Forum: Folk / Folk - General

Greek Dancing
By tiptaptoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Nov 04, 2004 04:29 PM

I just wanted to know if anybody here does Greek Dancing and where you do it! Im in the Messinian Dance Group of Toronto, Canada and Paradosi Hellenic Dance Company, also in Toronto.

10 Replies to Greek Dancing

re: Greek Dancing
By specialballerina
On Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:03 PM
Hi. I live in Australia and I just gave up greek dancing. I didnt like my teacher. It was fun and easy tho, but i hated the costumes.
By nerangie
On Wed Jan 12, 2005 03:53 PM
Hi! I am from Greece so I know a lot of Greek dances. I used to dance as a student at easyschool, and , yes, most of them are preety easy (the steps I mean). Are you Greek? Which dances do you know??
By nerangie
On Wed Jan 12, 2005 03:55 PM
* at school, I mean
On Wed Jan 12, 2005 09:34 PM
ive been doing dances from the south for most of my life, stuff like kalamatiano, levendiko, mantilatos, tsamiko and also stuff from sterea ellada and thrace. Most recently though i joined a dance group and have begun to do dances from macedonia and pontos too (like kots, dipat, letsina etc.) How about u?
Greek Dancing
By I_wana_dance
On Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:22 PM
I've never done greek dancing, but I think it would be nice to try. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who does it.
By fuego7_mariamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 16, 2005 09:47 AM
hey!
I am from Greece and I know many greek dances (they are hundreds!!)
there are many companies abroad (from the greek minority) that teach greek dances. you should ask for info!!
greek dances are really fun to try
By madlyinlove
On Tue Feb 15, 2005 03:23 PM
hey there!
i was wondering if anyone here knows a good website with instructions to some greek dances? cause my boyfriend is greek and at all the parties everyone dances, and last time i was thrown into the circle and basically forced to learn it. it was awesome once i got the hang of it, but would like to learn some more for future dances. any one know of any? thanks a million!
On Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:24 PM
Hey madlyinlove!
I actually just recently found a great website for what your looking for. It's greekdancing.org and lots of people from all around the world use it. They range from pros to amateurs so you can easily go on there and ask a question about anything related to greek dancing! The format is similar to this website in that you make posts and wait for helpful people to answer your questions. Let me know if you need more info or help!
Happy Dancing!
By madlyinlove
On Wed Feb 16, 2005 04:06 PM
thanks so much! im going to check it out right away :)
teachers
By stella24
On Wed Feb 16, 2005 05:37 PM
hello there,
we send greek teachers all around the world for seminars, and culture infos, so if anyone wants can arrange a group and one of us will be there! thank u

ReplySendWatch