Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3
re: READ ME: About rudeness and arguments
By NeoSoulchildmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1488, member since Sun Dec 26, 2004
On Tue Feb 22, 2005 05:27 PM
Thank you so much for that post, linh. I couldn't have said it better!

I have my opinions, but I love hearing others' opinions as well. I love a good debate, because it's mental stimulation and I love learning new things. That's a mature trait to have; to be able to hear someone else's thoughts and opinions. Someone might correct me or tell me something I didn't kow that might change my mind on an issue. That's the beauty of it. Hope i made since! lol.
By babypear Comments: 138, member since Thu Jan 13, 2005
On Thu Mar 10, 2005 01:19 PM
Removed by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-03-10 17:50:12 Words such as know and what need to be spelled out in full, as typing no and wot is using netslang.
i didnt even no wot the mod button was for lol! so thanks for informing me =D

much love, babypear xx
By Ebo1on1 Comments: 166, member since Sat Mar 12, 2005
On Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:35 AM
Please Help! I never found out what sticky meant. Please tell me!

Comment #3208285 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2009-03-29 10:28:35 old old old april fool's!

By sophiechick Comments: 89, member since Thu Apr 28, 2005
On Sun May 15, 2005 01:55 PM
Removed by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-05-20 22:34:08 Netslang. Please spell out words in full.
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING RUDE JUST LET IT PASS!! it may be because of all different reason that arnt meant to offen!! such as...sarcasum...OR PMT!!cummon girls i know that you all know wat im sayin!!lol

just think..(As writer formally said)
By chazzygirl10Premium member Comments: 398, member since Thu Jun 14, 2007
On Sun Sep 23, 2007 03:40 PM
correct! I now feel at home, as its all going on in my family
OH! wait a minute! school, dancing,super market, cornershop,nextdoor,park oh1know thats life yes iam in the right place

thankyou
chazzy
By XxKacixX Comments: 1302, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Sun Mar 29, 2009 07:18 AM
Thank you, Its so true!
Ruth
xxx
By llane Comments: 1, member since Thu Jul 16, 2009
On Thu Jul 16, 2009 07:45 PM
No, people don't have time to waste arguing. The world would be a much better place if you all spent your time more productively.. what is with the hostility in so many??

People do not post in forums to be debated or argued with. First of all, it is a huge waste of time and energy better spent helping people like the homeless, etc. You are not going to change anyone's opinion . Change comes from within.

..And the word 'dude' FOR ALL THE YOUNG LADIES ON HERE, was invented and used in the 1980's, we used it in 1984, so it is not new . This overused word shows a lack of ladylike behavior and a lack of self-respect. We don't know what younger people are so angry about, but it's not our problem. Speak to a therapist. Your behavior is not acceptable, anywhere. You are a lady. Act like one. SELF RESPECT and respect for others. You first must have self-respect and conduct yourself in the manner of one who cares about themselves. This means refraining from words like 'wtf' (again, shows very limited vocabulary) and why is no one ever 'laughing their head off?' Where did you learn that crude terms for sex or body parts are acceptable? My parents taught that bathroom humor is childish beyond the age of 5, so not sure what the world's obsession is with these words.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:18 AM
^Um....okay?!? There are many times when people's opinion has changed or they have looked at something more objectively after being involved in a discussion on this website. While it is nice to preach to us about using our time more productively, you are a new member with one post and you don't know our community, so until you spend more time here I don't think you should be judging all the members and their lack of self respect or use of the word "dude." Is that really that big of a deal?
re: READ ME: About rudeness and arguments (karma: 2)
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:29 AM
@ llane...

Dude... really? I mean wtf. Like totally omg and stuff. :P

But seriously, you're going to start a completely random argument in the middle of the "about rudeness and arguments" sticky? Irony much? So darlin' get with the times, take a deep breath and know it's teh interwebs. And because I do think you are and will be a troll, I bring you a present!

Image hotlink - 'http://inox.org/demot/TROLLING.jpg'
By Believemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1855, member since Sat Oct 14, 2006
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:39 AM
llane wrote:

No, people don't have time to waste arguing. The world would be a much better place if you all spent your time more productively.. what is with the hostility in so many??

People do not post in forums to be debated or argued with. First of all, it is a huge waste of time and energy better spent helping people like the homeless, etc. You are not going to change anyone's opinion . Change comes from within.

..And the word 'dude' FOR ALL THE YOUNG LADIES ON HERE, was invented and used in the 1980's, we used it in 1984, so it is not new . This overused word shows a lack of ladylike behavior and a lack of self-respect. We don't know what younger people are so angry about, but it's not our problem. Speak to a therapist. Your behavior is not acceptable, anywhere. You are a lady. Act like one. SELF RESPECT and respect for others. You first must have self-respect and conduct yourself in the manner of one who cares about themselves. This means refraining from words like 'wtf' (again, shows very limited vocabulary) and why is no one ever 'laughing their head off?' Where did you learn that crude terms for sex or body parts are acceptable? My parents taught that bathroom humor is childish beyond the age of 5, so not sure what the world's obsession is with these words.

dude, i'm totally lmao'ing at this.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 09:32 AM
LOLWUT

Image hotlink - 'http://www.blendedtechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/sensethispicturemakesnone.jpg'

Dani
By Ampersandmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2702, member since Fri Aug 29, 2003
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:43 AM

And with this photo, I shall make the confused photo trend jump the shark!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:49 AM
Image hotlink - 'http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/imadansuer/Misc/267-cheesedoodles.jpg'

Cheese puff anyone?
By webdeadmasterPremium member Comments: 2400, member since Thu Aug 05, 1999
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:42 PM
llane wrote:

..And the word 'dude' FOR ALL THE YOUNG LADIES ON HERE, was invented and used in the 1980's, we used it in 1984, so it is not new .
From Easy Rider (1969): George Hanson: What's "dude"? Is that like "dude ranch"? Captain America: Dude means nice guy. Dude means a regular sort of person. There's much earlier use, but that reference was hard to resist. Besides, words are not so much "invented" as "coined". If you could invent a word, you would be able to patent it as well.
By Rhanee0Premium member Comments: 7, member since Tue Mar 13, 2012
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 03:41 AM
Hi, I have contacted the moderators twice now (over 10 days ago the first)about letters from a particular women who is telling lies about me and trying to accuse me of Disability Discrimination.
I am taking legal action for Harassement and Deformation of Character.
They have not replied to me or made any sort of comment whatsoever which leads me to think I may have to take legal action in this direction also.
So, what is the point of contacting the moderators??.....
re: READ ME: About rudeness and arguments (karma: 1)
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 03:54 AM
Edited by Louise (29559) on 2012-03-28 03:58:26
Edited by Louise (29559) on 2012-03-28 03:58:48
Edited by Louise (29559) on 2012-03-28 04:09:33
^ Say what? That was your first post on DDN. How is your mail situation anything to do with the moderators? What "woman"? What has it got to do with DDN?

By the way, you mean defamation.

I'll take a cheesepuff. From above the waist area though please, I don't want feety cheesepuffs. Actually I might just buy my own bag and have clean cheesepuffs. They're called Wotsits in Britain. I actually ate a bag yesterday - coincidence? You be the judge.
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 04:23 AM
I shall only explain briefly Louise as you don't seem to understand and I expect most other people do.
I contacted the moderators about this other woman's mail which named me. They have not replied. This was the point I was making.
As I am now taking legal action, I am not at liberty to name her. And, this is not my style.
The rest of your message - well, to be honest, haven't a clue what you are talking about.
Thank you for your opinion anyway....
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 05:17 AM
The cheesepuffs bit was regarding a post one or two above yours.

Perhaps everybody else does understand what you're on about (doubt it) but I fail to see how "a mail naming you" has anything to do with DDN when you have made only two posts on the site and both of them are talking about this, after the fact. Do you have two accounts here or something? I'm not asking you to name anybody. It's simply not clear why DDN is involved and what you're expecting the moderators to do. I don't "seem" to understand because I DON'T understand - you've posted next to nothing in terms of explanation.
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 05:40 AM
I contacted the Moderators and complained (yes, pressed the MOD button under the letters in question).
I actually joined this site because I found the letters in question. These were letters and posts made by this woman saying I had done and said things which are in fact untrue.
I only posted on this page regarding comments 'making complaints directly to Moderators' and not on an open forum.
Having already done this, I want a response from a Moderator someone in authority and by all means, I shall private message all the information. So, if this is the only way to get it - so be it. The information put could ruin my reputation and my business. This is a serious matter and not something for people to make 'clever quips' about. I want these letters removed.
Are you a Moderator or, a member?
re: READ ME: About rudeness and arguments (karma: 1)
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 05:58 AM
Rhanee0 wrote:

I shall only explain briefly Louise as you don't seem to understand and I expect most other people do.

I would venture to say that most people don't understand what the heck you're talking about. I certainly don't. And please don't talk to Louise as if she is mentally impaired. Louise is a longtime and highly respected member, and quite intelligent.
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 06:19 AM
Obviously....

Why are you all so angry?

Yes, you're right - you haven't a clue.
So, shall let the two of you carry on 'debating' etc.
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 06:43 AM
So, let me get this straight...

Someone on dance.net is posting false things about you that can hurt you or your business - libelous information, that is.

You tried to deal with this privately with the moderators through Mod reports, but did not get a response.

So, instead of PMing a Mod or creating a post in "Tell DDN," you bring up an old post from 2004 and start posting vague information, refusing to answer questions as they come up.

Am I right?
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 07:09 AM
Yes - you are right.
However, only up to the point of having contacted the Mod.....
I thought by putting the information on here I may get help in getting the Mod's to respond.
Will not give names and information on a public page so, perhaps is a bit difficult to understand.
I am taking action anyway as I have been receiving letters and emails from her and she put a lot of untrue information on Facebook.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6815, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 07:58 AM
Rhanee0 wrote:

Obviously....

Why are you all so angry?

Yes, you're right - you haven't a clue.
So, shall let the two of you carry on 'debating' etc.

I can't speak for everyone, but I too had an "angry" reaction to most of your posts.

Most of the members here tend to be helpful, supportive, and more than willing to help new members in need of insight. Your post was at best arcane. If you feel anyone has "deformed" your character, perhaps showing yourself to be a reasonable, balanced, adult, might go a great deal further than insulting members attempting to make sense of obscure references we do not understand.

I too am unaware of the defamatory post you referenced, but I must say if your posts here are a fair representation of your communication skills, perhaps blaming the internet for your business failures is a bit dramatic.

Keep On Dancing*
Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch