Forum: Sports / Sports Photos - Misc

Page:
Page 4 of 4: 1 2 3 4
re: How is this possible?
By bunnyfoofoo
On Wed Jul 13, 2005 03:57 PM
thats so awesome. i heard it feels really good because you stretching out your back. kinda like a cat stretch. thanks for posting such a wonderful find.
By twirler4jesusmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:31 PM
Yikes! Do you think that hurts? It hurts me just looking at it.
By rsgsweetie
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:39 PM
some of you people with your comments are just really immature.
By Smileysal
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 02:29 PM
Hiya,

I think it's a beautiful picture. :) I wish I could be even a little bit flexible.

Some people are naturally flexible and some people have to work hard at it. She looks like she's naturally flexible and enjoying what she is doing. :)

What country is she from? and does she do Gymnastics, Acro or is she a contortionist?

Thank you for showing us a fab picture. :)

Loads of love n hugs,

:) Sal XXXXX
By talent_co_danca
On Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:07 AM
she can probably bend her back in 2 places
By strong_bsc
On Fri Sep 02, 2005 03:29 AM
I agree whit snoopyjut,and alla others, that mentioned training. All else aside, lack of bone, skelet abnormality etx etc, somebody who are that flexable, must have done a lot of stretching.
How is this possible?
By zoekhulp
On Mon Sep 05, 2005 06:06 AM
AAAUUWW...
How is this possible?
By zoekhulp
On Mon Sep 05, 2005 06:07 AM
AAAUUWW... it hurtzzzz
How is this possible?
By tinydancer1
On Tue Oct 11, 2005 06:09 PM
wow this is soooo freaky its kinda cool
By hayleyiscirquemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 13, 2005 05:25 PM
i cont understand how some pple can be that flexable! its insane! i wish i could do that...it would be so cool.... and it would make everything so much easier! lol
By bigwinner
On Sat Nov 19, 2005 02:23 PM
That is really cool! I hope that I'm that flexible someday.
By cheeky_me_1234member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 21, 2005 02:15 PM
argh!im amazed! it doesn't even look like her back is bendy just snapped in half! lol it's stunning! she must train soooo hard!
jodie
xxx
By hamfistPremium member
On Mon Nov 21, 2005 03:57 PM
Oh Dear,

I have been asked by one of my friends in Stretching, to look at this string and comment. Regrettably there are many postings here that are so wrong!

I have been a trainer of contortionists for more than 40 years and have made a study of joint hyper mobility for nearly as long so I have much knowledge of subject!

In the first place, the girl is not Irina Kazakova, although she is also Russian and is one of the best contortionists presently performing.

In terms or anatomy, a contortionist does not have to have ribs or other body parts missing. But, in terms of birth flexibility, we are born with joints ranging from relatively stiff and progressively being more and more bendy until we arrive at the top end of flexibility where, from birth the child has joint hyper mobility which is a genes thing. In a family there may be sisters and each can have totally different joint characteristics. There is a far greater percentage of females with joint hyper mobility than males.

Since the posted subject is a girl I will comment in the female gender. If the very young child recognises that she has the ability to do body contortions then she may well do contortion tricks especially in front of an audience because anyone watching will be "freaked out" and this will encourage her to do more and more tricks and she then knows that she can be centre of attention. In other cases, a parent or teacher will recognise her ability and will seek training assistance for her as with this girl.

Of course, some hyper mobiles will just do bending "tricks" when they are out of sight in case they are called "freaks" but they still enjoy doing contortions and when they see a photo of a contortionist they will try and try to get to the same position. But then, there are others who, for various reasons, just do not want to do contortion positions so their natural bendiness decreases with age.

The girl in the photo, like any of the best contortionists, was born with joints that allow much greater angular movement than most, but she has had to work at stretching to get muscles stretched and toned. Because she bends her back a lot, her discs between vertebrae will have thickened up more than most and when she bends it will seem that her spine has broken because she can easily bend back and get her seat resting firmly on her own back between shoulder blades and waist; quite a number can do this contortion!

She will do hours of training daily to stay flexible but there is no pain or damage done when she is doing extreme contortion positions and she does not have any ribs or vertebrae missing!

I posted in Dance.Net responding to a question on over centre knees and elbows and I had a number of PM messages from others who had this body characteristic. It would not surprise me if there are a few in Dance.Net who have joint hyper mobility and can do fairly extreme contortions; and some will be quite shy about this.

PM me if you have better than average flexibility or even joint hyper mobility and seek more information.

Ian
By koolwhip79
On Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:12 PM
I think that is just God given talent!
By hamfistPremium member
On Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:22 PM
Yes,

God given talent to be hyper mobile but she still has to work on her flexibility to be able to get to these contortion positions!

Ian
By lcaptainlcapl
On Thu Jan 05, 2006 02:37 AM
someone should kick her right in the stomach that she doesnt have, and see what she does
By lcaptainlcapl
On Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:50 PM
that is like, ew, how can someone do that, ive seen those people that perform do it, and its really gross
By Dhanurasana
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:53 AM
i think you need a loooo t of training to do this!
By firefall
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:08 PM
this is one of the reasons we all love gymnastics can you see such a beautiful position.
By Hadas7
On Sun Jan 29, 2006 09:03 AM
OMG... it is scary!!!!
Page:
Page 4 of 4: 1 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch