Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3
Ballet Intensives
Special guide for dancers that were not/ don't think they will be accepted-Great mood guarante (karma: 49)
By dancegirl90member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1077, member since Thu Dec 09, 2004
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 09:37 AM
Moved to Ballet Intensives by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-02-18 15:45:34 moved to ballet intensives
Made sticky by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-02-18 15:46:20
Made sticky by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-02-18 15:47:05

This is (as the title describes) a special guide for dancers that were not accepted for the school that they did
audition for and also for the dancers that don't believe they have enough potential to get in the school they want.
Enjoy !

For those that were not accepted

Support

Call your friend/friends and cry on their shoulder. They can give you hugs
and make you feel better about yourself. They know how hard you work and how good you really are,
but you can't see it at that moment.

Your current school

Now stop whining ! ;) And call your principal and ask if you can take more classes if possible.
You can also talk to one of your teachers or principal and tell them about your dream to become
pro/something else. They will be able to help you reach your goals. Now go work your butt off ! :)

Work hard !

Don't just go to classes, work hard and forget all about dance until next class. Stretch at home
whenever you can, work hard all the time. It will help alot. Though you should be careful not
to overstretch. Trust me you know when you've worked way to hard !
You can buy the New York City Ballet workout on tape or dvd. From what I hear it's great, I'm buy
ing it. Just click here below if you want it:

www.amazon.com . . .

Stars that worked hard, never gave up on their dreams-and won !

My best example would be Joanne Kathrine Rowling. Yes the woman that wrote (and is still
writing) the Harry Potter books. She was a divorced woman with kids. Living in a really small
aparment, she could barely afford anything. She wrote one Harry Potter book and went
to a puplisher to see if he thought it was good enough to be puphlished. And guess what ?!
The puplisher did not think it was good enough and denied puplishing it. So did Rowling give
up and sob ? No ! She went to another puplisher and another until someone thought it was good
enough to puplish. And just see her today ! Everybody loves her books, she's married, super
rich and there are movies made after her books. All because she never gave up. What if she
had given up ? Then nobody would know who Harry Potter is.
Also many actors have been told to go back to their small town and never try acting again.
Most of them are really famous good actors today. Because they never gave up and kept working
to achieve their dream.
Here is more:

Beethoven was rated "hopeless" by his musicteacher
Einstein was exspelled from school.

So remember to never give up on your dreams !

There is always next year !

Yes you know these 365 (or 366) days called a year ? Well you will get through a lot of those and
every year there is another audition ! And you could always try finding another school to
audition for !

Don't give up !

No matter how hopeless things seem to be, you must not give up ! Believe in yourself, because
I do !

For those who think they will not be accepted

So you are going to audition, what next ? Here is a simple guide I made, hope it will help !

Be confident !

You must show confidence at the audition. Do your best and act confident even though you are
feeling numb. It will impress the judges.

Don't stop trying if you make a mistake !

Now this one is very important ! If you are doing pirouettes for example and you fail
doing double/triple don't just stand there and feel like crying while others keep going !
Try again and think that this time you will be able to do it ! Be determinded, it will earn
you points from the judges !

Smile !

Now this one many dancers tend to forget. A very simple thing. To smile and show their love
for dancing. If you look like you would rather be covered in paint (lol) then
be auditioning it won't earn you points from the judges.

Arrive early and relax !

Yes try arriving early so you can find your place in time. Being late and stressing to find
everything definetly won't help with to audition. Also relax ! Breathe slowly in and out
and take a banana with you. It will help your nerves.

What are friends for ?

Take a friend with you ! He will be able to help you relax and make you laugh. If he can't come
in, let him wait outside or at least be outside when your audition is over. Hey girl/boy
you deserve it ! After the audition you can run to your friend for hugs and reassuring. Sounds
good right ? ;)

Your family loves and supports you-well it should !

You can also take a family-member with you. Some one you really want there.
It could be your mom or favourite aunt.Don't be shy to ask them ! Trust me, they will be
delighted to be there for you. ;)

You can do it !

The audition is about to start...what next ? Well you go in there, work your butt off, show
what you've got and think of what I've written for you ! It's all or nothing honey ! And remember
that there is always next year !

Not every path requires a pro-school !

Yes that's true. If you want to become a danceteacher for example you don't need a pro-school.
So you will never have to give up your dancing !

My final words to dancers from all over the world !

I share the same passion as you-dance. I understand every doubt on your heart and can relate
to any problems you have. But no matter how hopeless everything seems, you must never give up
on your dream. It makes you who you are. Don't listen to people mocking your dream, they
obviously just envy you for having a path to follow in your life. You must work very hard,
be determinded because it will get you far. Show the judges how bad you really want this !
Give your everything ! It's to late to quit now ! I believe in you all ! :)

Lots of love,
Dancegirl90

P.S. I had to rewrite the whole thing because my friends computer is evil. I think this
should be made a sticky because of it. Lol..no just kidding. Although the first part happened.

62 Replies to Special guide for dancers that were not/ don't think they will be accepted-Great mood guarante

re: Special guide for dancers that were not/ don't think they will be accepted-Great mood guar
By miss_liss Comments: 341, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 09:47 AM
thankx for advice! dont need it yet i got into what i went for but will need it in the future
re: Special guide for dancers that were not/ don't think they will be accepted-Great mood guar
By pinktutu Comments: 571, member since Thu Apr 24, 2003
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:50 AM
Thanks alot that was helpful. Im really hard on myself sometimes. Im going to be geting a letter from AAB this week about whether or not I got in and Im nervous. And I still have auditions coming up.
By tygressmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 204, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:53 AM
Thanks! that was a really good post & made me smile :) karma! (p.s. I know how that feels to hafta retype something....now whenever I post or comment I highlight & copy it before I push the send button lol).

~Gwen~
By Alessandra2 Comments: 131, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 01:06 PM
Thanks for that, karma for you! I have university auditions coming up, plus I'm really confused as to what I want for my future (see my recent topic entitled future career) but your post made me feel a lil better.
Thanx
By MyranClara Comments: 20, member since Tue Jan 18, 2005
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 02:16 PM
Thank you so much for the advice! I think it will help with my upcoming auditions.
By pointeballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1040, member since Tue Nov 11, 2003
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 05:59 PM
Oh thank you so much. You deserve karma. :) This must have taken so much effort to make (especially retyping it!). You've made me feel much better!

Samantha
By twinkel_toes Comments: 25, member since Sun Nov 14, 2004
On Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:42 PM
all i can say is wow and .... Karma, karma and more karma!!!
By snowgirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 288, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Wed Jan 19, 2005 05:48 AM
Thank you so much for this post! :)
By dancegirl90member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1077, member since Thu Dec 09, 2004
On Thu Jan 20, 2005 04:59 AM
Thank you for the replies and karma ! :)
Lots of love, Dancegirl90
By balletbabe135 Comments: 190, member since Wed Dec 29, 2004
On Thu Jan 20, 2005 02:44 PM
thanks for all the advise. you did make me feel better! Karma for you! :)
*bb135*
By adobe711member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 416, member since Wed Jun 09, 2004
On Thu Jan 20, 2005 03:14 PM
Thanks so much for this post! It is so inspirational. I guess the whole motto is, "This too shall pass."
By Calliope1616member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 731, member since Sat Dec 18, 2004
On Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:27 PM
This was a wonderful post, and it was so true! I understood everything you were saying and...it really gave me a lot of hope and...I don't know what to say except: Thank You for posting!
On Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:21 PM
Thank you all for reading this. :)
Love, Dancegirl90
By DanceFreak247 Comments: 2519, member since Thu Dec 30, 2004
On Sat Jan 22, 2005 02:07 PM
WOW! Karma to you! That's really helpful :)
On Sun Jan 23, 2005 06:18 AM
Thank you all :)
Love, Dancegirl90
By LaBallerina Comments: 715, member since Sun May 30, 2004
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 05:39 PM
There's some karma coming your way... ;)

La xx
By Katarina2 Comments: 26, member since Wed Jun 16, 2004
On Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:05 PM
Thank you soo much! I will be auditioning( dont know how it spells) to morrow. so I really needed to hear that. Its a really good post!

/ katarina
By ballerinababi83 Comments: 724, member since Thu May 06, 2004
On Sun Feb 20, 2005 04:58 PM
Hhhm, I think I smell something--- Oh wait, it's karma! This was inspiring! AND you retyped everything. Yay for dancegirl90!

BB83
By DancingNatrymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Sun Jan 23, 2005
On Sun Feb 20, 2005 07:48 PM
Let me hear ya say...KARMA! Love it, I'm really stressed and nervous for my Juilliard Audition and this really made my day. Thank you so much. I don't want to be dramatic but I felt my eyes got watered because I need support right now. Thank you so much this really made me stronger.
By Peridotmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2389, member since Mon Dec 27, 2004
On Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:51 AM
This was a great post and very inspirational! Thanks for making me smile! :)
By LaBallerina89member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 237, member since Sun Oct 17, 2004
On Thu Mar 10, 2005 07:42 AM
Wow this is really great Terry :D You know I'm auditioning in April so this is really awsome and helpul :D Thanks
Special guide for dancers that were not/ don't think they will be accepted-Great mood guarante
By pointe_star_jenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 105, member since Sun Jun 27, 2004
On Mon Apr 04, 2005 05:57 AM
That is such a great post! Thank you!

I just wanna say something to everyone of you dancers out there:

When you go into an audition, the judges won't know your name, but make damn sure that when you leave they know your name!!

Dance and be happy!!
Love
Jen
xxx
Great advice
By Skunk Comments: 30, member since Wed Apr 20, 2005
On Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:21 AM
Even for someone without "great expectations" when it comes to dance, your advice reminds me to smile and enjoy myself. Thanks!
By PBTeLLe41 Comments: 53, member since Thu Dec 30, 2004
On Mon May 23, 2005 10:17 AM
Awww, that's cute. I like it a lot! It should be good for people that didn't get accepted to certain ballet schools..well duh, that's what the post is for. hehe.
Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch