Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Professionals

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Welcome to the Professional Jazz Forum please introduce yourself
By DancerofSweden Comments: 75, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:09 AM
Hello!
I am a Swedish dancer, but I don't really call myself "professional" even though I guess I am. It just doesn't feel right to call me that, after all, I'm only fifteen years old. I don't go to school anymore, I dance for the living. I teach one hiphop-class and three jazz-classes and I get paid for doing shows and musical.
I've danced since I was one year old and I dance disco, hiphop (ragga, house, locking & popping), ballet, jazz, showdance, lyrical jazz and contemporary.
By dancerbaby246member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 518, member since Mon May 05, 2003
On Fri Jan 25, 2008 02:13 PM
i've been dancing for 16 years and I'm paid to be a can-can dancer at a western theme park! i love it!
By pointegrl22 Comments: 68, member since Fri Oct 24, 2008
On Fri Jan 16, 2009 04:23 PM
I am sorry, I am in 8th grade. I can't say anything here!
By Kittyvc123 Comments: 14, member since Sat Jul 19, 2008
On Wed Sep 30, 2009 08:59 AM
heya ...
i´m dancing since forever ...haha ;)
well i´m dancing in the Company of the Opera in Nürnberg (Germany) and i simply love my job!
i going to move to Denver, CO soon so ...maybe i will meet some people from over there here :)

Kitty :)
By Mustang80 Comments: 83, member since Sun Dec 12, 2004
On Sun Aug 15, 2010 03:56 PM
Hey this is pretty cool.
Let me start by saying my name is John. I am professional dancer. In many styles not just jazz or ballet. I worked for busch gardens in tampa bay for two years as a dancer there and now am on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner for Peter Grey Terhune Productions. Next contract is with royal caribb. on the Navigator of the seas. Just figured i would introduce myself... So hey!
By JamesRobeyDance Comments: 21, member since Fri Sep 10, 2010
On Fri Sep 10, 2010 09:33 PM
Hi - I am a teacher, choreographer, dancer and writer who has worked in theater jazz and concert jazz dance. I have taught jazz dance in New York City, at the Hartt School at the University of Hartford and at the University of Akron. I am author/creator of the James Robey Jazz Dance Technique & Syllabus. My jazz dance classes are influenced strongly by Jack Cole, Matt Mattox, Priscilla Wagner, Gus Giordano, and Lester Horton. I am a two-time finalist in the Jazz Dance World Congress Choreographic Event.
By Vibrations Comments: 101, member since Mon Jun 27, 2011
On Mon Jun 27, 2011 03:20 PM
Edited by Vibrations (237489) on 2011-06-27 15:21:54
Hello :) I have been dancing for many, many years (I'm an older dancer), ballet, jazz, tap, though I can't do tap anymore much because one of my knees decided it would no longer cooperate lol. Most recently, I am beginning my own jazz dance company for older male/female dancers (30 years old and above) who still want to dance professionally.

I'm also offering dance training with the company to adults who have no training to minimum training in jazz to eventually promote them into the company. My choreography is inspired by Luigi and Fosse. We will be based in NYC and I plan to kick butt with this company lol.

This forum is great!
By misssplits95 Comments: 32, member since Sun Aug 28, 2011
On Mon Oct 03, 2011 03:51 PM
hi,
iam 16 years old and have been dancing since i was 4.
i do jazz, tap,contemporay, acrobatics and stretch,
my favourite style is contemporay and i also like jazz.

please reply and tell me your favourite style :)
By iDanceProduction Comments: 9, member since Thu Apr 26, 2012
On Wed May 16, 2012 01:34 AM
Hi. I am iDance Productions. We are the first ever international dance competition! We love jazz. It is one of the most popular forms of competitive dance! Check us out if you are interested in competing online. We launch our first competition on may 28th. idance-productions.com
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch