Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: Special guide for dancers that were not/ don't think they will be accepted-Great mood guar
By elle_ballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 175, member since Mon Sep 07, 2009
On Wed Sep 16, 2009 09:16 AM
Thanks so much this is great :) I didn't get accepted to ABT last year and it made me really sad :(
re: Special guide for dancers that were not/ don't think they will be accepted-Great mood guar
By balletnut21member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 98, member since Sat Mar 27, 2010
On Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:49 PM
Thank you so much! That was great advice! I will remember all of this next time I don't make it into an SI. (Or anything else)
By abi_dancer777 Comments: 20, member since Sun Feb 20, 2011
On Mon Feb 28, 2011 08:39 PM
This is some really great advice. I didn't think that I would get into ABT, but guess what, I did. I have problems with not believing in myself sometimes, but I am sure that this will help. Thanks for the advice, this was an awesome post.
By lovestodance989 Comments: 318, member since Sun Jun 12, 2011
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 07:21 PM
I love the thing about Joanne Rowling! You must be a fan:)
(I'm obsessed!)
Haha:)

This was really helpful, thanks!
By emimarguerite Comments: 34, member since Wed Mar 14, 2012
On Mon Apr 16, 2012 03:18 PM
thanks for this advice! its really inspiring!
By Emthedancer Comments: 19, member since Tue Mar 13, 2012
On Mon Apr 30, 2012 04:11 PM
To anyone that wasn't accepted for a summer program or anything else: you are a beautiful dancer and even thought you might be upset about not getting in, try to go back and think if there was a reason you didn't get in. Maybe you were having a bad turn day or just felt off. Spend some time practicing what you think you messed up on and go back to audition next year:):):):)
By BalletBrain Comments: 50, member since Tue Jan 01, 2013
On Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 AM
Thanks! Buthe girls who looked like they'd rather be covered in paint got it. I got my letter from Cincinnati Ballet (how pathetic!!) but I don't feel too bad. It was a totally different method than I do and only my first audition. Plenty to come! Thanks for the tips!!
By BalletBrain Comments: 50, member since Tue Jan 01, 2013
On Sat Mar 02, 2013 02:34 PM
pointe_star_jen wrote:

When you go into an audition, the judges won't know your name, but make damn sure that when you leave they know your name!!

I totally agree with this! There is nothing greater than being watched go across the floor, then literally hearing your number called out while they find your name. I got accepted! By the way, this is an excellent post!
By bellaftmaxi Comments: 34, member since Sun Mar 24, 2013
On Mon Mar 25, 2013 05:15 PM
Thank for the advice on this matter given me lots of confidnce
By behindbarres Comments: 84, member since Sun Mar 30, 2014
On Sat Apr 19, 2014 05:39 PM
Great tips, not being excepted is the worst feeling in the world because it is as if this professional company doesn't believe you have any potential, but thats not true.
By ashlynballet Comments: 10, member since Wed Feb 19, 2014
On Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 AM
Thanks so much for this advice. Helped me feel so much better after being rejected from the program of my dreams. After I was rejected and read this, I was able to find an even better program that I know I will love even more.
By SydnieBallerina Comments: 20, member since Mon Jun 13, 2016
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 04:07 PM
Hey! I wanted to give my own personal advice. Hope this helps :)

So, I know a girl who auditioned for Chataqua. She is a GORGEOUS dancer! Her passe's are extremely high, she has amazing turnout, and the perfect body for ballet! However, Chataqua turned her down. A few years later, she auditioned for the School of American Ballet, and she was accepted! She was in the prodigy level at the CPYB 5WSBP, and she is super talented. Don't worry too much about rejection. I cried when I got my first rejection letter. I cried for days, I'm not denying that. However, its better to have auditioned than to have not. Now, they know who you are. They know your face. If you work super hard during the school year following that summer, I can almost guarantee that they'll take you next year! And if not, just do as many auditions as possible. This is what many dancers do, and it works! Just audition for as many schools as possible.

Hope you enjoyed! Keep striving for your dreams!!
By SydnieBallerina Comments: 20, member since Mon Jun 13, 2016
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 04:08 PM
Hey! I wanted to give my own personal advice. Hope this helps :)

So, I know a girl who auditioned for Chataqua. She is a GORGEOUS dancer! Her passe's are extremely high, she has amazing turnout, and the perfect body for ballet! However, Chataqua turned her down. A few years later, she auditioned for the School of American Ballet, and she was accepted! She was in the prodigy level at the CPYB 5WSBP, and she is super talented. Don't worry too much about rejection. I cried when I got my first rejection letter. I cried for days, I'm not denying that. However, its better to have auditioned than to have not. Now, they know who you are. They know your face. If you work super hard during the school year following that summer, I can almost guarantee that they'll take you next year! And if not, just do as many auditions as possible. This is what many dancers do, and it works! Just audition for as many schools as possible.

Hope you enjoyed! Keep striving for your dreams!!
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch