Forum: Disco / Cozzies For Sale / Champs & Intermediate

Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: * Trying on costumes... PLEASE be respectful ! *
By DiscoTrayza_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1390, member since Mon Jun 09, 2008
On Wed Jun 18, 2008 02:03 PM
I've seen people just like throw them on the floor, i was just wondering, has anyone ever heard of people sending out cozzies to try on, and then the people wearing them at a comp and sending it back ? If you get me, i would be so annoyed ! xxxxx
By Ashleigh95member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2293, member since Mon Sep 27, 2004
On Wed Jul 30, 2008 05:33 PM
Hey

Great post, I hate it at a comp when i hear that someones costume has been stolen or miss treated.

Ashleigh x
By DemiLea Comments: 106, member since Tue Aug 26, 2008
On Sat Oct 25, 2008 01:47 AM
hi that a shame love demi
By lapatrice Comments: 14, member since Fri Feb 01, 2008
On Tue Jan 13, 2009 01:42 PM
I wouldn't let nayone anywhere near my costume. What if they broke a zip or a clip and you couldn't preform in your routine.
It is certainally not work the risk.
By x_emilyy_torii_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 74, member since Sat Jan 17, 2009
On Sat Jan 24, 2009 05:15 AM
Hii,

We totally agree with this. Dance costumes can cost a lot of money, and when selling them they dont get sold for as much as it was originally brought for, so the dancer trying the costume on should be respectful as they are getting a good deal most of the time, they should be more careful with them.

Love
Emilyy and Torii
x
By rheanna Comments: 55, member since Sat Sep 06, 2008
On Mon Mar 23, 2009 02:55 PM
great post compleatly understand it is so horrible
love rheanna
By squella Comments: 24, member since Thu Jul 24, 2008
On Thu Mar 26, 2009 06:06 AM
this is a fab post, it definately needed airing. As I have heard and seen this happen many a times....thanking i personally haven't experienced it, but I would annoyed if it did happen to me.
Hope this post helps put a stop to it!!
By lilvickeydancerx Comments: 13, member since Sat Apr 18, 2009
On Sat Apr 18, 2009 09:28 AM
Hiyaa x
I totally agree with what everyones saying about putting them back on the racks I think its a real shame when they get damaged because its an awful lot of money to buy the suit in the first place x Respect is a good thing and lots of dancers have it but sometimes a bit more time spent on picking things up and putting them back can make a rel difference to the buyer and seller x
x~ Vickey ~x
By superdance85 Comments: 429, member since Thu May 07, 2009
On Fri May 15, 2009 06:01 PM
great point its all about manners and respect,people should treat costumes how they would like their outfits to be handled.
By superdance85 Comments: 429, member since Thu May 07, 2009
On Fri May 15, 2009 06:03 PM
great point its all about manners and respect,people should treat costumes how they would like their outfits to be handled.
By starlet_debz Comments: 1723, member since Tue Oct 10, 2006
On Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:44 PM
grat post

I totally agree. i'ts horrible to hear that people have mis-treated someone elses costumes. even worse when they are stolen that's just plain wrong. my gran wouldn't let me take my cozzies to comps to sell incase they were stolen and damaged :(

at the end of the day costumes are very expensive

respect, consideration and plain manners goes along way

sorry for the essay lol :P

love debbie xxx
By madhouse_mum Comments: 29, member since Tue Jul 14, 2009
On Tue Jul 14, 2009 01:57 PM
great posts

i would feel that i would have to pay if my daughter was trying on a costume and something came off, although she has got respect for other peoples things and would be xtra careful when trying them on.
sorry for the long post
jo x
By GrAcE6 Comments: 71, member since Sun Oct 21, 2007
On Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 AM
great post I think it is terrible when people just go and try cstumes on when they havnt asked I annoy s me how can people be so rude
By jillianmc Comments: 585, member since Mon Feb 11, 2008
On Tue Aug 11, 2009 02:10 PM
Great post :)
I totally agree with you!!
Jilian & Chanel x
By ameila_12 Comments: 21, member since Fri Aug 07, 2009
On Tue Aug 11, 2009 04:05 PM
I agreee good post people should be more respectfull
By Rebecca96member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 933, member since Tue Sep 09, 2008
On Fri Aug 21, 2009 01:46 PM
I agree withyou streetqueen, asways ask to try on a costume(s) and leave the costume(s) the way you found them. And be careful not to damage the costume(s) in anyway.
By Kelsey_Ds_Mom Comments: 145, member since Mon Mar 02, 2009
On Tue Aug 25, 2009 08:00 AM
I totally agree you wouldnt go into a clothes shop pick an item up and just walk into the changing room, you look for an assistant and ask if its ok to try the item on. I dont see why dance costumes should be any different. People should show a little respect it goes along way
By freestylegirl87 Comments: 26, member since Sun Jul 09, 2006
On Sun Nov 29, 2009 08:58 AM
Is it really like this in UK? In Norway almost everyone are careful when they're trying on costumes. It's also common to tell the one who ownes the costume that you want to try it on, and ask if that's okay. It's really really rude to just take someones costumes to try it on and not treat it properly. You should treat the costumes as it were your own.
By Hellyw Comments: 49, member since Sun Feb 08, 2009
On Tue Feb 02, 2010 07:46 AM
i was sat near an aisle at one comp and found 2 girls in beginner costumes flinging costumes around and rifling through bags with very expensive costumes in belonging to another dance school. i was very harsh in making it plain it was rude of them and unacceptable. they gave me the look and moved on. its a shame they had not yet seen how important costumes are to people.some costumes cost more than our monthly mortgage or second hand car and totally out of order for other parents to not keep an eye on their children at comps too x
By Courtney31 Comments: 28, member since Wed Jul 14, 2010
On Fri Jul 16, 2010 06:38 AM
Great post I totally agree with you. We should all respect each other's property.
By Courtney31 Comments: 28, member since Wed Jul 14, 2010
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 05:39 AM
Great post, I agree with you. I can't understand how some people can be so disrepectful!!! x x
By sassyshena Comments: 245, member since Tue Mar 30, 2010
On Wed Nov 17, 2010 01:38 PM
same shold be said when one has been posted out to another person,ive just recieved my daughters sponsor suit back that was worn three times and was imaculate to my horror,its damaged and got stones missing due to the lady stretching it to get her daughter who looks to be two dress sier bigger than my little girl into it,surely just by looking at a costume and looking at your child you wold realise it wont fit no matter how the amount of pulling,im deverstated over this,as it was very expensive and will now cost me a small fortune to get repaired now,it was my little girls first ever sponsor costme and someone has just done that to it then tossed it into a bag without any care what so ever,now i wont conssider selling anything else xxx
By LaurensMam Comments: 61, member since Mon Apr 09, 2012
On Thu Apr 19, 2012 03:53 AM
I totally agree with this post. I have taken a couple of costumes to comps and hung them up on racks only to go back and see that people have rummaged through the costume bag and not left it the way they found it. People should respect the fact that we work hard to pay for our child's very expensive suits. People wouldn't go into a clothes shop and leave clothes all over the floor and our suits cost a lot more money than a top from top shop!!! Also inexperienced dancers need to be taught that it is disrespectful to pull suits out of bags and try them on without asking permission.
By jadens_funky_mum Comments: 41, member since Wed Jul 06, 2011
On Wed Jun 20, 2012 05:58 PM
It is only right you take care Of someone else's property !!! Costumes nowadays are expensive and need looking after !!! Especially off an intended Buyers !!! Good post !!! x
By Julie_Charlotte Comments: 30, member since Sat Apr 28, 2012
On Sat Jul 21, 2012 08:53 PM
Thank you for this informative post x
Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch