Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Competiting in a 5 step Hornpipe
By tartanlady
On Sun Nov 07, 2004 04:54 PM

What steps and breaks would you use if you were competiting in a 5 step Hornpipe??
I would keep my steps basic but a polished routine as if you try for more difficulty then it all can go pear shaped on the dancer..
And also it depends on the age of the dancer too!!!!
What are all your views????

7 Replies to Competiting in a 5 step Hornpipe

re: Competiting in a 5 step Hornpipe
By Ceilidh_DancePremium member
On Sun Nov 07, 2004 05:40 PM
I think that would totally depend on the ability of the dancer. His or her teacher is probably the best judge of that
By highland_QT29member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 07, 2004 05:44 PM
Hey
Yep, I would say thats up to the teacher. Some dancers are better at some steps then others. GGood luck finding some good steps for you to do though!

Chantelle
By ghilliegirl1592member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Dec 07, 2004 05:54 PM
i would test out whats best
pic steps that the dancer is good at and that look good but dont get them tired, i agree though talk with teachers and think about what they've done in the past, what can they get through
~hope this helps..... good luck
By born2dance451
On Sat Jan 01, 2005 07:36 PM
when i do a 5 step hornpipe( i dont compete in it but i still do it sometimes) i do the normal 1st step, the shuffle 2nd step, double shake and rock 4th step,i forget what the step is called, but you go down with your toes together and come up on your heels with them apart( sorry i am not very descriptive) then i would do high cuts. but that is just me.
By born2dance451
On Sat Jan 01, 2005 07:41 PM
my 5th step is the pumping step, sorry i am a begginer and i do not know the step names
By anniedance
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 04:03 PM
my two most favourite hornpipe is the down and up step and the scissor cutting steps
By dancin_charlies
On Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:43 PM
I just do the stpes i know and like best and do the hardest ones at the beginning to save my energy for the hicuts!

ReplySendWatch