Forum: Folk / African Dance

what is it?
By xXx_Amy_xXxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Dec 30, 2004 05:33 AM

hiya, i do disco and dont really know much about african dance? i did an audition at school for this production once and 3 little year 7 girls did an afircan dance, i didnt really understand it but it looked really good, could some one please explain to me what it is?? do you not use music, the girls i saw didnt?

love amy xx

4 Replies to what is it?

re: what is it?
By xdance_blondesx
On Sat Jan 01, 2005 07:45 AM
Hiya Amy!
We do disco aswell!
We dont have a clue what african dance is but sounds good!lol
all the best for 2005!
Lauren + Becca xxxxx
re: what is it?
By LadyofDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 02, 2005 01:26 PM
Well there are many different types of African Dance. Depends which part of Africa. And you do use music but it's a beat done by drums. It is a very fast tempo and lots of jumping around. If you don't have high edurance or stamina it could be really hard to catch your breath. But I love it regardless. I hope I answered your question.
African Dance in Not the Same
By selormculture
On Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:20 PM
Well there are many different types of African Dance. Depends which part of Africa. And you do use music but it's a beat done by drums. It is a very fast tempo and lots of jumping around.

I agree with the foregoing statements, but not all. There are dances for all ages, so there African dances with low tempo, no jumping and no complexity.

To the African, life itself is a dance so the elderly also take part. African dance can also be classified in terms of occupation, e.g. hunting, fishing, warrior, etc. Depending on the place dance rythms change.

I have a team of over 600 African Dancers. We perform over 80 traditional African dances. If you'll like to work with us, you're welcome.
That's completely true
By CMDTDancer
On Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:04 PM
NOT ALL DANCES ARE FAST , If you want to know the real thing ask me !. I study dance in africa for the past 13 years!

ReplySendWatch