Forum: General / Welcome

Welcome
Virtual International School of Dance! (karma: 2)
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:40 PM
Made sticky by MIClogger (28613) on 2004-12-01 23:27:52

Hey Everyone!

For everyone who is new to dance.net, you may not have experienced the VIS section of the site.

VIS stands for Virtual International School of Dance. It a full role-play forum and contains dorms, departments and sororities, and you put on performances, fashion shows, get to do online classes and meet some new fantastic people! So here is VIS in a nutshell:

All you need to know about joining up!

VIS is free to join (Yes FREE!!! We all love that word…) and is A LOT of fun. It’s also a fabulous way to meet other members of dance.net and participate in some online activities!

Who are the “Big-Kahuna’s” of VIS?

VIS President ~ sungurl20
VIS Vice President ~ dancerbabe588
VIS Dorm Head ~ danceangle120
VIS Department Head ~ Dancergrl4997
VIS Publicist(s) ~ DancePrincess827 and dancerat
VIS Events Committee ~ dancerat, sungurl20, dancing_supastar, and danceangel120

VIS is made up of Dorms and Departments

The 4 dorms are:

Arabesque Dorm: dance.net . . .
Attitude Dorm: dance.net . . .
Fouette Dorm: dance.net . . .
Plie I Dorm: dance.net . . .

In these dorms you’re able to have your room with roommates! Each dorm has different qualities and it’s all interactive. There is virtual role-play, such as sleep overs, parties, balls, and “holidays” where we all plan to visit a place, like Hawaii or something!

The departments are as follows:

(courtesy of sungurl20’s post on VIS)

Academic Department: dance.net . . .
In this department you can take classes such as creative writing, baking, dance vocab, fashion design and many more! Just go to the link and sign up for the classes you want to take.

Ballet Department: dance.net . . .
Here is where we hold such classes as ballet, combo, pre-pointe, pointe, pas de deux, and many more! To join these classes go to the link and sign up in the registration form.

Drama Department: dance.net . . .
Here you can take classes such as improv, musical theatre, drama, voice classes, tech side of drama, and much more! Just go to one of the sign up sheets, post and participate!

Irish/Highland Department: dance.net . . .
Here you can take heaps of different classes having to do with Irish and highland.

Jazz Department: dance.net . . .
Here there are classes in technique(advanced and beginners/intermediate), choreography(adv. and beg./int.), and Hip-Hop! If you’re into jazz it is a great department! Just go to one of the many sign ups and sign up.

Lyrical Department: dance.net . . .
Here is where you can take, you guessed it, lyrical! Just drop by and sign-up on one of the forms!

Music Department: dance.net . . .
This is a great department with music classes such as performance groups, music theory, instrumental studies and many more! Just drop by and sign up.

Tap Department: dance.net . . .
Here is where you can take tap! It’s got a class for all levels! Just drop by and sign-up up for your specific level!

Not all classes work the same! Some request homework, some have other sites, and some are just simple role playing! Just read up on some past classes and see if they are for you.

You can even be a teacher at VIS!

Join A Company!

There are even Virtual Dance Companies, and they put on performances. You can participate by joining a company and dancing, or even helping out with the making of programmes, costumes or choreography!

Once again, as from sungurl20’s post some information on the companies:

Dance.net Ballet Theatre (DNBT): dance.net . . .
In this company everyone rotates positions. So for one show you might be the principal dancer, and for the next show you might be doing costumes! In this company, everyone gets to experience all of the different parts of a company.

Pointe by Pointe: dance.net . . .
In this company, they have already cast all of the principal and solo dancers, but you are still welcome to join the corps. The dancing parts stay the same but on each show, different people do different backstage jobs.

VIS Dance Team: dance.net . . .
This is a dance and performing team for the whole VIS that mainly focuses on jazz and lyrical. They have already placed everyone on their teams, but if you sign up I’m sure she would put you on a team!
VIS Sorority

At VIS, like in some collages, we too have a sorority. The correct definition of a sorority is:

so•ror•i•ty
n. pl. so•ror•i•ties
1. A chiefly social organization of women students at a college or university, usually designated by Greek letters.
2. An association or a society of women.

That’s what we are. A society of females  The sorority at Dance.net is called Delta Pi Omega, also known as DPO. Within this sorority, we get together and have balls, parties, sleep outs, trips, and more. We also have a pet, colours, and a sorority house. This house a place where we can all veg out after a hard day’s dancing (or gossiping…) and we regularly have a movie night!

Feeling Hungry?
Then visit Le Barre! Le Barre is VIS’s virtual cafeteria/café! With updated menus, and breakfast/lunch/dinner parties held regularly, there is always something to suit everyones taste!

To see a full overview of VIS, go to sungurl20’s post www.dance.net . . . and join up today! Remember, ayone can join. So head on over today!!!

11 Replies to Virtual International School of Dance!

re: Virtual International School of Dance!
By Rinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2059, member since Wed Apr 21, 2004
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 03:43 PM
Hey, i was just coming in here to do this, for I am Plie Dorms Pubicist and i would like for all newcomers to check out our dorm...Plie is always open to new members. It would be awesome if you checked us out! Pokeystar here seems to have covered everything else!

see you around!

SARAH
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Sun Nov 28, 2004 08:46 PM
Edited by MIClogger (28613) on 2004-12-24 00:16:11 ya spelled my name wrong, ya goof! :)
Oops! Sorry for stealing you job ;) I had written one about DPO and Theresa suggested someone write one about VIS to put on the welcome board....and last night I was trying to avoid writing an essay so I write that instead ;)
By groovytwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14170, member since Fri Dec 26, 2003
On Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:30 PM
Thanks for writing, you have thought a lot about that :D
By sungurl20 Comments: 2938, member since Sat Oct 18, 2003
On Thu Dec 23, 2004 09:34 AM
Yay! I've been trying to have one of these up for a while! Come join VIS everyone!

~*Jessica*~
By zatani Comments: 78, member since Sat Sep 24, 2005
On Wed Jan 02, 2008 02:59 AM
i'd like to join. how do I go about doing that?
By BalletDiva95 Comments: 27, member since Thu Apr 30, 2009
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 09:20 AM
okay that was wierd but all the ' dorm ' links ended up on the home page :)hehe i actually thought they were separate links :)
By PassionDance Comments: 35, member since Tue Aug 24, 2010
On Fri Aug 27, 2010 03:01 PM
I'm not sure I get it completely, but it sounds interesting, so I figured I'd understand better by seeing what it is and even joining, but when I clicked on the Jazz one, I was sent back to the main page, is it because I am still too much of a newbie?
By arthurdance Comments: 1, member since Wed Feb 02, 2011
On Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 AM
its very informatic......thanks for such post

www.arthurmurraydanceschools.com
By pointshoe16 Comments: 175, member since Fri Apr 13, 2012
On Fri Feb 15, 2013 03:48 AM
Could somebody post thr link to the ballet class one and tge plie dorm please id like to join :)
By Alassin_Sanemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 266, member since Tue Dec 28, 2010
On Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 AM
^As far as I'm aware, VIS isn't running at the moment, I'm afraid. A member did revive it fairly recently, but had to stop because of other commitments.

If you like, you could always go through some of the old classes that were posted, they are still up there. The ballet department can be found at www.dance.net . . ..

Hope that helps a bit.
By pointshoe16 Comments: 175, member since Fri Apr 13, 2012
On Fri Feb 15, 2013 01:13 PM
Oh, ok :( that's sad. Thanks though!

ReplySendWatch