Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Visiting NZ
By AussieAsherinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 05, 2005 06:22 AM

Hi,

I coming for a 3 week hol in NZ in late Jan/early Feb... I'm hanging around in Auckland for a few days, then doing a two week tour with a youth travel company, then I will be hanging in Christchurch for a few days before coming home.

What are some must see things? And what should I go and see in Christchurch and Auckland before and after my tour?

Also, what will the weather be like?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

3 Replies to Visiting NZ

re: Visiting NZ
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Wed Jan 05, 2005 02:12 PM
Ooo come visit me!

Haha, no the weather will be nice that time of year, but a bit cooler than in Aus!

I don't know many MUST sees in either city, as I ahve never lived there, except all the usual touristy things ya know, sky tower, the museum in Auckland, the viaduct etc. The cathedral in Chch, the Antartic Centre in Christchurch is cool.

Oh but the Auckland Zoo is cool, they have elephants and giraffes that come right up to you!

But yeah, I hope you have lots of fun, will you not be doing touristy things with your youth company?
re: Visiting NZ
By dance4lanimember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 07, 2005 07:19 PM
hey
i just came back from a holiday in NZ 4 days ago!
i went to Auckland, Orewa, Paihia, Bay of islands, rotarua, taupo...places like that,
there is tons to do there. skydiving, swimming with dolphins, sightseeing (waterfalls), hikes, jet boats, para sailing.
Ill give you a website which i used to find and plan activities for my trip www.newzealand.com
enjoy and have a GREAT time!
lani
hi
By pointytoes
On Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:17 PM
HEY! :P you should go on the train 2 athurs pass (tranz alpine express) from chch. ;D

ReplySendWatch