Forum: General / Hip Hop / Locking

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Is Micheal Jackson the perfect all-round dancer/entertain er ?
By D4LMD
On Tue Nov 02, 2004 09:13 AM

I'm a huge micheal jackson fan and i know that micheal can perform some moves like nobody else.
Doing a 360 Glide in front of 70.000 people is one thing, doing it perfect is quite something else, which is something he does with such ease .
But is he the perfect all-round dancer, and is he the biggest entertainer ever ?
I'd say : YOU BET YOUR ASS

46 Replies to Is Micheal Jackson the perfect all-round dancer/entertain er ?

re: Is Micheal Jackson the perfect all-round dancer/entertain er ?
By Invent
On Tue Nov 02, 2004 02:23 PM
Here's my question to u.... does MJ belong as a topic on the hip-hop boards??? And why post it under locking?
Invent
By fado
On Wed Nov 03, 2004 08:20 AM
you tell me something invent why did you post that story on michael jackson and the moonwalk in the hip hop post then if its such a big deal to you. Adn hell yeah he is the greataest all round entertainer and dancer to me at least.
INVENT SUX
By D4LMD
On Wed Nov 03, 2004 09:33 AM
So invent , keep your dumb ass comments for you.
And don't bother us with it.

I don't care where i post this message .. deal with it.
By Invent
On Wed Nov 03, 2004 03:36 PM
MJ maybe be the perfect all around entertainer... he is an amazing singer, has great stage presence, and with what he does do with his dancing is on-point.

However, he is not the perfect all-around dancer. Think about that comment for a few seconds. A perfect all around dancer is someone who what?? HAS PERFECTED ALL DANCE STYLES.
MJ is far from perfecting all dance styles. All he has done is take the moves of other people and their personal signiature styles and link them together.

and to you D4LMD... Don't ever insult me again. And that I mean.
Invent
By D4LMD
On Thu Nov 04, 2004 02:20 AM
INVENT YOU INSULTED YOURSELF BY POSTING DUMB COMMENTS !!!!

iF mj ISN'T THE PERFECT ALL-ROUND DANCER ? WHO IS THEN ?

I'D SAY HE IS BECAUSE HE CAN DANCE A LOT OF STYLES QUITE PERFECT .. THE MAN CAN DANCE .. AND MAYBE IF THERE WHERE SOME FREESTLYLE VIDEOS OF HIM TO DOWNLOAD PEOPLE WOULD HAVE MORE RESPECT ..
By Invent
On Thu Nov 04, 2004 03:16 PM
What I asked you was a valid question. Just as valid as yours. If you think my comments are dumb... maybe you should read some of my other ones... or is it just too hard for you to understand them???

No one is the PERFECT all around dancer. Simple as that. There might be someone who is close... but I doubt MJ is it.
Can he do Irish step, ballet, disco, ballroom, salsa, merengue, clogging..etc??? No... like I said.. he copies a couple of tap and jazz dancers and a popper, and people say he's perfect. WTF is that??? seriously..
Invent
By DreamDance83
On Thu Nov 04, 2004 08:37 PM
Umm...he isn't the greatest all around dancer...he's versatile tho, if that's what you mean. Yah, he does copy a few moves like from James Brown...but for the most part, he watches dancers of all sorts...learns from them and does his own thing with the moves. Like, when he dances in the Smooth Criminal vid and Billie Jean (live), his dancing is very reminiscent of Fred Astaire....but if you watch Bandwagon...he doesn't do the exact same moves as him (maybe a few)....but he puts it together in his own way and does his own moves in the process. And it's not just dancers he gets ideas from..it's from the types of dances as well. Like, the jumping on your toe thing...LOTS of tappers do that...not just Fred..so one shouldn't really say it's Fred's signature move.
By CS_Atlanta
On Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:13 PM
Michael is, without a doubt, an AWESOME entertainer and good dancer. However, I would not say that he is a perfect all around dancer.
By invncible5
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 02:12 PM
1) Michael is THE ultimate entertainer..nobody comes near him. He's the greatest. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that.

2) Most DANCERS (as in, people who dance for a living) wouldn't say that Michael is the perfect dancer. I'm sure a lot of what he does isn't technically correct and to someone who knows a lot about dancing, is only average. However, for the pure sake of entertainment, I'd say that he's the best one in his industry.
By iH0p
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 02:46 PM
didn't realize only people who dance for a living can be titled a dancer

iH0p
By Invent
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 03:22 PM
LOL!!!
That's why I love you iH0p!!!!
Invent
By skip718
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 07:07 PM
man invent...your one patient dude...dudes that don't even know what they are talkin about callin u dumb...man..these are the same wack people who think "you got served" and "honey" were the greatest dance movies and had the greatest dancers in them...hahah...infidels..
By iH0p
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 07:23 PM
very true skip

and that's why I love Invent

iH0p
By D4LMD
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 06:49 AM
Edited by balletgurl (11968) on 2004-12-03 10:26:51 swearing is not allowed here.
Yeah hey listen up .. Micheal Jackson can't dance merengue ?? hahaha says Invent ( or ballet ) .. do you really thinks he coudn't do that easy ? I can, man you're wack ( did you see thriller ) .. Micheal dances better then all those boogaloo guys .. he's faster and got better style and better aura .. you guys can't have it why people love him so much .. but i tell you you guys aint seen shit of Micheal .. you guys aint see of him freestyling .. he'll beat all of you .. he can freestyle and 'he'll show some moves that u guys can't even understand.
And about that boogaloo learning Micheal crap .. i don't even take that serious micheal was dancing insane, way before he met those guys !!
Ihop .. Invent .. you guys are wack .. just say that you can't look at Micheal 2day because he's in a worse situation .. you dind't even thougt about the fact that he made all f those dances famous .. and if he wasn't doing those moves .. no normal people would recognize it and say it's cool.
Micheal jackson is the perfect all-round dancer !!
By D4LMD
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 06:51 AM
Respect the man for that .. maybe we'll never see such a good dancer/entertainer ever again !
By iH0p
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:29 AM
Edited by balletgurl (11968) on 2004-12-03 10:28:21 veiled swearing not permitted here
dude how old are you...

didn't we already go over this. First off, michael jackson didn't make those dances famous seeing as how he wasn't even dancing them. Second, do you even know what boogaloo is? Cuz I don't recall seeing it in Thriller... Third, since when does being faster make you a better dancer... if that were the case then Speedy Gonzales would make a better dancer than MJ.

You need to blow out those candles on your little Michael Jackson shrine and stop trying to convert the rest of us to michaeljacksonism... cuz i really don't give a anymore. Like i've said over and over again, none of us said MJ was a bad performer... in fact i'll admit he was a good performer, tho not the perfect all around dancer... but yea he'll always be legendary

bottom line: you're being an ass about it.

grow up

iH0p
By D4LMD
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 05:10 PM
Sometimes is it really hard to listen isn't it (ihop, invent ) .. cause in the end of this big discussion just think about the fact that he is really a much more talented dancer then all of us and u guys .. and that's the point that i want to make clear .. it's not important that i am a fan .. of micheal jacksonism .. where did u get that word from mate ?? get a life an respect the people who deserve it.
There are EB on the end of thriller doing some moves Ihop .. do ur research
By iH0p
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 06:23 PM
Edited by iH0p (102010) on 2004-11-27 18:18:54
im really tired of the stupidity on this forum... well actually just you and poppindoctrine and the useless posts.

so from here on out, im off this forum for good

best wishes damonk, wackyny, kabdancer, bboyscribbles, scorp, skip, invent, and anybody else i may have forgotten to mention (sorry). much respect to u guys and ur patience. i learned a lot from your posts. keep 'em coming. (and what happened to my girl glitterfairy... you're supposed to be helping me represent the non-freaking female hip hoppers :( )

bye guys

iH0p
By Invent
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:23 PM
D4LMD... you ARE IGNORANT.
Invent
READ THIS
By D4LMD
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 07:53 AM
Ihop what are you complaning about mannnn ?? , because i have an opinion !!

That's what this site's all about .. people's opinions about dancing and giving eachother good information !!

so i think ihop you are pathetic ..
We dont need you on this site !

for the rest who reads this topic ..
check this site : streetwalkin.info !!

it has great free dance videos !

invent maybe i'f you can send some videos of you freestyling .. we can post a couple on the site so people can see it !!

D4LMD
By Invent
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:44 PM
iH0p is one of the most intelligent opinionated persons on this forum.
I must say, that you D4, have not been able to look at facts or opinions... YES, some of the EBs WERE in thriller. But THEY DID NOT DO BOOGALOO in that video. That's wut u were originally refering to. Now... iH0p is aware EBs were in the video... YOU MISS THE POINT. Yea... they did some POPPING, but not boogaloo...
and again... MJ didn't make any dances famous. He might have popularized SOME moves... but popping has been a well know dance since the late 60's. So I think you should do some research.

About your website... Did you get Mr. Wiggles permission to use clips of him??? Also... I'll see if i submit something... seeing as how Im not a "streetwalker...." I dont think it'd matter.

And you're a mean mean person.
Invent
By D4LMD
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 01:50 PM
if mr wiggles is gonna make a problem out of some dance movies where he pops some sick moves .. i dunno .. , then i'll put them off ..
Ihop may be a intell .. but i can't really see that in his reply's.
As for you invent .. , probably you're a way better dancer then me .. we have different opinions .. , but i didn't state that there was a boogaloo style in thriller where did u get that from ?
I only said that there were EB in it.

Hopefully you'll send some movies .. and people can enjoy seeing some great free moves 2 learn from !!
By Invent
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 02:33 PM
You can get a hold of wiggles at mrwiggleseb@cox.net... it's generally just nice to ask... or ask on his forum...
I just know that there are many dancers out there who do not like having their clips posted without their permission...

And iH0p is a girl... as a matter of fact... she is my girlfriend... a fact that I am VERY proud of. You are simply missing her points... (that's sort of the problem of debating issues like this... everyone is so firm on their stances that they look over the other person's comments...)

Invent
By D4LMD
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 02:45 PM
ihop i'm sorry if i kwne u were a girl i wouldn't be so rude .. but hey some people just post dumb reply and i got to defend my arguments just like everybody else ..
i'll mail mr. wiggles to ask him .. !!
great that i can mail such a fantastic dancer !!

greets
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch