Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 10 of 19: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
re: *** BACK CATCH ADVICE *** ( LAST POST )
By xDaNcIn_sHaRnYx
On Wed Apr 04, 2007 03:28 PM
Hello!
Great idea to put this post up.
The information and advice is really helping me as im trying to improve my backcatch.
Thanks keep the great advice coming.
Shanna
re: *** BACK CATCH ADVICE *** ( LAST POST ) (karma: 1)
By DanceManiacLauzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:54 AM
hey i find it helps if you do the splits against a wall and then stand up towards youre leg if this makes sence andd to bend back in a slight over split and stretch youre arms because the further down youre arms are the easyer it is to pull youre leg in x
By XxDaNcA4LyFxX
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 03:11 PM
hya .....great advice really helpful ,thankyou :):)
XxionaxX
back catch
By discoracie
On Fri Apr 06, 2007 09:19 AM
hi thanx for the advice my back catch is nearly straight now

rachael xxxx
Backcatch
By MegGemini4ever
On Sun Apr 08, 2007 08:02 AM
Hi
I've been trying to do a backcatch for ages now!
I will try that advice on the first page sound like a good way to learn how to do them, Thanks
meg
x
By pinktinka
On Sun Apr 08, 2007 05:09 PM
Hi thankyou for the advice I am nearly there, you have got great ideas I tooked the one when you do the splits and bend back to the back leg thanks:)
By erin_dancer
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 07:11 AM
hiya
i have got a bit of advice and this is how i can do them
first i stretched my back up every night by doing crabs then i got the rope from my dressing gown and tied it round my foot and pulled it up then i got someone to push my leg up so it doesnt go up any further and i did it every night.you can also grab your foot and pull it up and repeat this then try to do a backcatch this one helps alot.hope this helps you
cya love erinxxx
*** back catch advice *** ( last post )
By AlexStar1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:32 AM
Hi Patrice
I looked at this post when I first started DDN, and I even printed it off LOL! :D Since then I have been able to do the Back Catch! Thanks - it really helped!
Alex
x
h3yy....
By steph2t6
On Thu Apr 19, 2007 03:45 AM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2007-04-29 13:12:17 netspeak is against dance.net rules. You must spell out all words when posting.
brill advi3 r3alli h3lp3d m33...!!! i am g3tin th3r3 with ma bk..catch...:D:D:D xxx
***back catch advice***
By Chloe15
On Sun Apr 29, 2007 07:01 AM
Hi Rebecca
this is my advice on back catches.
firstly you need to warm your back up. go back into bridge and walk your hands in to your feet. then get someone to push your leg ove to the wall (but bent) for 10 seconds. then do it again (but straight) for 10 second. Then go into splits and strech back and try to grab your leg. then kick it a few times.
Then you are ready keep on catching it and pulling it straight and eventually it will go straight.
This is what i do and it helps because mine after this goes straight.
From Chloe
By dani15member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 04, 2007 07:43 AM
After reading the tips on here I have nearly got my backcatch. At the moment I ten to catch it from the side and pull it up but I am hpoing to be able to reach back and grab it soon.
I will just keep practicing.
lv laura xXx
By supple
On Sat May 05, 2007 04:51 AM
Well I cant actually do them on my own yet, our teacher Hayley-Lou has started making us do so many stretches to help us with our back catches. We do this one where we lay on our stomachs and just keep trying to catch our leg, she makes us do it over and over it really helps, like she says never give up, you just gotta keep practicing
By Georgiamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 20, 2007 11:49 AM
Edited by Georgia (75063) on 2007-05-20 11:52:02 Spelling !
Hiya

Great Advice !!

I Have Tryed And It My Backcatch Is Getting Better And Better.

Also If You Lean Againsed A Wall And Hold Your Hands Together And Streach Up Get Someone To Push Your Leg Up And Put Your Leg In Between Your Arms And Get That Person To Hold It There For 10 Seconds And Try And Walk Your Hands Down Your Leg Closer To Your Knee And Repeat This And This Should Help Your Leg Go Up.

Hope This Helps !

Love Georgia xx
By Nemo_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 AM
Edited by Nemo_Dancer (172208) on 2007-05-22 10:05:17
Hiya great advice Patrice i have rated you

love Niamh xxx
By Dancer_EJ
On Sun May 27, 2007 08:49 AM
hiyah!!!!

fab post

great advice

really helpfull

thanks!!!!

xxxx

EJ
*** back catch advice ***
By DancerShannon_x
On Tue May 29, 2007 06:42 AM
hiya , great post
**here is my advice**
tie a scarf round your foot pull it backwards..everyday it will get better!..stick at it is the key! make sure to do different streches everyday ! you don't have to be able to do the splits for this ! *warning* not warming up propley could lead to pulling muscles ect.. warm up for at least 10 minutes..

hope this helps , shannon xx
By Emma18
On Wed May 30, 2007 12:31 PM
has anyone got the flexibility questionnaire from hammfist. he emailed it to me but it wont let me open the file, if someone has it can they pm me and email it to me please thanks x
back catch advice
By annie_omember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 31, 2007 02:03 PM
hiya there good post!!

my advise is lots of practice every night to keep your muscles supple, i usually find it easy to sit in forward splitz with your leg you catch to the back and try to take my head back to my foot, other good way is to lean forwards over something and kick your leg back towards your head trying not to turn as you do it, if you can catch your foot then once you catch it gently pull upwards and towards your head, if you cant catch you leg yet then a little jump before you take your leg back usually helps, you will soon notice a difference if you practice practice practice lol

i overheard someone telling a dancer that was complaining she cant do anything and never gets to a final (because she never does any practice) that if she does not practice anything how does she expect to get any better and learn new moves as nothing just comes to you you have to want to and try new stuff you dont just wake up knowing it(i wish lol ).

i will post a pic of my backcatch as soon as i know how as i never got it this good from sleep and moaning i got it like this from hard work practice lol.

hope this helps someone love annie x x x
re: *** back catch advice *** ( last post )
By Becky_BB
On Fri Jun 01, 2007 01:20 PM
hi there, excellent advice, i know how to help Becky with this one now
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 06:20 AM
hiya there here is the vidio to go with my comments above ^^^^

www.youtube.com . . .
By freestyledancer1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 06:33 PM
THanks a lot for the advice. I couldn't even get my leg near my head but now it is much better.

From freestyledancer1
On Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:56 AM
this is a backcatch i can get it straighter but my mum was in a rush lol
By x0jessyka0xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 22, 2007 01:46 PM
Hey,

I really like the idea of tieing a dressing gown wrappy roundy thingy [I dont know what it is called lol] around my leg and pulling it!

My leg is really starting to get straighter now, it helps loads if I fully warm my back up before doing it too!

Thanks loads for all of your help.

Loadsa love, Jess xox

Comment #6169436 deleted
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-07-30 05:22:38 netspeak - "fwend" is not a word

By starlet_starmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:05 PM
Thankyou so much for some of these posts!
I'm still working on it but hopefully it will keep improving!

Love Lori-Ann xxxx
Page:
Page 10 of 19: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

ReplySendWatch