Job: Film & TV / Actors Wanted

I need to hire 1-Choreographer, 18-Actors/Actresses and 8-Musicians
By TeagueMusicalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
Posted On Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:47 PM
Edited by TeagueMusical (107838) on 2004-10-02 16:28:21 clarification that this will be a paying performing arts job
Allen James Teague
755 LeClerc Rd.
OldTown, ID, U.S.A.

Deadline:
Audition Date: between late summer of 2007 and the early winter of 2008
About Allen James Teague
I am a composer/writer with a full length production (about 3 hours) in the works. Info about my past endevours can be found at: www.geocities.com . . . /> <br /> This production will be my first music drama and premier will be in Oregon. I am planning to tour this production. I am also planning to build other productions. This will be a paying job.

Looking around north Idaho and eastern Washington for ease of communication and rehursals. Brittish Columbia, western Washington and northern Oregon can be worked around.

Currently working through details (writing vocal parts) for a music drama I began at Stoneridge in 1994. It's an excellent story if I do say so myself set in the 1200's northern England involving a harlequin, a gypsy dancer, a minstrel, a younge rouge, a sorcerous, her evil minions and quite a few extra characters (never more than 11 on stage at same time) Am sketching set and costume designs at this time. I have the storyline complete (endevouring to stay under 3 hours) and have written 64 compositions (keepers) for this project that I am pleased with. There are a few dark moments along with a tear or two but this will be an all ages show.

Choreographer: classical background (not hip-hop or jazz for this production, maybe the next one???)

Actors needed:
11 male Actors/Singers (3-tenor, 2-baritone, 1-2nd bass, 1-(any range vocal with an exceptional ability in classical guitar, lute or violin I can write around the actor) others to be more for character and charisma than exact range.

7 female Actresses/Singers (only one or two to be sopranos).

Musicians needed:
Piccolo, flute, oboe, bassoon, percussionist, violin, viola, and cello.

11 Replies to I need to hire 1-Choreographer, 18-Actors/Actresses and 8-Musicians

re: I need to hire 1-Choreographer, 18-Actors/Actresses and 8-Musicians
By sexigirl
On Sat Oct 09, 2004 06:38 PM
Hello, I just have one question, how old are the 7 actresses should be, what age range?
On Sat Oct 09, 2004 08:04 PM
Thank you for the question! I am planning to tour this production as a regular job so actors and actresses will need to be out of high school (able to travel) at least 18 years old. Other than that the perfect actor for a specific role might be 20 or she / he might be 64. After auditions we'll know!

Kind Regards,
~Teague
By sexigirl
On Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:27 PM
Thanks for the answer, it is kind of disappointing because I am only 13, but thanx anyway.
re: age for working
On Sun Oct 10, 2004 02:13 PM
For a theatre company: actors, musicians, stage crew (roadies), light and sound techs, truck drivers and under studies for when people get sick and loose their voices I will need people that are at a place in life where they can work on the road for a few months at a time away from home and the without the need for permission slips. Also I will need everyone able to be level headed and able to get along with everyone else while enjoying the reasons we all pursue our arts (along with earning a paycheck and adding to our arts resumes). I believe in having fun and entertaining people has been my favorite thing to do for the past 18 years.

If someone wants to perform for an occupation I would suggest honing the skills at open-mic and pestering their local arts centers for performances. I know a lot of good musicians that will never move beyond playing in bars because they are afraid to pick up the phone, call the chamber of commerce in towns with population 10,000 and over and find out who to contact to rent the community centers all across the country one town at a time. A band or ensemble can set up tours and do really well if they can use a calendar, a notebook and a telephone. A lot of community centers can be rented for $50.00 and they hold a couple hundred people at $5.00 to $25.00 per ticket depending on type of event. (Hint) George Winston has the food bank set up at his performances and suddenly every performance is a benefit which bolsters press coverage nicely.

Larger venues with 2,500+ seating capacity tend to cost around $3,000 per show plus 8% of house (not to exceed a certain amount) plus 25% of merchandise sales (programs, t-shirts, tapestries, brightly colored pavilions…)

The department of parks and recreation rents amphitheaters (natural and man-made) too…

Kind Regards,
~Teague
INTERESTED
By SHOND
On Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:18 AM
Hello my name is shond and i am interested in your opportunities. i am a 29 year old african american male and free to travel for your position you have posted. if you are still in need of someone please i'm open for replies.
Choreographer
By cyberdanseparis
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 05:18 PM
Hi! My name is Patrick O'Hara and I'm interested!
I am a classical choreographer and also compose music.
Check out my personal and company site!
www.patrick-kevin-ohara.com
www.cyberdanseparis.com
www.danse.org
Sincerely
Patrick O'Hara
patrickohara@cyberdanseparis.com
By Cute3
On Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:39 AM
I am 13 years old I have an Identical twin sister who goes by Cute2. I am real interested in this because I have never workeed in a mixture of a musical flim neverless a film it's self. I usually do plays. I have no real requirements I'll work under any terms. If you are interested in me as one of your actress please feel free to conact me at jus2precious_44_2005@yahoo.com Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Cute3
By cute2
On Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:54 AM
I am an african american 13 year old girl. I have an identical twin sister who goes by cute3. Its my dream to became an actress as well as my sister's. We are very flexible so it wouldn't be hard for someone to place us. I only have one requirement and that is that I am treated fairly, other than that I can work under any terms. I'm an actress and so is my sister. I think we are just the people your looking for. If any questions feel free to contact me at jazzyj_88_2005@yahoo.com thank you for your time.
Sincerly,
cute2
Auditions
By KaliD
On Mon Jan 24, 2005 03:44 PM
I am very interested, I am a 19 year old girl from dallas texas, I am teaching gymnastics right now, like to travel, my father works for american airlines, so i travel for free. I have been involved in gymnastics for 14 years, Danced for three years, jazz, hip hop, ballet, and irish, and riverdance, I also was on the spring board dive team for four years. I was recently in an independent film here in dallas, and acted in school.

Please e-mail me with anymore info you might have
Thanks
Kali D
great pick
By bethee
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 04:05 PM
I am a starter, but I can act and sing. I live on North Coast of oregon I am very interested in acting
great pick
By bethee
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 04:11 PM
I am a starter, but I can act and sing. I live on North Coast of oregon I am very interested in acting

ReplySendWatch