Forum: Advice / GLBT PG-13

GLBT PG-13
Our Resource Links (karma: 2)
By Ayamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3884, member since Mon Jun 16, 2003
On Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:35 AM
Made sticky by balletgurl (11968) on 2004-12-05 10:34:51

hrc.org
The HRC is a never exhausting resource of issues affecting the GLBT population in the United States.

iglhrc.org
Then, of course, there is the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission. Same basic idea as the HRC but with a global outreach.

planetout.com
PlanetOut has decent news. They also have chats and message boards and pride shopping and entertainment catergories that are worth looking through. Not my favourite site, but the favourite of many.

queerday.com
Queer Day is just an amazing resource of the news relating the GLBT community. Even if it was just a tiny snippet in some small town's paper, you can probably find it here.

technodyke.com
By [their] simple standards, if you know how to turn on a computer, and you're a woman who loves women... (bi/trans/curious included!!!!) you're a Techno Dyke! (And, if you're looking at this, then you can definitely assume the title.) The site has a little bit of everything, with fantastic forums, and a fun design.

queertheory.com
Queer Theory is a listing resource, providing visual and textual resources relating to queer fields.

rainbowquery.com
Rainbow Query is one of the many GLBT search engines. It's a fairly good one.

queerfilter.com
Queer filter is a listing of GLBT weblogs and personal sites.

pflag.org
PFLAG, or Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays is an amazing support group for... parents and friends of the GLBT community. This is really a wonderful organization. I can't say enough about it.

Anyone else, feel free to add any links that are your favourites and whatnot. This is not meant to be a definitive list by any means, but rather just the start of one to get the ball rolling.

^ All taken from the original post by Jenny. Any reply links will need to be readded.

7 Replies to Our Resource Links

re: Our Resource Links
By Sparkz_NzPremium member Comments: 2358, member since Mon Jun 10, 2002
On Sun Dec 05, 2004 03:30 PM
Edited by Sparkz_Nz (29881) on 2004-12-05 16:58:52
Copied from soliloquy:

Remembered a few...

www.nclrights.org
The National Center for Lesbian Rights is a "national legal resource center with a primary commitment to advancing the rights and safety of lesbians and their families through a program of litigation, public policy advocacy, free legal advice and counseling, and public education." They aren't entirely lesbian-centric though.

gaywebmonkey.com
GayWebMonkey describes itself as "a fun and irreverent look at what's cool and what's new on the Gay & Lesbian Internet!" I don't really spend enough time there to explain them though, so you'll have to check it out.

www.proudparenting.com
If you're interested in starting a family, or already have, Proud Parenting is a great resource. The articles are always worth a read and the community is pretty active.

----
Some wonderful orginizations:
(posted by vandora)

ACLU, NGLTF, PFlag, Lambda Legal, Link and Think, Million For Marriage

Also:

Gay Wired ,Empty Closets
By tapcat601 Comments: 1480, member since Mon Dec 30, 2002
On Mon Dec 06, 2004 05:25 AM
YAY! the stickie returns!!!
By luvNdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 569, member since Fri Aug 06, 2004
On Wed Dec 22, 2004 03:59 PM
Thanks For the site help!!!!
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Tue Dec 28, 2004 01:27 PM
OutProud
The National Coalition for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Youth. Lots of resources.

Youth Resource
A project of advocates for GLBTQ youth. I haven't given this site the read through it deserves, but what I've looked over alone makes it worth the visit.

Safe Schools Coalition
"The Safe Schools Coalition offers resources as a starting point for educators, parents/guardians and youth."

More to come later. I really wish other people would take some initiative on this too, though...
By Pasdekatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6900, member since Sat Dec 29, 2001
On Tue Dec 28, 2004 08:39 PM
www.whosoever.org . . .
Warning: This is of a religious nature.
re: Our Resource Links (karma: 2)
By vandoraPremium member Comments: 907, member since Sat Jul 31, 2004
On Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:24 PM
Edited by vandora (101603) on 2005-01-11 22:15:57
re: Our Resource Links (karma: 2)
By vandoraPremium member Comments: 907, member since Sat Jul 31, 2004
On Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:27 PM
More (the links stopped linking after so many... ??)

Rights/Issues/Hate Crimes

www.stophate.us
www.shame.org
equal-rights.lesbigay.com
www.gayvote.com
www.turnleft.com . . .
www.qrd.org . . .
www.xq.com . . .
www.soulforce.org
www.prideatwork.org
members.tripod.com . . . (Creating safe schools)
www.hatecrime.org
www.lambda.org . . .

Homophobia

www.actwin.com . . .
www.ohanlan.com . . .
www.religioustolerance.org . . .

Straights

www.avert.org . . . (What do gay and lesbians do?)

General

www.gaywired.com
www.ruralgay.com
www.enqueue.com . . .
www.hurricane.net . . .
www.gayreading.com
www.gfn.com
www.geocities.com . . .
www.apa.org . . .

Any broken links, sorry.

I couldn't find much geared towards gay males, anyone know of any?

(Wow, that was a LOT of work.)

ReplySendWatch