of fun i got lifted a couple of times and so did he.
By b0rn_d4ncer Comments: 194, member since Fri Feb 10, 2006
On Fri Feb 10, 2006 06:30 PM
I'd love to one day do pas-de-deux. I have pointe shoes, but then found out that I couldn't dance anymore because the studio moved...I have about a month of ballet at my school since we do dance class everyday...but of course my dream would be to do pas-de-deux. I hope everyone who has done it realizes how fortunate they are...I would do anything for just a small dance!
HEY
By MeMyselfAndDance Comments: 139, member since Sat Feb 25, 2006
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 06:34 PM
I LOVE YOUR COSTUME SOOOO much!!!! :]i also like your arch!!!i thnik i want to come see you perform!!lol!! :)
By dancefreak5622 Comments: 309, member since Tue Mar 07, 2006
On Sun Mar 19, 2006 06:37 AM
wow! thanks...this answered so many q's of mine! nice post!
By BalletLI Comments: 449, member since Sat Apr 08, 2006
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 05:22 PM
Thanks for posting the information - pas de deux is an important part of ballet training.
By VIMOTPP Comments: 21, member since Sun Jan 29, 2006
On Sat Apr 15, 2006 01:10 AM
I haven't started pas de deux yet :( ...hopefully I will this year or next year. But I've done heaps of lifts and stuff - it all sounds so fun!
By Tashimember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1224, member since Tue Jan 03, 2006
On Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:27 PM
What is the correct spelling of Pas de deux?
By mybloodyourhonor Comments: 46, member since Sun May 28, 2006
On Mon May 29, 2006 03:43 PM
I was dropped one time, the guy probably weighed less than I do (96 lbs.). It didn't hurt that bad but I felt really bad for him... he was so humiliated he ran out of the class!

But don't expect that to happen, it's really rare. This was probably this guy's second week ever of any kind of athletic training.
By rubyshoes Comments: 149, member since Fri Jan 28, 2005
On Thu Jun 01, 2006 01:42 PM
we dont do pas de deux at my studio but im now in a dance company and i have a great partner there, he isnt as experienced as me but hes strong and tall and im small so we work well together, we just clicked and started dancing together one day and the choreographer immediatly put us together
i love pas de deux!!
xxx
By dAnCeHoWuFeeL Comments: 57, member since Mon Jun 27, 2005
On Fri Jun 09, 2006 09:08 PM
i just did pas de deux for the first time the other day and i totally loved it! I've only learned the basic things like a single pirouette but it was amazing! I hope every girl gets the chance to do a Pas De Deux someday!
By c_caussyn Comments: 5, member since Wed Jun 14, 2006
On Sun Jun 18, 2006 06:25 PM
Thank you so much for this thread. I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to partner since I was 12 years old. I've had some good partners (Matt Murphy who is a corp member at ABT) and some really really inexperienced ones. I've been dropped, banged, manhandled, humiliated, bruised, had the wind knocked out of me... you name it. But after reading this thread full of people who have not yet experienced pas de deux work, I realize how much I have taken for granted! This Nutcracker I played the Sugar Plum Fairy, and this spring, I played Aurora in Sleeping Beauty, both of which are great partnering roles. Right now I'm rehearsing for a more contemporary ballet that I will be performing in 3 weeks. I have a partner who I work amazingly well with and I love pas de deux.

Thank you for re-introducing me to the magical, beautiful, passion of pas de deux!
By Grace1 Comments: 20, member since Wed Oct 26, 2005
On Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:21 AM
i have a question. how must be the weight mix between a boy and a girl at the pdd.
By cj777 Comments: 98, member since Thu Jun 15, 2006
On Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:27 PM
Cool! Your post is very intersting and also very informative!!!
I have never tries Pas de Daux but it looks awesome!
By philycheesesteakPremium member Comments: 237, member since Sun Jul 23, 2006
On Thu Jul 27, 2006 07:47 PM
Wow there is so much great informationn here. Thanks everyone. I first did a pdd with my instructor. That was great because i would come in for private classes and it helped my trainning a lot. We did a few really great moves together.One was the Fish where she would leap towards me and do a twist in the air and i caught her in a really cool position hands on her waist and thigh. So cool. Two years ago i did a pas de deux with a high school girl with great trainning. She learned a lot. And, I was suprised that even though she was an advanced dancer she had to really learn how to work with me and improve her timing and posture for the overhead lifts. I wasnt able to lift her onto my shoulder unless she did her part right. May i ad that i was twice her age and she was so cool about it and felt more comfortable about parnering than i was. It helps if the girl is that confident in herself. Hope i get to parner again one day! Thanks again for all the great information!!!
By Niccollo Comments: 27, member since Thu Jul 27, 2006
On Fri Jul 28, 2006 01:59 PM
Am I too tall/short?
There's no height requirement for pas. Granted, if you're 2 feet taller then the boy your partnering with, or if your 2 feet shorter then the girl you're partnering with, it's gonna look odd on stage.

Hey, I've danced with New York City ballet.. Everyone one knows how tall Mr. "B" liked his women. I'm only 5'11" and the girls were the same height as I on flat shoes, when they went on point, I was looking at their cleavage...

Do guys drop girls?

Only if she's done something to really piss him off, they normally don't:)

Niccollo
By EnPointe15member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 82, member since Wed Aug 23, 2006
On Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:05 AM
I do have one Q??
I had a shorter guy over the summer, he whas only 2 or 3 inches, but he had some truble lifting me and i dont know if it whas my folt or not?

Adieu,
Abbey
By LMdancer1 Comments: 127, member since Sun Feb 12, 2006
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 01:13 PM
Thanks for this!! I just started PDD and I was really scared about hitting the guy...lol. It's really a lot of fun. Thanks again, it's really helpful.
-LM
By dancerdancer22member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 474, member since Sat Oct 28, 2006
On Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:36 PM
This really helped me.I am not in Pas De Duex but I always look at your message boards!
By ActingBunheadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1883, member since Thu Oct 26, 2006
On Sat Nov 25, 2006 09:53 PM
ahh! i have to dance PDD in our performance of The Nutcracker this year! i have never done PDD before and our new teacher/choreagrapher wants me to dance it and its so hard! mostly the lifts are hard for me. i can do it with our instructor, but its SO much harder with the guy i have to dance with. ugh, our performance is in 2 1/2 weeks, so i really have to get my act together or i'm afraid he won't be able to lift me on stage! I'm really nervous.

anyways, sorry i was kinda venting. :? good post though. :)

~bunhead
Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch