Forum: Adults / Parents Only

Parents Only
Who can post in this forum... (karma: 2)
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:27 AM
Made sticky by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-02-28 06:21:19

This forum is for PARENTS ONLY!! Teachers, studio owners, and young adults may not post here. You all have your own forums in which you can discuss various aspects of dance, teaching, and business practices. If you'd like the parents to stay out of your forums, please exercise the same respect.

I realize many studio owners are parents...but speak as a parent. Please do not defend your business practices here.

Imadanseur and the mod squad

9 Replies to Who can post in this forum...

re: Who can post in this forum...
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Sat Jan 08, 2005 09:56 PM
Is it ok if we look around here? I am saying this because one time I read a post that said students may not LOOK at the teachers only.( I am not a parent)
On Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:09 AM
Looking is fine...they can look on our board, but they should feel free to talk about what irritates them about their studio or teachers without the dance professionals swooping down to tell them how wrong they are for feeling a certain way. They need to vent too!
By dramamamaPremium member Comments: 544, member since Mon Apr 26, 2004
On Mon Jan 10, 2005 07:20 AM
Rated you up on this one, thanks for making it clear that we can have opinions that don't need to be demonized. :D
By BCDance Comments: 64, member since Mon May 29, 2006
On Fri Jun 01, 2007 03:14 PM
You should definitely not be demonized for feeling a certain way but I think part of the benefit of this site is that you are able to have more insight into all the aspects of a studio. As parents are not involed in all the behind the scenes happenings they many times form opinions on surface items and are unable to see the big picture of why a certain policy is in place. For example when a studio restricts parent involvement in certain areas. As it is probably awkward to have these type of conversations in person with teachers/SO's it is helpful to receive that insight here in a more anonymous environment.
By LasMa Comments: 11, member since Sun Apr 27, 2008
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:06 PM
Very true, we dance parents have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes at the studio. On the other hand, many SO's have no idea what goes on behind OUR scenes as parents.

You SO's have one huge advantage here that we parents do not have. You have a truly private forum where you can post without wondering if the parents are watching. It must be nice to be able to be really frank over there. We don't have that luxury.
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:57 PM
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-06-28 13:00:00 added word
^You are free to set up your own forum if you want some place private or you can post anonymously here. We don't know your studio or what part of the country you live in...so feel free to interact and talk about any situation you'd like. If it is vague how could anyone possibly find out who you are or what studio you are discussing?

Studio owners pay a fee to have a private board to talk about business practices, to share teacher's handbooks, how to manage hiring and firing a teacher etc. It isn't so we can just complain about parents.

Comment #7325620 deleted

By plgkds Comments: 9, member since Tue May 15, 2007
On Fri Aug 08, 2008 05:13 PM
i think its great that only parents can post, but SO can read,
there are many things they don't see from the parents point of view.
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:37 AM
I only posted on here because I wanted a parents advice on my certain situation I'm not a parent but I just wanted a parents advice

ReplySendWatch