Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: BASIC HISTORY OF HIP-HOP DANCING!!
By MemphisOriginalE Comments: 26, member since Mon Jan 23, 2006
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 04:14 PM
Appreciate the knowledge . Blessin's
Hip-Hop- not just dance movements
By showntell Comments: 27, member since Tue Dec 10, 2002
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 06:02 AM
I have always understood hip-hop as a culture,not just a dance form. In fact I am starting to wonder if you can call hip-hop dance hip-hop without the music. Anyway there is a really good book written by someone that grew up when all this hip-hop stuff was developing.He also studies and writes about it as his profession. The book is not specifically about dance but it covers the music,clothes, movies and other significant events that influence culture. Its by Nelson George and it's called "Buppies,B-boys, Baps and Bohos: Notes on Post-Soul Black Culture". Even though it is not specifically about dance, it's important to understand the context of the era.
re: basic history of hip-hop dancing!!
By lana7 Comments: 49, member since Mon May 14, 2007
On Thu Aug 16, 2007 08:55 AM
wow thats alot of history!
By ud_thedaancedean Comments: 21, member since Fri Jul 18, 2008
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 03:33 AM
is there any particular count style in hiphop dance?
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 03:37 AM
is there nay particular clothing style for student?
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 03:41 AM
can give me the name of website to gey b-boying video?
By chitowngrl11195 Comments: 1, member since Mon Nov 10, 2008
On Mon Nov 10, 2008 07:07 PM
F.Y.I You forgot to add that krumping is a type of Hip Hop dance...If your going to post something that some people may use you need to get your facts strait, you cant just be 50% right you need to be 100% correct. If you plan on ever posting something again please GET YOUR FACTS STRAIT!!!!
By EmmaFaye Comments: 30, member since Sun Feb 01, 2009
On Wed Feb 04, 2009 01:36 PM
Wow I didn't know there was so much history to hip hop - knowing this makes me love it even more!
check out the history of poppin
By chopperdanceblog Comments: 3, member since Wed Mar 11, 2009
On Wed Mar 11, 2009 05:48 PM
Whats crackin people,

As you can tell I love dancing. Any style of dance and yes even ballet. Bet you didn’t know that I took ballet too. But my favorite dance style is Funk Style hip hop dance. I don’t know there’s just something about it that makes me get goose bumps when I see funk style dancers “get off”. Before I moved to LA from Flint Mi, I thought I had been doing Funk Style/Poppin dance. Even worse I was calling it by the wrong name,”Poplocking”(It’s either poppin or locking never both). It wasn’t until I moved to LA that I found that I was doing it all wrong. I discovered that its called Funk Style and in funk style there are many different techniques. I found out that Popping Taco was the man who taught Michael Jackson everything he knows. At first I didn’t believe it. After doing major research I found it to be true Popping Taco was the man behind the infamous MJ. I had to find out more about Poppin Taco and that’s when my whole world changed. I discovered the “Electric Boogaloos”-the originators of this Style of dance. From there I went into training. I found out that Taco was teaching at local dance studio at the time and I knew I had to go take it. So I did and it was amazing! I learned so much from just that one class. From there I went on to take other classes from teachers like Suga pop and poppin Pete just to name a few(members of the Electric Boogaloos). So I thought that I would give you a little History lesson on poppin so that you won’t be like me lost in the dark and calling it “poplocking”.
chopperdanceblog.com . . .
By tara12 Comments: 35, member since Sat Aug 30, 2008
On Thu Apr 09, 2009 08:31 AM
Good 2 know and I liked reading this x x
By DonnaSwanna Comments: 176, member since Mon Apr 13, 2009
On Fri Apr 17, 2009 02:54 PM
Hi there,
There is so much history about hip hop that i would never have thought about.
Alot of good information in this post.
By MissVampire Comments: 4, member since Tue Jan 12, 2010
On Wed Jan 27, 2010 08:17 PM
WoW, thanks for the history (late reply). I'm knew to Hip Hop dance. I've seen the Electric Boogaloos in an old episode of Soul Train. I hope to be as good as them one day.

Comment #8984219 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2010-04-25 21:39:52 Copying and pasting other people's messages and trying to pass them off as your own is plagarism and not permitted. You have had all of these posts deleted and your post count reset.

Comment #9521963 deleted

Comment #9521980 deleted

Comment #9522001 deleted

Comment #9522003 deleted

By studio704 Comments: 22, member since Fri Feb 25, 2011
On Wed Apr 13, 2011 07:07 PM
Invent I'm very interested in learning some toprocking and uprocking. If you have any great sources that I can view, please share! I love footwork and would like to become a master of it!
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch