Forum: Disco / Cozzies For Sale / Champs & Intermediate

Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: * Trying on costumes... PLEASE be respectful ! *
By Little_MissJmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11220, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Mon Feb 14, 2005 01:04 PM
Edited by Jodie07 (69392) on 2005-02-14 12:55:28
Heya

Didn't you have this post before? lol i think i replied last time, anyway..

Quite a few times at competitions people have reported their costumes as missing to the person on stage running the competition and when it's announced on the microphone they then know someone is trying it on. lol.

When my last solo was up for sale my friend from another school seen someone try it on because when i was leaving that night (weekend competition) my mum told me to collect it (at that time i was saying goodbye to my friends) and she said "i thought you'd sold your costume" and i was like "oh no" and she said "well i seen someone trying it on earlier" well when i collected it my mum laughed, they'd only pinched our trouser hanger and replaced it with a t-shirt hanger. It was just literally thrown on too.

If i were to try a costume on at a competition i'd definitely ask first and take care of it. I'd look after someone elses costume better than my own when trying it on! lol.

lv Jodie x x x
re: * Trying on costumes... PLEASE be respectful ! * (karma: 1)
By streetqueenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2545, member since Mon Apr 05, 2004
On Mon Feb 14, 2005 02:09 PM
Thanks for replies !

R.e - jodie07 yes i did have this post before but if it were to become a sticky i had to make it perfect!! (netspeak free!)

love dev xxxx
please be respectful
By gymnast_chick Comments: 280, member since Sat May 01, 2004
On Fri Feb 18, 2005 07:11 PM
i agree you should treat costumes as your own !!!
you wouldnt like it if some one did it to you !!
great post
xxx
By xXhol90Xx Comments: 29, member since Thu Nov 11, 2004
On Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 AM
Great post i toally agree with you its very disrespectful to leave costumes not like you found them

Love Hollie xoxoxoxoxo
By chickidoos Comments: 170, member since Wed Feb 23, 2005
On Tue Apr 05, 2005 04:36 AM
yes I agree with you.
I once went back to collect my costumes and they were lying all over the floor.
I think some people forget just how much money our mums have to pay for our costumes.
By Georgia90member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 432, member since Thu Dec 23, 2004
On Mon May 02, 2005 04:37 AM
Hiya
Great post I totaly agree no one else would like it if there costumes weren't treated with care. Well said.
Love georgia XxXxX
By tashie Comments: 450, member since Sun May 01, 2005
On Wed May 04, 2005 07:42 AM
i agree, if i were to try a costume on at a comp i would deffinately ask the owner first. (mum would kill me if i didn't) its just a matter of respect. tasha x
Trying on costumes
By groovymama2 Comments: 291, member since Thu Jan 13, 2005
On Sun May 08, 2005 05:52 AM
I would just like to say that i agree with you. People dont seem to care that it's someone else's costume. I've even known them to get pinched at comps before aswell. It's such a shame that one or two people take all the trust out of people trying on costumes. Karen
costume
By committeddancer Comments: 512, member since Wed Dec 29, 2004
On Tue May 10, 2005 03:38 PM
hi i totally agree i find it so rude and disrespectful wen people try my costume on when im selling them at a competitions and they dont ask they change the hangers or dont bother to hang it back up if they dont want it they knock the stones off by being careless when trying on the costume thanx for posting this post you have a good point i will give you a karma for it all the best xx
By Discogirl2oo3 Comments: 316, member since Mon Dec 08, 2003
On Sat May 21, 2005 05:49 AM
hiya

yeh i totally agree with this
i think no one should just try on a cozzie without the owners say

this has happened to a few of my friends before and its not nice

soz just my oppion

x LoveGemma x
By shell_mwah1 Comments: 78, member since Mon Jun 13, 2005
On Mon Jun 20, 2005 04:10 PM
great post i always have this problem when im trying to sell my costumes.
luv shell
xxx
trying on costumes
By stardancerameliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2903, member since Tue May 24, 2005
On Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:31 AM
its nice to be asked when someone wants to try your costume on.nothing worse than someone taking it first thing at a comp and holding on to it till after solos.then you have to go looking for it.
love amelia
i no what u mean!!!
By alannah1991 Comments: 27, member since Sat Jun 25, 2005
On Wed Jul 13, 2005 02:40 PM
hey i no what u mean!!!! my dance partners mum made a starters cozzie and sent it off to a dancer and it never got sent back and no money has been sent either!!!! my dance teacher has contacted them and the dance school but ther is still no sign of the cozzie!!!!!!! pm bk luv alannah xxxx
By nats0506 Comments: 192, member since Sat Feb 15, 2003
On Sun Jul 17, 2005 06:53 AM
i found my costume at the end of the day at a competition half on the coat hanger with some of the stitching at the back tore. as if that wasnt enough the person whom tried it on neva asked or even told me that she had had problems putting the costume on and tore it slightly.

people have to remeber its not there property and if someone did that to their costume they would complain!

great post

love natxxx
* Trying on costumes... PLEASE be respectful ! *
By BeCcA91member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 778, member since Tue Apr 05, 2005
On Sun Jul 24, 2005 01:47 AM
Hi,

great posts. People should treat other peoples things with respect they wouldn't like it if was there costume.

becca xxxxxx
By RockieRooster Comments: 50, member since Fri May 06, 2005
On Mon Aug 01, 2005 05:28 AM
Great post , its really important to put
things bak properly, because people wont want
to buy a cozzie that is all in tangles
and it takes ages to sort it out for the
people selling the cozzie,

Great advise thanx ,

Love Rosie xxxxx
Trying on costumes.. PLEASE be respectful !*
By rocksmom Comments: 1818, member since Fri Oct 03, 2003
On Mon Aug 01, 2005 06:11 AM
We have had this happen to us loads and doesnt annoy you when people are going through the costumes looking and one falls off its hanger they just leave it on the floor and dont bother to pick it up. I just couldnt do that...
Great Post hope it makes people think.
Luv Hannah xxx
By dance_sox_off Comments: 24, member since Mon Aug 22, 2005
On Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:33 AM
Good post

All costumes are very precious and everyone should respect them - they mean so much more than the material they are made out of.
Everyone take care please
By frm261 Comments: 237, member since Sun Sep 11, 2005
On Fri Sep 16, 2005 08:16 AM
Hi this is a really good point- great post!!!!!

I think if someone damaged any of my costumes then i would make them pay because costumes cost alot of money to replace!!!!!
hiya
By littledancer99member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1465, member since Thu Aug 12, 2004
On Thu Oct 27, 2005 03:29 AM
Hiya
i agree aswell
I took my costumes to a comp and we couldn't find it half of the day we ask upon stage ,we did everything as we was about to go see saw the costume on on floor new the rails :O
I coulsnt Beilve it
Good Post
Alex xx
By xBlOnDiEdAnCeRx Comments: 172, member since Sat Apr 09, 2005
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 02:32 PM
that must have been annoying!! i wouldn't like that but anyways good luck with selling the costume.

love kara
xxxx
By beth_murraymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 743, member since Tue Feb 03, 2004
On Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:43 AM
Hyaaa!
yeh this is defo true!
Last weekend at Prestatyn, i put my £750 stoned
solo cossie up for sale. When we came to take it
down 10 of the large stones which had been stiched
and glued on had been removed! It was clearly not
an accident!!
Neway great post about cossies, people should take
more care with other peoples things!
lv beth x x
By Step_N_Style Comments: 2945, member since Wed Jul 16, 2003
On Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:49 AM
^^
OMG thats it not nice a tall in fact thats a disgrace
soon there is going to be no 2nd hand market for suits as there is a lot that is happening to cozzies these day
which will then mean that there will be no disco dancing anymore for a lot of people as not everyone has the money to fork out on new suits for a hobbie
Nicky xxx
By Sabzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3309, member since Mon Jan 12, 2004
On Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:03 PM
hey

i couldnt agree more, take care of things that dont belong to you!

sabina x
By Coral_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 101, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Fri Dec 23, 2005 02:03 PM
yeah fab post hunni
i always am respectful with other peoples costumes
bbut other people arent
i think many people should read this stick =]]
coral x
Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch