By MaxwellPremium member Comments: 1476, member since Sat Oct 27, 2007
On Fri Nov 23, 2007 07:43 PM
Maureen Johnson's books are great. They are
-The Key to the Golden Firebird
-The Bermudez Triangle
-13 Little Blue Envelopes
-Girl At Sea
-Devilish
-And she's currently writing another book called Suite Scarlett.
re: The Ultimate Teen Girl Books
By DotDotDot Comments: 60, member since Thu Jan 10, 2008
On Sun Jan 27, 2008 05:20 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody has mentioned the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison! They are probably the funniest books I've ever read. I am also a huge fan of Sarah Dessen and Julie Anne Peters.
By passion4dance10 Comments: 35, member since Sat Nov 04, 2006
On Tue Feb 26, 2008 03:46 PM
Definitely the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
...sorry if it's already been suggested...
By Chapter17member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 339, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:49 AM
Twilight- Stephanie Meyer
Cut- Patricia McCormick

I can't stress enough about how amazing these two books are. I heard they are coming out with the Twilight movie in December 2008. I'm so excited!
By Teaguemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 669, member since Wed Aug 09, 2006
On Mon Mar 10, 2008 02:27 PM
I have a few that some people might like to read. (=
Not all of them are specifically FOR teenage girls, but whatever. They're good books that I think anybody could like.

Firstly, I am DISGUSTED that nobody has suggested anything by Scott Westerfeld!
The Uglies trilogy (well, now that's there's Extras, it can't really be called a trilogy) is amazing. Unfortunately, the writing isn't too fabulous, but the concept is just perfection, and it really makes you think. Those books changed my life.
Also... Peeps and The Last Days, by Scott Westerfeld again. Peeps is basically just a vampire book for science geeks. I really truly loved this book, because it made the idea of vampires BELIEVABLE. There was a method to the madness. The Last Days is slightly different, but still an extremely good book.
Once again by Westerfeld, we have the Midnighters series. Extremely hard to explain, but also extremely good books.
And there's also So Yesterday, same author... I haven't read this one in a while, so I don't remember much about it, but from what I do remember, aside from being rather amusing, it wasn't such a great book.

Now. Kevin Brooks. LOVE.
Firstly, we have Candy. Such a good book. It's basically about heroin addict/prostitute, so I wouldn't recommend it to younger teens. I did read it when I was eleven... But maybe that's why I'm as messed up as I am now. XD

Some others by Brooks that I've read and enjoyed are...
Lucas, Kissing the Rain, and The Road of the Dead. They're all very well written and... Interesting. And just a little bit morbid. A lot morbid. XD

And then, by Walter Sorrells, The Silent Room. Once again, rather disturbing and morbid, and not very well written. That's not the point though. The concept of the book, the ideas in it, are so... Realistic, in a way, but at the same time, if anybody was caught doing some of the things in the book, they would be shipped off to die in the middle of the ocean because they're a danger to the rest of the world. XD That book makes me cry and laugh every time I read it, though, so I'd certainly recommend it. Then again, it is CERTAINLY not for everbody. Hard to explain.

Ellen Hopkins is a genius, too. Burned, Glass, Crank, and Impluse are four of my favorite books in this entire world. Once again, not for younger teens.

Listening At the Gate by Betsy James is another favorite of mine. Sooo sad, but so incredibly interesting and well thought out. Also by Besty James, there's Long Night Dance and Dark Heart. Those two actually come before Listening At the Gate, but it's perfectly fine to read it by itself.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is seriously my favorite book in the entire world. Maybe I only love it because it combines two of the things in this world that I am SO interested in (law and... cancer. XD), but it really truly is an amazing book, and if it doesn't make you cry, you are a cold, heartless person.

I've got to go to dance right now, and I've run out of books, but I'm sure I have a billion more that I might add at a later time. (=
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 27664, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Tue Apr 01, 2008 05:05 PM
all of the pretty little liars books.
By lexlovescake Comments: 10, member since Sat Apr 12, 2008
On Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:30 AM
I'm a huge book worm & here are some of my favorites.

-The Twilight Series By Stephenie Meyer [truly amazing books. I've fallen in love with Edward Cullen]
-The It Girl Series created by Cecily von Geigsar[sp?] [This is a spin-off of the Gossip Girls Series which is good as well.]
-Confessions of a Back-up Dancer by Anonymous [very good suggestion for a dancer]
-Prep by Curtis Sittenfield
-The Year of Secret Assignments
-Wicked
-etc etc. I love reading.
By laxgirl75 Comments: 1, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Sun May 11, 2008 11:43 AM
Hey Guys,
I just finished my new favorite book this morning. It's called **Ana'a Story** by Jenna Bush. Don't turn away from the book because it's by the dreaded man's daughter. It's a graet book and i would recomend it to anyone. It's based on a true story about a girl Jenna Bush met while working with UNICEF. You won't regret reading this book. It's great.
--Laxgirl75
PS: Lacrosse is the best sport EVER and you should play. =]
By dancin_monkeyPremium member Comments: 610, member since Tue Mar 09, 2004
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 03:19 PM
Im ordering that Are You There God? It's Me, Margret book tonight,
it sounds good!
great post :)
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Thu Jul 03, 2008 01:16 AM
I recommend Scott Westerfeld. I totally love his books!

Also recommend Stephanie Meyer. I thought I'd HATE her books and they didn't seem like I'd like them at all, but thry'rre pretty good :)

Mao's Last Dancer

Little Fearless

I would also recommend Tamora Pierce!

That's all for now..I'll probably post some more later.
By Dancefreak4eva Comments: 326, member since Thu Jun 14, 2007
On Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 AM
Heres a few book/series

The clique series lisi harrison
Image hotlink - 'http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll430/Laurenicole_2008/books/theclique.jpg'

Twilight-new moon-eclipse: stephenie meyer: its about a girl who falls in love with a vampire- there absolutely amazing!!!!!

Image hotlink - 'http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll430/Laurenicole_2008/books/twilight-series.gif'

That summer: Sarah Dessen

Image hotlink - 'http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll430/Laurenicole_2008/books/thatsummer.jpg'

Dreamland: Sarah dessen: about a girl whose sister ran away and life is miserable until she meets this guy and falls in love with him he ends up abusing her but she still can't leave him- very serious but I loved it it was really good

Image hotlink - 'http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll430/Laurenicole_2008/books/Dreamland.jpg'

Just listen: Sarah Dessen : A girl whose sister has an eating disorder and she loses her best friend all at the same time and her family is all concentrated on her sister.

Image hotlink - 'http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll430/Laurenicole_2008/books/justlisten.jpg'

can't think of anymore but if I do I'll let you know!!
By Dancer11C Comments: 80, member since Sun Nov 04, 2007
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:32 AM
The Twilight Saga,
I said i'd hate them, but they're amazing, and I'm obsessed!

Any Sara Dessen,
I'm reading Just Listen, her new one, right now it's great!
The Truth About Forever is amazing!

Camilla, A Live Coal in the Sea, two great books by Madeleine L'Engle!
By PrettyEnPointe Comments: 380, member since Wed Jul 14, 2004
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 02:14 PM
A ton of people have already said how great Sarah Dessen is, but I just had to add. She is, hands down, my favorite author and I haven't read a single book of hers that I don't like. The Truth About Forever was my personal favorite.

My bestfriend also swears by The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books.

Comment #7405193 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-09-16 05:30:19 Double post.

By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Thu Aug 07, 2008 04:55 AM
Marlina Marchetta
My sister's keeper by Jodi Piccoult
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Mon Sep 22, 2008 06:04 PM
Thanks so much for this post, I love all of these books!
By Cliffbella Comments: 146, member since Tue Dec 16, 2008
On Thu Jan 01, 2009 06:17 PM
ohhh... Thanks for the long list! I bet I will need glasses sooner or later because of too much reading! lol!
By LydiaKlassActmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 964, member since Sun Jun 03, 2007
On Fri Jan 02, 2009 01:24 PM
Hi

Jacqueline Wilson's teen books are a really good read. I aren't really into books but hers are really good. KISS would have to be my favourite

a good read

Lydia xx
By SilverInsanity Comments: 334, member since Sun Dec 23, 2007
On Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 PM
I personally don't like the idea of "teen" books because it makes me feel as if we're not really capable of understanding "adult" books.

I mean, I read Sense and Sensibility a while back, and a teacher of mine told me that it was "too advanced" for me. Just, no.

Anyways, I'm here to make a list. They're not just "teen" books or anything like that; some of them are more "difficult" reads, meaning that they contain some hard-to-understand concepts. For a lot of people.

-Night by Elie Wiesel.
-The Pianist by Wladislaw Szpilman.
-Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.
-"The Queen of Spades" by Aleksandr Pushkin.
-La Dame aux Camellias by Alexander Dumas, fils. A play, of course, but I just loved it. The emotion is there, and you can just feel it.
-"Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" by Joyce Carol Oates. It's got a rather strange ending, but it's chilling and actually quite interesting.
-Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel. It's a memoir about Ms. Wurtzel's fight with depression and multiple suicide attempts.
By staygold123 Comments: 482, member since Sat Jun 28, 2008
On Sat Feb 07, 2009 02:11 PM
So I know people have probably already mentioned some/most of these books but:

*The Clique book by Lisi Harrison
*Non-Blonde Cheerleader books by Keiran Scott
*Princess Diaries books by Meg Cabot
*Any book by S.E. Hinton ("The Outsiders", "That was then,this is now", "Rumble Fish"...)- even though they are all from male points of view they are written by a female and AMAZING
By glitter_lycra Comments: 32, member since Wed Feb 18, 2009
On Sun Mar 15, 2009 03:20 PM
The Twilight series is amazing - so addictive and beautifully written.
I also like Meg Cabot's books such as Avalon High and The All American Girl.
By twiglet88 Comments: 35, member since Fri Apr 24, 2009
On Sat Apr 25, 2009 04:55 PM
Edited by twiglet88 (210667) on 2009-04-25 17:03:20
The Jacqueline Wilson books are great for younger teens.

Some of these have already been said but these are some of my favourite teen books:
Harry Potter Series- J.K.Rowling
Twilight Saga-Stephanie Meyer
His Dark Materials triology- Phillip Pullman
Gossip Girl-Cecily von Zieswager (also the it girl series but not as good in my opinion)
Private Series-Kate Brian
Diary of a Crush Trilogy- Sarah Manning
Hard Cash/ Shacked Up / Speeding It-Kate Cann

* Edit- also Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry, Let The Circle Be Unbroken and The Road to Memphis- Mildred D. Taylor
On Mon Jun 22, 2009 06:03 PM
I already commented on this but I just read some more books that are really good:

*The Private Series by Kate Brian (A girl goes off to boarding school, but its not exactly your typical school. )
*Privledge by Kate Brian (A follow up series to Private DO NOT READ IT WITHOUT FINISHING THE PRIVATE BOOKS.)
*How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls
*All Meg Cabot books
*I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (All by Ally Carter)
*Geek Magnet by Keiran Scott.
*My Sister's Keeper
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 06:50 PM
I forgot ANOTHER book. "Does My Head Look Big In This." I bought it because the cover had very pretty colors and the girl looked like my friend, but seriously. Its amazing.
By jewlianalisa Comments: 24, member since Wed Jun 03, 2009
On Thu Jul 16, 2009 03:27 AM
~Just read my sister's keeper, twas great.
~I reccomend any books by melody carson. I LOVE them. Her best are the diary of a teenage girl books.
~Also the choice by nicholas sparks was very good.
~ While it may not fit , "teen girl book" a classic I enjoyed was the great gatsby. If you like english at all, you will appreciate the way it is crafted.
Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch