Forum: Irish / Irish - Technique & Training

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
EVERYONE: PLEASE BE DESCRIPTIVE!!! (karma: 3)
By Saoirse
On Thu Nov 25, 2004 03:59 AM
Made sticky by MIClogger (28613) on 2004-11-29 20:31:32

Hi everyone,
I would just like to remind everyone that the title to your post should be descriptve! Things like: "help!" "woooh!""Hellooooo" "hey" are not descriptive, and there are many many topics like that here, and I personally have noticed that this is happening more than ever recently. I don't read all posts, and I think everyone uses the same system as me: reading what interests you. If I read "help" I think it might be about a broken ankle, so I would read it, and then it's about finding a teacher in Colorado. Of no interest to me and I can't help anyway. If it had been titled "need help finding a teacher in Colorado" the people who know anything about this would read it! And you will find the people who can help you better!
If this only happened occasionally, I wouldn't mind, but lately I spend a lot of my time opening topics I'm not interested in, and cannot answer anyway, and I have less time to answer those I want to answer.
There is a reason why it says over the title field: Please be descriptive!
I'm posting this on all the Irish boards and I hope all people read it and we have less of the "hey" posts.
No offense to anyone, it just makes life a lot easier if everyone makes that little effort.:)

26 Replies to EVERYONE: PLEASE BE DESCRIPTIVE!!!

re: EVERYONE: PLEASE BE DESCRIPTIVE!!!
By dancing_spazmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:48 PM
ooh! agreed. this should be made a sticky.
EVERYONE: PLEASE BE DESCRIPTIVE!!!
By bre_2_3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 06:13 PM
or just put it at the top of the page as a reminder...
By SlipJiginmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:48 PM
I agree.

But Saoirse, maybe you should have contacted the Mods and told them your request... instead of posting on every single Irish board saying the same thing.

Joey
By EireRincemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 01:56 AM
Newbie attack here: What is a sticky? Is that a highly recommended post? How do you make a sticky?

Irishdancemom
By Saoirse
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 01:35 PM
Okay, I'll contact the mods next week! Silly me always forgets about the mods... :)
By OvertheOcean
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 03:31 PM
Lol, a sticky is a post that stays at the top of the board, so even if no one responds, it doesn't move down to the bottom.
By Oireachandroll
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 07:12 PM
true, but did you have to say it on every board?
By Saoirse
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 01:26 AM
Some people only read certain boards. As I said, silly me should have contacted the mods instead. It was well meant, sorry if anyone got annoyed by the repeated post.
By irishdancer89member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 01, 2004 07:21 AM
Yeah I agree I hate it when ppl write help or confused......I myself have done it before but stopped due to the fact that it isn't very descriptive.... thanx for posting!
By SlipJiginmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 01, 2004 07:27 AM
Sorry if I sounded as if I was attacking you, Saoirse. You're right though not everyone reads every single board. And this is happening a loooot, it's getting a bit annoying.

Thanks for contacting the Mods. ;)

Joey
By gaelicgirl123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Dec 16, 2004 07:17 PM
seriously, thanks for bringing that to our attention.
I agree
By feet_of_flames
On Sun Dec 19, 2004 01:09 AM
I agree to usually i dont even put anything in the subject box but now i know it might be a good idea thanx
By irish_jenn
On Tue Dec 28, 2004 08:23 PM
i couldn't agree with you more! even though i AM a newbie and ahev only posted one topic, it's all good 4 me! I think ou have a good point, for everyone to be descriptive. That way, when someone wants to reply, it gives them a minor break on what to give advice for.
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 14, 2005 02:04 PM
Hi
I agree with you all. I think we should be more descriptive so that we can understand what the subject of the post is. Like Saoirse points out that some of the posts are a little misleading, but i'm sure after reading this people will understand how confused people are getting.
xxClairexx
By grahamgirl
On Thu Apr 14, 2005 04:12 PM
ya
By Irlandes
On Sat May 07, 2005 07:43 PM
I agree... i wish life was more like that , then maybe there wouldn't be so many misunderstandings...
By maureensiobhan
On Sun May 08, 2005 09:59 AM
Amen, Saoirse. That rule does get ignored too often. I saw a topic title on here called "hiya, do you like...". What were we to understand by that? I had to get onto that topic title to see what the topic was about. Also, as if this hasn't been emphasized enough, please refrain from using the netspeak. I saw in one post here ppl (I think that must have meant "people"), and thanx (I think that must have meant "thanks"), and in another post I saw 4 (I think that must have meant "for"). No netspeak is another dance.net rule as well as to be descriptive in the topic titles that I see gets ignored too often.
By lacey_graham69
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:41 PM
I agree with you!
By summerlovin
On Sat Jun 18, 2005 05:20 PM
I completely agree. And I hope that everyone who wasn't being very descriptive is getting the hint! :0
By Lizard13member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:11 AM
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2005-06-19 17:37:17 star farming is not allowed on DDN
Ok I'm glad you feel like that.
~Lizzie
re: EVERYONE: PLEASE BE DESCRIPTIVE!!! (karma: 1)
By irishmoon
On Fri Jul 15, 2005 08:25 PM
who really cares? i mean just don't look. maybe if it says help.
re: everyone: please be descriptive!!!
By Dancer_em_2k7member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 09:49 AM
This Is A Really Good Idea..
By IrishDanceEviE
On Sat Dec 15, 2007 02:36 PM
Irlandes wrote:

I agree... i wish life was more like that , then maybe there wouldn't be so many misunderstandings...

LOL So true!
By becca1825
On Fri May 07, 2010 12:09 PM
I agree completely. I never look at posts with stupid titles.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch