Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Crafty Gift Ideas
By XPixie_DancerX Comments: 35, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Mon Oct 24, 2005 03:41 PM
Yay thanx for that post, i'm gonna try some of those out!
By darlin_dancer Comments: 398, member since Sat Jul 31, 2004
On Sat Jun 30, 2007 08:15 AM
for every birthday this year I have made my friends something. I thought these were pretty simple tasks, however do take time—most of them you can basically use what ever you want because it is just adding a little something to a boring every day item- however there are a few WHAT YOU WILL NEED lists I have added. Here is what I have done- if the pictures show up then good if not, I'm sorry I tried. just to let you know, these are not my pictures, just where i got ideas from.

Layered framee—you can buy these at Target, the frame itself has 4 layers of glass (front, middle, middle, back). Take each one out and decorate them in a theme where you can see everything added, but in a layered look.

Scrapbook – I love scrapbooks, I acctually think they are my favorites. For samples look here:
archiversonline.com . . .

Mirror—you can get pictures, stickers, puffy paint and window markers and go crazy.

Garbage can- to do this, I took a plain white garbage can, pictures and quotes. Then I took the circle shape for a base and made three lines around the can making stripes—pictures, quotes, pictures. It turned out very nicely and was probably the easiest to do.

Collage frame- I used stickers and ribbons to decorate the mat and then used scrapbook paper as matting behind cropped pictures.

Memory board-
You will need:
Foam poster board
Felt to cover it
Decorative fabric
Ribbon
Cover the foam poster board with the felt and make sure it is attached enough. After this, cover both items with the decorative fabric. Lastly take the ribbon and put it in such a way that thumbtacks are not necessary to hold the pictures up. The picture on this post is of that.

A thumbtack bulletin board- I used different scrapbooking paper to create a backrouund and then attached paper clips to ribbon at different levels to hang pictures. I also left parts of the paper opened in order to create a pocket like idea.

Non sew blankets

Cigar jewelry box- I used pitures and sticker letters to create an attractive looking outside and then used scrapbook paper to line the inside of the box. Feel free to use other knick nacs to create this.

Shelf- I went to joann fabrics and bought a plain un painted, unfinished shelf. When I returned home I painted the self and added quotes, gems and pictures. The shelf was finished.

Shadow box- a 3-d scrapbook page.

Cd scrapbook- use old, broken, or scratched c.d.s. use these as a base for your scrapbook. Scrap, connect and you are finised.

Calendars- this year for my very close friends, i sent pictures to walgreens.com and made them each a calendar using pictures from the year.

jars- for graduation i also made money jars. i decorated an empty jar (found at walgreens, walmart, target... etc) with scrapbook paper, added letters that said money jar and finished with tying ribbon around the top of the jar. my friends loved using this to start saving money for college.

If you want pictures or other ideas, PM and I will be more than happy to find some for you. Have fun and happy dancing/crafting. :D
By dreamfairy Comments: 33, member since Mon Oct 01, 2007
On Fri Dec 14, 2007 06:53 PM
I have a Christmas party tomorrow, and I love the lip gloss idea! I think I will make some as party favors!
By PinkKarnation Comments: 47, member since Sat May 10, 2008
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 07:14 AM
I really like the cigar box idea.
I can't wait to try it!
Thanks for posting all these cool craft ideas!!!
By dancingstar210 Comments: 1308, member since Wed Aug 13, 2003
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 03:40 PM
i love making gifts for family and friends and everyone who's posted has great ideas! i especially loved the diaper wreath...that is so unique!

one of my projects that i tend to make a lot is scrapbook frame. i'm a big scrapbooker, but as more of a time saving gift, i make one scrapbook page and then put it in a frame. i typically scrapbook 12x12 and they make 12x12 wooden frames which work really nice. and the frames that i get are thick, so dependin on what the page is and who i'm giving it to, i also embellish the frame with like ribbon or somehting.
By Jules15 Comments: 173, member since Tue Aug 04, 2009
On Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 PM
The framed scrapbook page sounds really nice. I keep meaning to do one of these for my daughter but I think it would be a lovely gift for anyone.

Jules
By molliegymmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 516, member since Sat Feb 09, 2008
On Mon Mar 08, 2010 09:06 PM
A friend of mine gave me a journal which she personalized with the logo of one of my favorite bands on the front. Cute, simple, and totally appreciated and personal.

I like making friendship bracelets! This website has a ton of patterns- hbernb.atspace.com . . .

You can use different colors. I like to do the "alphabet" style and personalize it for the recipient, sometimes adding things like hearts, stripes, little music notes, or greek letters (if the person is in a sorority or fraternity). You can also do logos and simple designs- I've done an outline of a swimmer, a few band logos, and I'm planning to do a silhouette of a narwhal next. This website is great for making patterns- patternsforyou.com . . .

For the style of bracelet described above, select "loom" as the stitch, set the width to as wide as you want (I recommend 10-20), and either the square or vertical oval for the type of cell (under advanced settings).
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch