Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 13 of 19: 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
re: *** back catch advice *** ( last post )
By hamfistPremium member
On Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:19 PM
"I then pull them (slowly)down towards her back until she starts screaming!"

I did not know that there were such terrible people out there that they would do this to their own child and that sort of training disgusts me because it will put the youngster off stretching or will damage her.

"Has Hamfist ever given anyone exercises to make your shoulders flexy?" - Yes, he has given many DDN people who have asked for stretch help, a wide variety of stretch exercises and they have responded with karma and friendships as you can see in his (my) profile.

But, I can assure you that my training technique is totally different to the "force until it hurts" style because I believe in gentle stretching with repeats and my trainees do not get hurt and never have to scream to stop crass assisted stretching.

We have nothing in common regarding training technique.

Ian (Trainer of contortionists)
By dance_andrew
On Fri Feb 01, 2008 06:41 AM
I really can't wait to do back catch I think it looks fab how cool though if I could do it before my mate
By fordmax
On Fri Feb 01, 2008 07:41 AM
Re:Hamfist.
You have genuinely misunderstood. I would never hurt her. The reason there's an exclamation mark is because i was trying to be humourous; not because i was serious!!!
I suppose newbie mums must make easy targets on here when we don't know the right way to describe things, but calling me crass in an open post is spiteful.
By hamfistPremium member
On Fri Feb 01, 2008 05:23 PM
Edited by hamfist (117214) on 2008-02-01 17:25:31 word change
There is no spitefulness in my comment, nor do I target newbie mums, but because I have considerable knowledge of flexibility stretching I am regularly horrified at postings because I know the dangers that are there when someone pushes or forces someone into a stretch and I regulary post, to point out the dangers of this.

Ian
By charliebee
On Mon Feb 11, 2008 01:59 PM
hi

some great advice here thanks.

charlie x
By xxToniChampxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 08:11 AM
Great advise!

What you chould do is to get a string or a scarf and tie it round your leg and pull it up and for the frount leg you should wrap it round your leg then pull it up frountwards that helps you for your frount catch then to make your arms to reach back throuther what you need to get is kind of a pole and put your arms on the pole and keep pushing your arms back thuther and thurther and you will be able to catch your backcatch! :D

Hope this helps!

Love From Toni x x x
By gina_x
On Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:01 AM
hiya
1 thing you need for a striaght back catch is a bendy back
you can do this by streching everey day lol
also i always practice my crabs and walkovers they really help me get a bendy back
hope my advivework
love gina x
By Urban_Soph
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:11 AM
Hey!
All of these things help but the key is to do them as much as you can preferably everyday. There are a couple of things that really helped me.

1) Stand facing a wall and put one hand on the wall. Use the other hand ( take it in FRONT of your body) to hold your opposite leg(the one you want to catch)and pull it over your head and hold it for a couple of secs gradually pulling your leg higher. This will strenghten tour leg muscle and your arm in order to help you to do a backcatch. Don't worry if you cant pull it over your head yet because if you keep doing it then it will improve and strenghten your arm muscle at the same time.

2) Sit in the splits and reach your arm to your back leg. Lean back at the same time. This will make your back more flexible.

3)Keep trying to do your backcatch but try to do it slower and more controlled. This will build up your muscles more than doing it fast constantly. Don't do it slow all the time though, vary your speeds.

4) Always make sure you do strtech your back well before doing any of these things. Also after doing these things stretch your back out the other way. You can do this by doing a 'cat strech' ( kneel down and reach your arms out in front of you and put them to the floor). Also stand up and bend over slightly with your arms in front of you and contract your stomach (sort of like if you had just been punched in the stomach). Another stretch out you can do is to curl up in a ball on the floor and roll back and forth.

Hope these help :D

xxxx
By Dancer_Rosie1
On Wed Feb 20, 2008 09:22 AM
Thanks for everyones advice
i've read them all and now think i know how to get even more flexible.
thanks
xxxx

Comment #6892241 deleted
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2008-02-24 10:59:09 Netspeak is not allowed at dance.net

By pink_dancer14
On Mon Feb 25, 2008 07:12 AM
Hey
Great advice this has really help me get a better backcatch
xxx
By Lanapants
On Mon Feb 25, 2008 05:31 PM
thanks for the back catch tips need to learn to do one for slow asap so hopefully this wil help! :)
By ROSIE_LONGLEGS
On Tue Feb 26, 2008 05:20 AM
very helpful advice ;) we are going to practice like mad :D xxxxx
By beckieelliotmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:54 AM
hi
i go to the same dance school as emily crow and she does gymnastics to help her to do and learn lots of things that she can do at dancing.
so please try that !!!
beckie x
By discodancerjj
On Tue Feb 26, 2008 01:23 PM
thanks for the info I can do a back catch know
By xlove2dancex
On Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:08 PM
that is a lush post - FAB it helped me get my backcatch nearly perfect :)
By dancingbabe4
On Fri Feb 29, 2008 04:04 PM
hi patrice i think your advice is great il be trying it asap thanks for that post very helpfull lol chelsea xx
By dancin_lauramember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 05, 2008 08:58 AM
Hiya

Great tips everybody!

Loads of Love Laura xx
By x_Beths_Mum_x
On Sun Mar 09, 2008 05:24 AM
Thanks you for this sticky.Will try this with my daughter. I think this is an important move for getting wins x x x
By xNATZx
On Wed Mar 19, 2008 02:10 PM
hiya..
great tips everyone..
been really helpfull..!!
thanks a lot natz xxx
By chloexdxPremium member
On Sat Mar 22, 2008 03:34 AM
hi my leg goes wanky when i kick it back what should i do and my foot hits my hand
By followsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 22, 2008 02:41 PM
Hi Rebecca,
My advice is just keep practising every day and keep stretching and pulling at it

Love Hannah xxx

p.s: hope i helped and that it will soon come to you babe
By dancerbliss
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 08:34 AM
Hi
I can nearly do a backcatch
I just keep on practising with my back and leg stretches
love b xXx
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 01, 2008 07:55 AM
thanks for the advice hads helped alot

great post
By CHLOEAII_XXXmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Apr 05, 2008 08:37 PM
hiya
all I done was pushed myself as hard as I could to do it now it is fabfabfabby lol :P
always warm up before you do a backcatch or anything so you do not put you back out oor pull a muscle
lots of love
chloe
xxxx
Page:
Page 13 of 19: 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

ReplySendWatch