Forum: Disco / Disco - Parents Only

Page:
Page 10 of 25: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25
re: making costumes?
By followsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jan 26, 2008 01:14 PM

+ -

Hi, I am not a dressmaker by any stretch of the imagination, but I have managed to add this bustle to my daughters new slow. I bought a length of boa from a fancy dress shop, folded it in half and tied the middle with a length of lycra. Then sew the ends of the lycra to the inside back of the cozzie. The cozzie has a stoned belt on it, so I fastened it underneath the bustle to hold it up. Hope this helps! Good luck, Marie xx
By XxAsherxX
On Mon Jan 28, 2008 05:50 AM
Thanks Marie,
Dressmaker or not it looks really professional. I'll try it & hopefully it will turn out as good as yours.
Tracey.
By joleen
On Tue Jan 29, 2008 02:57 AM
hi there ive made my daughter an partner suits thay look good, but had 1 problem thay fell down as thay are boob tubes has any 1 got any tips on how 2 fix them.thank you got an other comp on 10th febuary.
By bopsnrachmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 30, 2008 01:18 PM
Hi im in the same position thanks for posting and all he replies are helpful. ive got 2 girls so really hoping to pick it up.
Thanks, Tinax
By bopsnrachmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 30, 2008 01:19 PM
Hi im in the same position thanks for posting and all he replies are helpful. ive got 2 girls so really hoping to pick it up.
Thanks, Tinax
By followsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 30, 2008 01:22 PM
HI, Re the falling down bube tubes!

You could try invisible straps, like the ones you get on bras, should save any future embarassment and make the girls feel more secure. Marie xxx
By blonde_redhead1
On Thu Jan 31, 2008 01:35 AM
alternatively buy boob tape from places like claires or superdrugs. One of mine uses it on a rock and roll top that is quite teeny and she worries about it riding up....its never moved with being chucked around.

karen xx
By joleen
On Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:29 AM
thank you for these tips im goin to try both i will put visable straps on an get tape be on safe side then thank you all for your help.whwt is tape call let me no thanks.
By joleen
On Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:30 AM
thank you for these tips im goin to try both i will put visable straps on an get tape be on safe side then thank you all for your help.whwt is tape call let me no thanks.
By joleen
On Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:37 AM

+ -

as my daughter as only been
3 comps she is u12 starter now
any ideas for costumes that are
in fashion now thank you.

Comment #6822025 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-02-01 15:09:11 Double post.

By ailsya
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 03:18 PM
Hi
how do you stop the fabric gathering up under the needle, I use ballpoint needles and it still wont sew straight, so it ends up all at one side,
Ailsya
By Jopat
On Mon Feb 11, 2008 01:52 PM
Hi,
What seems to be the new fashion on the dance floor at the moment?
Need some ideas to make my own.
By babygirl2000
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 02:45 AM
My daughter is due to compete in her first slow comp in 5 weeks.I have read all 10 pages,bought a cheap catsuit,stones,elastic,satin and my daughter has made the design.Thanks for all the advice.Here goes!!!!!
By Sallimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 26, 2008 07:16 AM
hi iv just made my thrid costume and thought id leave some tips on what I found difficult.

()First thing I would do if your a first timer is to buy a plain catsuit pattern and slightly alter it to how you want. you may have to try a few times to get the cutout parts in the right places.

()Always use cheap lycra first to practice on it probs wont work right the first time :)

() if wanting to cut out parts of the catsuit use a thin strip of lycra to edge the cutout parts. stretch the edging as your sewing so when its done it will stop the cutout sides bagging.(this is the best piece of advice I got while making my first costme!!)

^^ do this same thing for the leg holes too.

hope some of this helps

love salli

xxx
By hotlegs
On Thu Feb 28, 2008 09:53 AM
Glad im not the only one finding costumes expensive, I had no sewing experience but needed to cut costs, so i borrowed my sisters sewing machine and made a start.You need a BALL POINT needle, and another tip is.... if your using a second colour to trim cut the lycra on the cross as it will bend around corners better. I get my youngest daughter(10 years old) to stone..she loves it..Good luck with the sewing.
By taelyr08Premium member
On Wed Mar 05, 2008 03:14 AM
Hi

My daughter has just got a new costume and her dance teacher has suggested putting some bugle beads round the neckband but Im clueless about how to do it, can someone help?

Ingrid
xx
By Maya03
On Mon Mar 10, 2008 02:50 PM

+ -

I made this as my daughters first suit for disco kid as i couldn't afford to buy one. I am now making some slow outfits.
Sam
By meggzmum
On Thu Mar 20, 2008 05:01 PM

+ -

Hi everyone
This is my latest creation, a new slow for Megan
Hope you like it
Michele x
By deesmum
On Wed Mar 26, 2008 02:36 PM
Hi sew onto elastic x
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:42 PM
fantastic, there are some great tips and advice. finally plucked up the courage and almost finished my first leotard. will make a cuople more , then hopefully can attempt to make goldstar outfoits for my girls.
By tuttatei94
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:11 AM
thanks for great advice,
does anyone know where you can buy the sort of flower motifs
to sew onto the costumes?
and how many gross of ss20 stones you need to cover a
normal cozzie? love christine
By Maya03
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:55 PM
Don't suppose anyone has a cheap overlocker or know where i can get a cheap one from?
Sam
By jazzster
On Tue Apr 08, 2008 03:21 PM
hi i made my daughters costumes for many years . I make belts with wide elastic just make them to fit not stretch.good luck
By mandajane
On Mon Apr 21, 2008 01:38 PM

+ -

here's my latest creation,a new solo for my eldest.Hope you like it,it seems a far way from the little beginners i started making three years ago.
x mandy
Page:
Page 10 of 25: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25

ReplySendWatch