Forum: Disco / Disco - Parents Only

Page:
Page 20 of 25: 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
re: making costumes?
By julesdesign
On Fri May 06, 2011 07:45 AM
Hi Karen,did you get the genie trouser pattern I have a spare new genie pattern sizes-2,3,4yrs,8-10-12yrs and adult size 10-12-14-16 its yours if you want it just let me know,I am a new designer and manufacturer for freestle dancewear I will be launching my online shop in near future its Jules Design Dancewear uk my motto is quality costumes at affordable prices
keep a lookout for me and if you still need genie pattern let me know I will post it to you if you leave your address and postcode
Julie xx
By julesdesign
On Fri May 06, 2011 08:10 AM
Hi caitie,karren is right always make the binding or edging smaller than the hole but remember to cut actual hole slightly smaller than your intended finish as you are using stretch material and when on the body the hole will stretch,also when attaching edging sew from outside-in, that means start with binding right side to right side of costume then fold to inside
sew onto seam stitching you have just sewn this way you will get a flat finish,then sew around your binding with zigzag to get perfect finish,I am a new designer and manufacturer of frestyle costumes,I will be launching my online shop in near future its Jules Design Dancewear uk, keep a look out for me my motto is quality costumes at affordable prices good luck
Julie xx
By becandden123
On Fri May 06, 2011 09:33 AM
Hi there,
Anyone know how I can make the big pointy shoulder pieces that are out at the moment?
Or what they are made of?

Many thanks xx
By caitie98
On Sat May 07, 2011 04:29 AM
Hi Guys thanks for all your help That really helped will try the advice. Great sticky this is anymore problems and I will be straight back on :)
Caitie xx
By princess_jodiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 07, 2011 10:08 AM
hi, can I ask where you got your genie pants pattern from as I am looking for one for a 11-12 year old. I would like the ones that have a wide waist band and then really full from below this, any ideas?
Also thanks for the tip about tiaknight fabric, got some lovely lace from her

Janet x
By julesdesign
On Sat May 07, 2011 09:17 PM
Hi Janet,If Karen does not respond to my reply in next 2 days I will send you the pattern free of charge,it has all sizes even adult and is new still in packet,just post your address and postcode.
Also as Ive mentioned I will be launching my online shop in near future keep a lookout for me Jules Design Dancewear Uk.
Julie xx
By dizzydisco
On Mon May 09, 2011 03:18 AM
I think you are all very brave atemoting the making so involved but as you say so expensive to keep buying good luck
By ldot81
On Mon May 09, 2011 03:29 AM
Hi,

This thread is fab! Just wish I had more time to experiment! Just wondering if its possible to make the organza ruffles without an over locker? I have a regular machine with different stitched but not an over locker.

Thanks Laura
By MrsB1
On Sun May 22, 2011 01:21 PM
I have seen the pointy add ons and I did find some polystyrene eggs which i have cut the rounded bottoms off and covered in lycra....
By church
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 01:44 AM
I do a little on my sewing machine and I was thinking along the same lines as you but was lacking in confidence but after reading all the posts I am going to give it a try!wish me luck
By church
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 01:47 AM
Hi I've got some stretch velvet material to make a costume do you know if I need a speical needle for that? Thank you
By dancingmumof2
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 02:36 AM
Hi Yes you need a ballpoint needle. Ask at your local sewing shop they will have them in stock. Good luck - once you start you wont want to stop!!
By AmazeFreestylePremium member
On Sat Jun 11, 2011 03:54 PM
Does anyone know where you can get the furry pom pom type things that are on costumes? If you know what I mean!

Thanks
x
By Mrsmc
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 06:29 PM
Try Hobbycraft for the Pompoms, they do big bags of them.x
By Luv2Sparkle
On Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 PM
Hi does anyone know how to make the big pointy shoulders (the ones with fringing on), not sure what they are made from, please help.
Thanks Lou. x
On Thu Jun 30, 2011 07:46 AM
hi, would like to say a big thankyou to Julie, from Julesdesigns who sent me a new pattern for free so that I could make some genie pants. I had made them before but it was just guess work and was so much easier with a proper pattern.

The photos show the boys and the trios that I made from it, both of them winning their sections recently.

It great to know that there are some genuinely lovely people in our dance world that will help others, even people they don't know.

Janet xx
By Carelle
On Fri Jul 08, 2011 04:19 PM
Hello, I'm wanting to make a head piece for my stepdaughter, i wonder if you could tell me the name of the curly lycra stuff, as i've looked everywhere :)
thank you
Kath xx
On Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:35 AM
Do you mean the curls that are on the headpieces, and the new type visor ones? If so then this is 'rigalene' which you buy by the metre and then cover with lycra, either by sewing a thin tube or covering it, like you would a piece of elastic.

Hope this make sense and helps

Janet
By Carelle
On Sat Jul 09, 2011 04:20 PM
Thankyou so much, no wonder I couldn't find it! I've been typing in all sorts on google & nothing, great I shall have a go,
Kath xx
By labamber
On Sat Jul 09, 2011 04:37 PM
My mum makes all my outfits and she has a few questions

How do you make ball bracelets??
What are these new shoulders made from??
Where can you buy 'fern' feathers??
What do you make bangles from??
Where do you buy lace from??

Thankyou
Sophie xxx
By dani15member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 09, 2011 06:19 PM
when doing fashion in college to make trousers we always had a seem on each side but with costumes i dont think ive ever seen it but im struggling how do you get the seem just on the side leg?
laura
By dancingmumof2
On Mon Jul 11, 2011 07:15 AM
Hi to make trouser with one seam you just cut the fabric on a fold. Lace etc you can get from Crystal Clover. Hope this helps x
By dani15member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 11, 2011 03:39 PM
dancingmumof2 wrote:

Hi to make trouser with one seam you just cut the fabric on a fold. Lace etc you can get from Crystal Clover. Hope this helps x

thank you, thats a great help! x
By XxemzxX
On Tue Jul 19, 2011 04:21 AM
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone could help me.
I've made costumes before but have always followed a paper pattern and made to those sizes.
Just wondered how you take a child's measurements and turn them into a pattern?
Do you cut the fabric to those exact measurements or do you need to make it smaller? If so how much by?

Thanks
Emma
By labamber
On Thu Jul 21, 2011 07:30 AM
Just wondered how these new ruffle bracelets and neck bands are made?

Thank you
Sophie xxx
Page:
Page 20 of 25: 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

ReplySendWatch