Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 6 of 19: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 17 18 19
re: *** BACK CATCH ADVICE *** ( LAST POST ) (karma: 2)
By Dancing_Evamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 09, 2005 02:26 PM
DONT USE WEIGHTS!!! Whatever ou do, dont use it. Its really dangerous to do fast movements like kicks (to the front AND to the back) with wights because your muscels are probebly not ready for it and you are guaranteed to pull a muscel.

A back catch is a really hard move and it can take long time to learn it so its important to practise everyday, not just twice a week etc. You have to work twice as hard to get your back flexi compared to your legs. And one thing many poeple forget, the secret about a good back catch is in the arm and on the front of your thigh. If your loose in your thigh muscel you can kick your leg waaay higher, and the higher it goes, the easyer it is to catch And you arms and sholders are just as important. Strech them just as mutch because the looser they are, the longer back you can grab and the easyer you will do your backcatch
You can also tie a rope around your leg and try to grab that, it works for some people. Other than that the only thing I can say is pull that leg!

*lotsalove*
Eva
(sorry if like every second word is misspelled, lol)
(I wrote this in another post and thought I should post it here to :))
re: *** BACK CATCH ADVICE *** ( LAST POST )
By discodiva16
On Thu Nov 10, 2005 08:00 AM
Thank you for your advice i have been trying to do a back catch and am getting there slowly so i will follow your advice and try it out. Also have you got any advice on how to a boat,catch kick turning around and a forward walk over. Thanks love bethxxxx
By dancin_x_elz
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:30 PM
heya!!!!
this is such a good post and has helped me so much i can actually do a backcatch now! (compared to when i couldnt when i replied the last time)
thank you so much
karma for you
xoxox
backcatch (karma: 2)
By xox_dancer09_xox
On Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:06 PM
here are sum other pointers!!

*never strech after youve just aten!

*always make sure you strech your whole body out equally...eg. arms AND legs AND neck AND pelvis

*make sure you strech out both legs equally, you dont want one leg higher than the other
*groovy twins have covered the rest -they helped me to catch my backcatch so thank you!!

xxxx
By xxxdance_starxxx
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 03:33 AM
hiyaa. i can pull my leg and get it to touch my head but i cant catch it. where should i put my hands on my lef when i catch it? how come i can pull my leg really far but i find it impossible to cartch it? xxx
help me please
By nualabelfast
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 07:34 AM
hey i have been trying my backcatch for a few weeks now and if i lay on my bed i can just about get it but it wont go to my head.and if i stand up i cant get it 2 my head and i cant even get it near me neck. please help me.i am a beginner and really what to get it.thanks nuala
By hamfistPremium member
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:34 AM
What lets most beginners down is the lack of basics. To do a back catch you need to have good splits so work on getting down in comfort in the splits with a 6 inch (15cm) over split - all with hips properly square. At the same time do back exercises so you can back bend in those splits and feel your head brush your rear leg.

Once you have those basics you can stand up and do your back catch.

Ian (Trainer of contortionists)
re:*** BACK CATCH ADVICE *** ( LAST POST )
By XxXshanXxX
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 01:37 PM
hiya,
great advice! :) it's really helped me!!
i'm not very good yet but i can catch my leg!!:)
i just need to keep practicing! and my advice DON'T GIVE UP!
just keep going and it will come!!
good luck!!
luv XxXshanXxX
By Georgia90member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 18, 2005 01:52 PM
Hiya
Wow all these posts are amazing and i just want to thank everyone who has posted this advice. Thank you so much i will try as many things as i can.
Love Georgia XxXxXxX
By ilurvedance
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 04:25 AM
great sticky here. i have rated everyone whose advice i have planned to used and copied down. i really have to get them by latest end of the year because i have a performance(dance) Jan2006. thanks so much. i will let you all know how it is!:D
By stunninshelbz30member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:55 AM
These are my tips for chach your leg up the back!:
Well first you have to strech and make sure you are realy streched. You make sure you can do a crab first when you can do the crab it will be really easy to catch up the back.If you can't then keep on practicing then you will be able to catch it.
STUNIN SHELBZ 30
By danie_dansa_2005
On Sat Dec 03, 2005 08:30 AM
If you already have a bendy back but not so good at ctahcing your leg, you do crab, when you do crab, try and go onto your elbows instead of your hands as this stretches your back more and makes you more able to do good back bends, you should be able to catch your leg easier.
hope this helps
love
danie
xxx
:D
By xxshivxx
On Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:56 AM
thnx every one for all your advice and very soon i will be learning how to do a great back catch.x
By lisa85
On Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:30 AM
that's great advice, will try it o see if it worksfor me xx
By XxXshanXxX
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:01 AM
hi,
my backcatch is improving and sometimes theres days when i can catch no problem and others when i struggle! lol
XxXshanXxX :)
back catch
By kaza2shoes
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:02 AM
thanx for the advice im definetly gonna try the stretches. so i can hopefully one day do a back catch lol.

Kaz
By XxXshanXxX
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:01 PM
hi,
i am so nearly close 2 catching my leg now!
great advice it really help's!
XxXshanXxX :)
By XxXshanXxX
On Fri Dec 23, 2005 03:13 AM
hiya,
great advice i have rated you!

XxXshanXxX
iya
By kimbob_xx
On Fri Dec 30, 2005 02:26 PM
your advice is workin :) lol ills end you a pic thanks alot xx
By pinkypolmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 02, 2006 02:46 PM
hiya

thanks to all the people who have
posted advise. it has really helped me
now i am going to try so hard to do a
back catch!

lov pol
By freestylequeen
On Wed Jan 11, 2006 01:56 AM
hi
great advice people
luv
chloe
By xo0_beckole_0oxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 11, 2006 02:21 PM
Thanks soooo much :] I was just about to post a picture of my back catch and ask for advice on how to improve it :] You've been so much help, thanks again ;)

Becky xx
By xxxktxxx
On Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:03 AM
thanks babe this really helped xxxxx luv kt xxxxx
By Disco_Babe_05member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:51 AM
I dont really have any advice but i would just like to thank everyone who has put advice on this post as it has really helped me and i can FINALLY do a backcatch! :D

Love Joanne xxx :]

P.S You lot are fab ;)
By oxMissKittenxo
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 02:43 PM
Hey :P

when i stretch for backcatches, a really good stretch is to lie on your back with your arms out to the side so you make a 'T' shape. lift up your right knee as close to your chest as you can and push it over to one side, and make sure your head is facing to the opposite to your stretching leg ( in this case, to the left.) hold for as long as you can then do the same with your other leg. You should feel a good stretch in your lower and middle back. Lots of people from my dance school find this stretch really good!

Hope i helped :)
Katie x
Page:
Page 6 of 19: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 17 18 19

ReplySendWatch