Forum: Arts / Photography - Artistic

Photography - Artistic
No karma for photos
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Jan 29, 2005 01:28 AM
Made sticky by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-01-29 01:19:41

Some time ago, this issue came up and it was decided that karma would be disallowed for photos, as it was being badly abused. That goes for all boards.

We are working on a system that does not involve karma to reward or point out pictures that you enjoy. Until that time, however, karma is not the way, and will be removed from those posts.

imadanseur and the mod squad

5 Replies to No karma for photos

re: No karma for photos
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:22 PM
If you've been searching for a photograph that really meant something to you and asked for help in finding it, and someone took the time and effort to get it for you, could you give Karma for that? - The effort, helpfulness. But still, essentially beside a photograph.

Emma.x
On Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:29 PM
Ask yourself if what they wrote was inspiring, humorous or helpful to not just you...but to others? If it's in the photo's section and there is a picture with the post...karma is not allowed.

Everyone enjoys a thank you. I don't think anyone will be mad because you can't give them karma. It doesn't take a lot of time to scan a picture, even if I find it for someone else. We have to draw the line somewhere, or disallow pictures.
By ukr_dancing_doll Comments: 83, member since Sat Dec 18, 2004
On Thu Mar 17, 2005 01:47 PM
What is Karma anyways? and how do you get it?
By Pointe_Princess7 Comments: 267, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Wed Apr 27, 2005 08:13 PM
I'm sorry to say this, and I know that I have no right saying it, and I know that it is a little late, but that really stinks. How can you really tell someone that you LOVED their photo, and are really good pictures without karma? I know that you can just go tell them, but it's not the same. Karma is kind of like...like proof that you really liked their picture.
Sorry to put up a fight, and I'm not trying to start something. Honest. But I have been known as someone who needs to put their opinion out there for people to ponder on. Now I am not wanting anyone to even respond to my oppose, because once again, I am not one to try to fight.
Please everyone just let this hang, unless you are a mod who wants to remove this. And if someone removes this, it is okay. No offense taken.
Got to go.
Yours Truely,
Pointe Princess
On Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:05 AM
^You have every right to your opinion, but karma was set up for COMMENTS. If we didn't have the comments and thoughtful discussions and the site was just a bunch of pictures, how many members do you think we'd have?? The pictures are a nice added bonus because some sites don't have that cabability.

While we appreciate the opinions I don't think it's going to sway the owner to allow people to abuse karma. It just doesn't that much effort to upload a picture as it does to actually formulate a post that is thoughtful, creative, humorous, or helpful.

ReplySendWatch