Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: If it weren't for your gumboots, where would you be?
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Mon Dec 20, 2004 02:47 AM
Yeah. I invited the flamewar thread. But they are too busy yelling at each other ;) so just a chat for us is also cool .. somewhere to write random comments. As long as tomatochick doesn't start lap dancing in here...we should be ok.
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 20, 2004 05:36 PM
Haha, cool.

My Pastor's son's name is Caleb, and my Pastor called him Calleby on Sunday and I was like "That's the coolest name!" and now I love that name lol.

This will be the second page!!
On Mon Dec 20, 2004 09:57 PM
calleby to rhyme with lullaby?

I need food, and I have NONE. I might have a baked potato for dinner. I so NEED to go shopping, but I can't be bothered fighting christmas crowds.. and I'm hungry NOW. Maybe I'll have burger wisconsin.

mmmmmmm burger wis...
On Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:04 PM
Lol, no Calleby, like "Cal" (as in Calvin) "Ib" "Bee" (like the insect thing)

I love Burger Wisconsin. I had it once in Wellington, and my sister and I were thinking of getting it for dinner in Taupo. You should definitely have that.

I'm going to go and re-visit an old post of mine because I'm having a hypoglycemic attack and not quite sure of what I should eat to stop it lol.
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 02:16 AM
Edited by Sparkz_Nz (29881) on 2004-12-21 02:09:52
Edited by Sparkz_Nz (29881) on 2004-12-21 02:13:26
hehe: this I just got in the email:

A KIWI NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

It was the night before Christmas, and all round the bach not a possum was stirring; not one could we catch.
We'd left on the table a meat pie and beer, on hopes that Santa Claus soon would be here.
We children were snuggled up in our bunk beds, While dreams of pavlova danced in our heads;
And Mum in her nightie, and Dad in his shorts, Had just settled down to watch TV sports.
When outside the bach such a hoo-ha arose, I woke up at once from my wonderful doze.
I ran straight to the sliding door, looking about, Jumped out on the deck, and let out a shout!
The fairy lights Dad had strung up around the door let me see everything down to the shore.
And what did I see, when I took a peep? But a miniature tractor and eight tiny sheep.
With a little old driver, his dog on his knee. I knew at once who this joker might be.
He patted his dog, and in a voice not unkind, Cried "Good on ya, boy! Now, GET IN BEHIND!
Now Flossy! now Fluffy! now Shaun and Shane! On Bossy! on Buffy! on Jason and Wayne!
Up that red tree, to the top of the bach! But mind you don't trample the vegetable patch."
So up on the roof those sheep quickly flew, With the tractor of toys, Santa and his dog too.
As my sister awoke and I turned around, In through the window he came with a bound.
He wore a black singlet and little white shorts, And stuck on his feet were gumboots of course;
A sackful of toys he had flung on his back, And he looked like a postie just opening his pack.
His eyes-bright as paua shell - oh, how they twinkled! ,Like an old tuatara, his skin was all wrinkled!
He had a wide face and a round, fat tummy, That looked like he'd eaten lots that was yummy.
He spoke not a word, but got down on one knee, And placed a cricket set under the tree,
A present for Sis, one for Dad, one for Mum, Then he turned and he winked and held up his thumb.
He jumped on his tractor, to his dog he gave a whistle, And away they all flew, as fast as a missile.
I called out "Thanks," as he flew past the gate.

He called back: "Kia ora to all, and good on ya, mate!
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 02:20 AM
Omigosh, that's awesome! Seriously, I'm loving it! Haha, I have to share it with absolutely everyone :D
By Iridescencemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 02:29 AM
Omigosh, I'm gonna read that to my family (all two of them lol). *Sighs* I love New Zealand in summer (not this summer.. this summer's weird :?).
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 02:31 AM
its good eh? and yes I had burger wis for dinner, it's just too easy they are 3 mins walk from here, and I can ring up and then go in the ads. Oh I'm terrible. But I'm scared of going grocery shopping in christmas crowds. So i plan dinner at my dads tomorrow night, then at my mum's the following, then its christmas, and I can get leftovers until monday when the shops open again right?

*fingers crossed*
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 02:33 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me!
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 02:40 AM
this summer my dear OliveMe is FREAKIN COLD!!

When is summer coming? Soon? please? I want my legs to stop glowing in the dark.
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 02:44 AM
Edited by dipsy_dancer (34789) on 2004-12-21 02:37:42
Someone asked me at work yesterday if I could turn on the heater in the sky lol.

The nice lady on the news just informed me that minimum wage is going up! :D
On Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:04 PM
yeah to $9.50! and $7.60 for 16&17 year olds! Man, when I was 16 it was something stupid like $3.50. Then they made it 80% of the adult wage, so it was $6 (adults $8) and now its up again!!

Man... I remember making minimum $8 an hour. I didn't even realise it wasn't still $8. huh. things you learn. And here I was thinking I was raking it in at $11 and hour, and its only $1.50 over the minimum wage. so depressing :(
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 22, 2004 08:26 PM
HAHAHA, Sparkz I love the poem. Awesome.

And you thought you had gotten rid of me. :D :D :D Fool.

Marian
On Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:19 PM
Ha! I knew down here was too cool for you to stray for long... wannbe kiwi!

lol. If only I had written that poem instead of just copying and formatting it from my email.

oh well. gtg to my dads and scab food there. Laters people
On Thu Dec 23, 2004 09:42 AM
Hey, I'm a wannabe anything-but-a-US-person. Me no likey the US right now. I'm so patriotic... not. I'll come live on your imaginary island!! :D

Marian
On Fri Dec 24, 2004 03:50 PM
oh yeah, I forgot ... WHAT ON EARTH IS A GUMBOOT???

Marian
On Fri Dec 24, 2004 05:54 PM
you are kidding me right? Gumboots are what you wear on the farm. Tall rubber boots which make it hard to run, but you don't get cow pats on your feet.

Also called wellington boots, or rubber boots. I think.
On Fri Dec 24, 2004 07:54 PM
OHHHH , y'mean WELLIES! Oh I get it! :D I have wellies actually, from when I worked on a farm. They don't fit anymore but they've got so many good memories of horse patties.

Marian
By JazzyJess
On Sat Dec 25, 2004 09:53 AM
I remember laughing my head of at 'gumboot' when we moved to NZ. I still say wellies though =)
My brother had to sing the gumboot song at a school assembly...he bought a cd with it on and plays it to everyone who comes over. And he also dressed up as Fred Dagg for Kiwiana day. A little too scarily obsessed I think.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch