Forum: Advice / Support

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: Safe Alternatives to Self-Injury
By DeliriousDream21 Comments: 1005, member since Sat Mar 26, 2005
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 05:25 PM
I hope these help people because sadly none of them seem better to me than cutting.

By angeldancer21 Comments: 33, member since Wed Aug 17, 2005
On Tue Aug 30, 2005 08:11 AM
i just want to say that it is a possible to stop cutting ,
i havent cut myself in almost two years now . it was really hard work but in the end i managed to stop with the help of my therapist and also on my own using coping alternatives like the ones posted above,

if anyone needs help and support and or need someone to talk to whenever you have the urge to cut , please pm me i know what you are going through im a recovered self harmer i thought i was not going to be able to stop cutting myself but i did and im proud of myself for how far i have come in my recovery, i still struggle with eating disorder issues but im recovering. please dont hesitate to pm me or even email me , i want to help you all. i know what you are all going through.

take care and stay safe

love maria
By SexyBallerina00member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 284, member since Wed Oct 20, 2004
On Sat Sep 17, 2005 07:00 PM
THIS POST WAS SOOOO HELPFUL TO ME!!!! Thanks soo much
KARMA!
I'm going to try all of the things as alternatives instead of cutting myself. :)
THANKS soooooo mutch again!!!!!
mutch Luv
Angie
By balletbomshellmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 135, member since Tue Aug 30, 2005
On Sun Oct 02, 2005 03:04 AM
thanks ballet_dancer_
powerful post
By Eninajmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 220, member since Sun Oct 02, 2005
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 01:32 AM
thanks so much for this. I am a really addictive cutter and my friends are always bothering me about stopping but they don't understand how hard it is to stop and how hard it is to find alternatives. i will definitly try some of your safe alternatives next time i have an urge to cut.
By Jadamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1491, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Sun Sep 02, 2007 08:24 PM
thank you. I don't cut. I hopefully never will. I hit...as in I hit myself. I go through spurts...I wont do it for a few months, then all of a sudden, I get mad and I hit myself. I started in 5th grade. I'm in 9th now. I know its not as severe as cutting, but to me, its just as terrible. Thank you, I'll definitly try some of these. I also like to slam doors (or pound on the ground...idk, but the sound makes me feel better) and I'll punch my pillow and my bed. So thank you again! I'd karma you but I haven't posted 50 times yet...I'm close, but still not there. Thank you agin!
By stripedballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 380, member since Wed Jul 20, 2005
On Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:28 PM
I used to be a cutter, luckily I came out of that before it got really serious, I can't remember the last time I did it I think it was sometime last year, but I still have those moments when all I wanna do is to take a razorblade (that sounded bad)... anyways, thank you for your post, those things really help, I will think of you next time I have one of those moments.
By DanceInTheRainmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 117, member since Wed May 30, 2007
On Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:13 PM
THANK YOU!
People that are VERY close to me used to cut(thank God she doesn't do it anymore!) and this would have really helped 2 years ago. I was so scared when she told me! Everytime something dissapointing would happen I was scared she would try to hurt herself! she had so many scars! =[[
If anyone is thinking about cutting...PLEASE don't do it! I know it may seem like no one is willing to listen...that's <i>not</i> true! Please don't do it1 It really doesn't help at all...except for adding scras to your arms!
By megzi Comments: 558, member since Wed Jun 20, 2007
On Sun Oct 14, 2007 01:41 PM
Thank You.
By LoveMeForevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 341, member since Sun May 20, 2007
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:06 PM
Thank you so much for these!! They help so much in so many ways. They help me when I'm feeling stressed and want to throw up (I have actually used the rubber band one for a while because my ballet teacher suggested I do it to stop purging) and they help to relive stress. I'm not really a cutter....I have cut 2 times... but they were really small. I've actually never told anyone that. What keeps me from doing it is just the plain fact that I don't want people to see it. Like, all during the day the first time,I was just fine untill I got to dance...then I had to find a sweater that I could wear in class and I had to wear it the whole time and was constantly tugging the sleve down. I just don't want people who don't know me to look at me and make an assumption about me I guess. I think it's terrible that people would judge people that way, but it happens. It's the reason why people don't get help for things like cutting and eating disorders. They are just too ashamed in our society, and they shouldn't be. Trust me everyone, there are people out there that care about you and want to help you!! Stay strong!
By mandyhan Comments: 61, member since Thu Jun 12, 2008
On Fri Jun 13, 2008 03:38 PM
great post,
but is it weird for some one to not want to quit? i love cutting sometimes, and even though i know it's bad...i just don't want to stop. i've gotten a lot better, i used to do it almost every day and now i'm down to like once every other month, if even. It's just a part of me and i don't want to get rid of it i guess.
By TwinkleToes1234 Comments: 1, member since Sat Nov 01, 2008
On Sat Nov 01, 2008 04:18 PM
Your post was helpful... I am proud to say that I havent cut (w/help) since June 2008 after cutting almost everyday since December 2004. Yes it is hard but i ask myself every time i get the urge "Do you really want another permanent scar to add to your collection???"
By thenextfonteyn42 Comments: 419, member since Sat May 12, 2007
On Wed Nov 05, 2008 06:21 PM
Thanks for the article! I'm a self-injurer and I haven't told anyone I know about it. So when I'm about to cut, I think of all the people I know I'd be letting down if they knew I cut myself and I stop. But I love those alternatives also!
By GumbyGirl1990 Comments: 101, member since Wed Jul 23, 2008
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:57 PM
Thanks for this...it is such a sweet and caring post. :) It's always great to see people show that they care and offer advice to those in need.
By StrengthHopeLove Comments: 13, member since Tue May 03, 2011
On Sun May 08, 2011 09:22 PM
So glad this is Sticky. What a great list of safe alternatives to self injurious behavior! Sometimes, you feel like you have no other choice, like self-harm is the only way to express yourself or feel better. This list is full of tried and true ways to beat self injury!
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch